Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
In a round about way Trump was right. The wall will get built and Mexico will pay for it.

To keep us the gently caress out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I'll be the first person in line to laugh at how badly idiots managed to drum circle and finger wiggle themselves into being completely ineffectual but Occupy Wall Street was a lot of people across the entire country coming together at the same time, for a very long time, with one pretty clear message "We're pissed off at the status quo and the elite that keep it that way". They even managed to bumble-gently caress their way into a really great slogan with the 99%/1% stuff. So what did Democrats do in the face of that kind of popular resentment and an orange skinned human middle finger to the status quo with a bad hairpiece? Literally "I'll be more of the same!" To really goon it up, OWS was the country going to yellow alert and the Trumpster fire is poo poo getting real and going to red alert. How bad do things have to get before that frustration is harnessed and pointed in a good direction?

Because someone is going to say what people want to hear, it might as well be someone constructive. What's wrong with saying loudly, constantly and everywhere, "Bankers are loving the nation, we're going to protect the people"? Republicans just proved you can have a serial sexual assaulting, racist, xenophobic thin skinned narcissistic man child blatantly and obviously looking to burn the country down so he can loot the ashes as long as you point out how the average guy is getting screwed. I'd much rather have that harnessed and pointed at the 1% than whatever shade of brown Drumpfy sees first that morning.

I mean I get that if you go too far and enter 'The People's Revolution' territory it can be bad poo poo, but it loving works and going high while they go low to victory isn't making things better for anyone who isn't straight, white, male and rich.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

mcmagic posted:

What if he tells them they that he delivered on twitter and since facts have no meaning it doesn't matter if he did or not?

Good news everyone!

This is exactly what is happening and we're not even in the first hundred days.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
As much fun as the weekly Hillary vs. Bernie slap fight is could we maybe broaden the horizons a little bit? Democrats have been getting loving destroyed everywhere. They're getting their asses kicked up and down the street like an old tin can at all levels of government. Electoral college dickery gave Republicans the executive, gerrymandering has the legislative on lock down, unconstitutional obstructionism has just been rewarded with control of the judicial and right now billionaire funded think tanks are spinning up op-eds on how to use a constitutional convention if they reach that level of state control.

Maybe look a little higher than just this candidate versus that candidate and ask, 'What the gently caress is going on?'

The answer is people are god drat pissed off at the status quo. Everybody for different reasons depending on their individual situation but the common thread is 'gently caress you all you haven't done poo poo for me in decades' Harness that and start pointing it at sons of bitches, preferably the ones that deserve it, because if you don't Team Rocket is gonna ride in and use it to poo poo on minorities some more. See also: every god drat election basically everywhere.

As just one example, I get the financial necessity of bailing out the banks in the global financial crisis. Nobody was really gonna like that one, but that could have been smoothed over if you frog marched some mother fuckers into trial and actually gave them some consequences instead of letting them use the bailouts they got to pay off some fines then gave them an out by not admitting guilt in their plea deal with one hand while they continue to foreclose on houses across the nation with the other.

Would it have been political theater? Yeah, absolutely. So what? Half of politics is messaging to begin with and what the hell kind of message was sent with that? Give them a huge show trial, let the media all over it like the poo poo-attracted flies they are. Publicly crucify the 1%-er assholes that caused the problem in the first place. Splash their names across the front pages of papers. If you win, great! You've sent the message that loving needs to be sent and you can start down the path of regaining public trust in the institutions that are failing everyone across the board. If you lose, because there's every possibility they would have lawyered their way out of it like the weasely rich poo poo stains they are, also great! Hammer that drum long and loud about how rigged the system is and these elite assholes are having their way with you and yours. Vote for me.

Any of that last part sound familiar?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Mustached Demon posted:

Maybe we should reevaluate the purpose of uspol. It didn't used to be lovely. MUPGA!

Hey now let's not say things we may regret.

• Locked thread