Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKeYbEOSqYc Cassandra

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

While I am extremely disappointed in the Trump win, I actually am sort of proud of America honestly. Establishment, markets, wallstreet, and all the other monied interests were rooting for a Clinton win. She outspent him 15 to 1. And that didn't happen.

I'll never again think that the people don't truly hold the power in America. You can't buy an election.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Bullfrog posted:

Whites are the establishment. They put him there.

If you think the establishment republicans and democrats wanted a Donald Trump win. Well.....

Edit: Lol if you really think Wallstreet actually wants no TPP? Cmon guys.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

BigglesSWE posted:

As long as that person isn't a woman, it's totally viable for anyone to become president.

Hillary Clinton lost the national election by a couple of %'s. Women absolutely can become the president.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Bates posted:

I seriously almost had a panic attack last night. I have no idea what this rear end in a top hat is going to do.

Presidential elections happen. lovely candidates get in. Donald Trump isn't the first, and he won't be the last. Time has a way of erasing problems of the day. In 10 years we're gonna look back on this day and find things are pretty wildly different. I hope SA is still around in that time, because I hope this post gets archived.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Nov 9, 2016

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

negromancer posted:

Americas problem is what it's always been: white people.

You know for someone who complains about racism you seem willing to engage in it.

Don't believe me? Try out this sentence. "America's problem is what its always been: Hispanic people."

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Lessail posted:

Wow this coming from someone who is ok with the result? Who would have guessed???????

Whoa there. I can get people lashing out and misunderstanding my post because they haven't actually read it or attach additional meanings to it. It's fine. It's a problem we liberals have. Whatever. I knew what I was getting into.

But this? This is a bridge too drat far. Acceptance is a vastly different thing than "being ok with". I'm extremely disappointed in the election, but also understand and accept it.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Benny the Snake posted:

I'm angry as hell how Warren and Sanders said they'd cooperate with the president-elect. We know full well who he is, what he's now capable of, and what his cronies are planning. This is the time to declare our full opposition to him, dammit

Of course you'd cooperate with the president-elect. The peaceful transition of power is the point. You think they won't oppose him when he gets in office? Get real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Really happy to see some print and TV media doing some self reflection that they are out of touch, and in fact working in opposition to so much of the country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3uHOHMTqJ8

Maybe we can see a return to unbiased, Edward R Murrow journalism, even if the face of someone you consider a total moron.

Ha ha no that's unprofitable. They'll contemplate their navels then go right back to it.

• Locked thread