Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
http://www.yescalifornia.org/

After all this is 2016 and up is down and right is wrong and black is latino so why not? \_:v:_/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

:cripes:

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
YES PLEASE DO THIS OH GOD

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
:lol: It begins

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
Lol at the latest "press release":

quote:

Statement on Russia’s Participation in the 2016 Summer Olympic Games

In response to the ongoing efforts to ban Russian athletes from participating in the Summer Olympics next month, the Yes California Campaign releases the following statement:

There has been a concerted effort to prohibit the entire Russian Olympic team from participating in the upcoming 2016 Summer Olympic Games. This effort has clear geopolitical underpinnings that reek of hypocrisy and bias against the Russian Federation itself, and therefore undermine the very nature of the Olympics - which is to put political differences aside and come together in peaceful competition. Today we applaud the decision by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) to separate the political games from the Olympic Games and additionally thank Mr. Thomas Bach, the president of the IOC, for supporting the Russian athletes and competitors who will proudly represent their country and their people at the games in Rio de Janeiro next month.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Pinch Me Im Meming posted:

Not entirely untrue tho

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Hey sane liberals, remember when you made fun of the insane neocons for exactly this thing? Guess both sides have the crazies, huh.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

OWLS! posted:

YES PLEASE DO THIS OH GOD

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

this reminds me too much of all the SECEDE assholes in texas after Obama won

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Well that's because it's exactly the same thing but with California?

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Nice

Russian PsyOps

lol why http://www.yescalifornia.org/russia_2016_olympic_games

Man Musk has issued a correction as of 19:41 on Nov 9, 2016

Minesweep
Oct 6, 2010

please secede california, also take back all the idiots you exported to oregon while you are at it ~thanks~

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Minesweep posted:

please secede california, also take back all the idiots you exported to oregon while you are at it ~thanks~

Lets just break off the coasts and wall off the central states

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

be honest though

would you really miss florida, alabama, mississipi and/or texas being set adrift into the ocean

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

OWLS! posted:

Hey sane liberals, remember when you made fun of the insane neocons for exactly this thing? Guess both sides have the crazies, huh.

This has always been true, look at the green party for gently caress's sake it's basically a dumping ground for liberals who are too stupid and crazy for mainstream politics

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Minesweep posted:

if California took all of it idiots back then the entire city of Portland would just be empty though, that would be weird

feller
Jul 5, 2006

QuarkJets posted:

if California took all of it idiots back then the entire city of Portland would just be empty though, that would be weird

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

QuarkJets posted:

I'd be fine with that. Californians ruining my state and city.

Clunk Tap It
May 1, 2014

http://www.yescalifornia.org/

After all this is 2016 and up is down and right is wrong and black is latino so why not? \_:v:_/

Because we need their electoral votes to beat Trump in 2020 and their members of Congress to minimize the damage in the meantime, that's why not.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If this passes in the bizzaro world where faith the in Union is no longer universal I will literally put on a white surcoat and purge the mormons

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Unlike say Texas(s :v: ) I think Cali could garner enough revenue via Hollywood and such in order to sustain itself.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

New England is really destined to be its own country and I hope this election brings us closer to that.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

New England is really destined to be its own country and I hope this election brings us closer to that.

No thanks.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

You should move to another country because you don't deserve Ol' Glory

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
You should totally do the secession thing but don't vote on it. Just riot in the streets and have a night of long knives. Winners get the state.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
lol @ them using the exact same logo/campaign name as the Scottish independence campaign

there's something you guys should know about how that turned out for us, you might want to sit down for this

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i have been a lifelong pacifist and i will volunteer myself into the trump army to drag those motherfuckers back kicking and screaming into the mess they helped make

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 7 days!)

I say we let california secede and then we nuke it. Nevada will be unfortunate collateral damage

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

got any sevens posted:

Lets just break off the coasts and wall off the central states

jesus, who the gently caress would remain on the mainland

EDIT: who would buy all the corn

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
watch donald trump refuse to recognize california as a sovereign state and refuse to withdraw us troops from california military installations, watch california's newly-formed military get pissed and start shelling said military installations, watch america get great again

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Kinda hosed up they're being so entitled and selfish.

Why not pick up some other neighboring states too jfc

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
the ghost of Sherman cares not where he is sent to preserve the Union

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
good, go

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Teikanmi posted:

be honest though

would you really miss florida, alabama, mississipi and/or texas being set adrift into the ocean

im texan so yes

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Republicans are for this, a guy in line to vote for Trump after telling me Podesta is a satanist and Hillary is a liar said he would sell California to China for 50 billion.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
What's the tariff on water from the US? I'm sure that might put a damper on a Californian exit since they have to get some of their from neighboring states iirc. Same with electricity I think.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Elephanthead posted:

Republicans are for this, a guy in line to vote for Trump after telling me Podesta is a satanist and Hillary is a liar said he would sell California to China for 50 billion.

i'd hope trump would negotiate for a higher price than that if he's so good at ~trade~

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
california can leave if they pay all the costs to remove the major federal facilities in their state and transfer them to nearby states

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Guess they got tired of waiting for the fault line to do this for them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

california can leave if they pay all the costs to remove the major federal facilities in their state and transfer them to nearby states

also lol @ Federal agencies like the DEA and Border Patrol simply disappearing (not that I like them, but the implications are fairly obvious)

• Locked thread