Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Junior Senator-elect Kamala Harris.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

Junior Senator-elect Kamala Harris.

-More progressive than status quo (opposes death penalty, etc.)
-Young compared to recent candidates (will be 56 in 2020)
-Up-and-coming
-Untainted by scandal
-6 years as major state AG, 4 years as Senator by that point
-decent amount of charisma
-looks Presidential
-somehow tricked her blue dog opponent into "dabbing" at their debate:

Vox Nihili has issued a correction as of 02:33 on Nov 10, 2016

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Zore posted:

Also an utter train wreck of a person who could barely run a campaign in California. She went through 4 campaign managers and 5 finance directors in a little over a year.

Like, if you thought the Clinton campaign had issues a Harris campaign should terrify you.

I'm only aware of one campaign manager switch.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
One of the cool things about Gabbard is that she's actually won several competitive races, often against presumptively favored opponents. In short, she can actually campaign and win supporters.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Teikanmi posted:

It really all depends to what scale Trump fucks everything up, not who runs against him

Of course it matters who runs against him.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

They're going to try and run a celebrity that they think millenials like or Michelle Obama in 2020 and it'll be a complete disaster.

Real talk: Michelle doesn't want to run and won't run.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Homework Explainer posted:

come around have we

Maybe let's not smugly attack our friends when they express support for people we like.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Condiv posted:

that guy is high up at the NYT? :eyepop:

they're all just completely clueless aren't they? they're loving incompetents masquerading as technocrats

They literally only understand identity politics. The idea that a black man named Obama might appeal to rural folks in the rust belt is beyond them, despite the past 8 years actually happening. In their current state of pain and confusion, they are incapable of processing data and are relying on their mess of preconceptions.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

*stares at the record low number of votes in 2016* what we need is a candidate who's only inspiring feature is their skin color or chromosome arrangement

there was not a record low number of votes this year. the media reported a record low because our journalists are ignorant hacks who compared the certified final total vote from prior years to the preliminary November 9th vote this year, which did not include some 7 million absentee and provisional ballots yet to be counted

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Space Pussy posted:

Gabby :swoon: would be ideal but I'm sure she'll be swiftboated into oblivion over the Hindu thing and the DNC will nominate another shitlord like MOM.

With Keith as chair this might actually be possible.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Fulchrum posted:

Because he's Muslim?

I mean the candidacy, not the attacks.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Concerned Citizen posted:

tulsi isn't a leftist. she's a hilariously transparent fraud that goes whichever way she thinks the wind is blowing

So like Clinton without the scandals and perhaps a bit more charisma. Hell, I'll take it.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
yeah its easy to forget after the shock of a big clinton loss that trump is actually starting out as possibly the most disliked president in american history

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Fulchrum posted:

loving unbelievable. Republicans win with a white supremacist and you're anxious to throw minorities under the bus to catch up to them.

I continue to say Duckworth - I even wanted her for VP. I think claims of her being dumb are seriously overblown.

Do you even know a single thing about Duckworth? I'm serious.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

MaxxBot posted:

I dunno, I don't think it shows integrity for someone who opposes gay marriage and doesn't think gays are oppressed in America to hide behind MY 100% HRC RATING like that means anything.

Pretending to fight for lgbt rights despite one's long-standing opposition to gay marriage definitely earns a 100% Hillary Rodham Clinton rating lol

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Jesus Christ Tulsi

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
lets run... errr... *reaches in pocket, yanks out nothing but fabric, lint, and comical fluttering moths*

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

logikv9 posted:

he's not the progressive hero that people itt want, and the reason he's so well liked is because for the last 8 years we haven't really heard his policy positions, only that he's chill and cool

his numbers will take a hit and he has his own scandals and poo poo that will come back to the light. but he's well known and some dems might go for that because of his appeal to the rust belt

i think the best opportunity is running him and tacking on a bernie-style agenda along with him

hes legitimately too old to be our first option now, just like sanders

he'd still probably be able to beat trump, though!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Agean90 posted:

Trump got less votes than Romney, trump didn't win the election, Hillary lost it by loving it up on drat near every level. Yes trump did do some things right, but to copy everything he did is lazy and will accomish nothing.

In as much as this thread will accomplish any thing anyeay.

Trump received more votes than Romney. There were a wave of lovely articles making wild claims about votes and turnout. Most of the authors forgot that absentee ballots are still being counted because they are incompetent hacks.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Thump! posted:

Why did everyone forget about Tim Kaine?

Because he is eminently forgettable.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

zegermans posted:

Eugenics was a progressive invention.

Lol, this loving guy.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Eugenics traces it's origin to the study of evolutionary science. With that in mind, I think we can easily conclude that evolution, science, and anything that developed from either is evil. Checkmate. *Slams face against red-hot waffle iron*

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Fulchrum posted:

Wow, you sure managed to show us that a simplistic black and white way of thinking where everything good comes from one place is sensible, by pointing out how dumb it sounds when you claim everything evil comes from it instead.

Again, you're doing the fishmech thing where you ascribe wild claims to another poster without even the slimmest justification. It's pathetic. Aren't you ashamed of yourself?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Fulchrum posted:

You know, gently caress it, this might be entertaining. Let's see if you can justify that the state children's healthcare insurance program is actually all thanks to Elizabeth Warren or something, and that the eeeeevil Hillary and Ted Kennedy both tried to destroy it to feast on children's souls or some poo poo.

You're making up the opposing arguments in your head. You're deranged.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
In 2020, Gavin Newsom will have been governor of California for two years.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Optimus Subprime posted:

It me, the liberal who still believes demographics are fate.

Turns out we believed it too hard and now literally every white person is a Republican.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Snatch Duster posted:

hahahaha

this some real retarded poo poo, $1200 lmao

Out, out, out!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Diseased conservative brain: Wow Trump won, healthcare is probably real cheap now.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Alter Ego posted:

Why was Tulsi Gabbard considered a viable standard bearer for anything again?

She rallied a bunch of people at the Dakota Access Pipeline protests.

She actually owns in most regards.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

get that OUT of my face posted:

i'd rather let someone in Virginia do that

she doesn't own in foreign policy, she's a bloodthirsty hawk who idolizes Modi, the Indian Trump

She's like a 3 on the 1 to Clinton hawk scale. Opposed Syrian intervention, in fact consistently speaks out against proxy wars and regime change in general. She has some bad Hindi-related biases though I agree.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Hillary-aligned talking heads have been trying to shank her with things like this ever since she endorsed Sanders. All the Dems stood up and clapped for Trump when he walked into the room, when he mentioned protecting Israel, etc., but apparently Tulsi also clapped for something else? Oh no!

Meanwhile she's anti-PATRIOT Act, pro-legalization, pro-refugee, green, etc. etc.

She supports cuts to military spending but still maintains the reputation of a veteran with the pro-military types.

Of course liberals hate her, she could actually win something.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

zegermans posted:

Tulsi was only anti Libya because letting Ghadaffi murder everyone would have led to markedly less Muslims

Haha the US efforts in Libya and Syria have saved so many Muslim lives, haven't they?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Liberal here. Maybe opposing war actually makes you a dangerous hawk? Just a thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

zegermans posted:

loving Clinton's incompetence saddled us with the horrifying specter of the Trump presidency! Our only hope is to swing haaaard left, and nominate his biggest fan in the entire Democratic house.

Today she called for Sessions to resign.

She's no Manchin, Heitkamp, Donnelly, or even Feinstein.

Also, she's not actually close to the best pick/first pick to run in 2020, FWIW. And she has dumb views on GMOs and probably some other hippie stuff. But she's not a warmonger by any goddamn measure except to the most bitter primary war saltines.

Vox Nihili has issued a correction as of 06:24 on Mar 4, 2017

• Locked thread