Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Do a Theodore Roosevelt plan. Sanders as pres with someone even more radical as vp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

The Nastier Nate posted:

The next democratic president, whether its 2020 or 2024, is going to be someone no one on this dead gay comedy forum predicted.

Agreed, who hell predicted trump as the GOP nominee before he threw his hat into the ring? Fukken no one.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

lol at everyone considering the dnc running a lovely Hollywood personality

Yes even the dweebs doing it "ironically". This is 2016. Irony is dead.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Lord Hydronium posted:

I mean, if we're going with "whatever Trump did worked and whatever Clinton did didn't", running an rear end in a top hat billionaire would seem to be the best shot.

Mark Cuban 2020.

Trump got less votes than Romney, trump didn't win the election, Hillary lost it by loving it up on drat near every level. Yes trump did do some things right, but to copy everything he did is lazy and will accomish nothing.

In as much as this thread will accomplish any thing anyeay.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Concerned Citizen posted:

i mean, i think there is a fairly important thing to note in 2020.

https://twitter.com/tbonier/status/802138284914855936

the future battleground states are not PA, OH, and WI. these states have been drifting away from democrats for some time. maybe they will back us again next cycle, but we may be entering a new political realignment. as the midwest moves away, virginia becomes solidly blue (for the first time, it went more blue than the rest of the nation). nc, fl, ga, az, and tx have moved very significantly toward democrats. texas is a very interesting case because of its rapid growth - overall turnout (as a percentage) was actually down between 2012 and 2016, but there were 800k more raw votes. and the state as a whole moved 5 points toward democrats, becoming less republican than both ohio and iowa. if these trends continue, texas is a possible battleground in 2020 and a likely battleground in 2024.

the future battleground map, i think:

GA will be a swing state likely to go GOP. Unless the DNC there gets a combination of serious talent and financial support, it'll take more then four years ro make it a true battlefield imo.

Disclaimer: my observations are based on growing up on the coast and word from people who live in the piedmont/pine barrens, ATL I have no idea about aside from them being dumb enough to build an aquarium in the middle of a drought.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Fulchrum posted:

Rational arguments and doing the right thing is a harder sell than appeals to base, savage instincts, selfishness and viciousness. This is news to you?

u though only catholics ate fish on friday and dont know what a fish fry is dispite the name being pretty gently caress self explanitory.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Al Franken would be better off being giving a big visible platform to troll the hell out of trump with that isn't a presidential campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

breaklaw posted:

I think Cory Booker won't get nearly the black voter support that Obama and Hillary did.

Actually, that's a thought, what if Obama re-inserts himself as kingmaker? Right now I feel if he endorses someone then there's you nominee. Even if he doesn't go out and campaign for them until the general.

lmao b-rocks gonna chill at millionaire Island, forever living a void of fucks to give

• Locked thread