Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
personally, I feel like we're overdue for another round of "the establishment sucks and can't do anything right and we don't need their help. also, the only reason our anti-establishment candidate lost is because the establishment didn't support them"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
If you start a new thread please title it "The Search for An Absolute Boy" TIA.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

centrists' value came in their being a vote for a Democratic speaker/majority leader to control what makes it to the floor for a vote, but if they can't even provide that (because they can't win), they're no use whatsoever so you might as well run full communists in a R+20 district, gently caress it

as evidenced by how bernie sanders drove youth turnout during the primary just like corbyn did

no one cares about primaries, especially not young people and independents. turns out those folks are still a key part of an effective dem coalition in the general election, though! clinton tried to replace them with moderate, wealthy republicans and got loving humiliated

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

if you can't win a democratic primary because of freaking out over taxes, how do you expect that leftism is gonna win a general election?

:killing:, beginning with the dccc

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Old and busted: we need to break up the big banks

new hotness: we need to break up the big snakes

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Venom Snake posted:

hope youre doing ok man

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/JStein_Vox/status/877587238380388353

*in schoolyard voice* suk! suk! suk! suk!

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Zhulik posted:

Guess who's become the most popular politician in the country since March 2016, guy.

Randy Bryce?

It's Randy Bryce.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
who are the justice dems

is that cenk's thing

cenk sucks

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

No True Nudesman

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
make a new thread and dont tell cc and wj about it

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

GalacticAcid posted:

who are the justice dems

is that cenk's thing

cenk sucks
yes

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

GalacticAcid posted:

who are the justice dems

is that cenk's thing

cenk sucks

yes and yes

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

docbeard posted:

Randy Bryce?

It's Randy Bryce.

vote thrice for bryce

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

docbeard posted:

Randy Bryce?

It's Randy Bryce.

I was actually thinking our own Succ Zone's forced meme prodigy, Peter Buttigieg. That is also an acceptable answer, however.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Venom Snake posted:

we need to reclaim the means of shitposting from capitalist fat snakes

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vox Nihili posted:

hope youre doing ok man

I am. Had a nice meeting with the head of my department at uni today and I'm driving up to VA for a meeting with Northam on Saturday. Apparently Northams wife is pushing him hard to go farther to the left and talk poo poo about Trump more :v:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

justice and development dems

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
"The people they hire to run campaigns either believe they have to run to the center or [oppose policy goals]."

lol yep that pretty much sums up the democratic leadership

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

GalacticAcid posted:

who are the justice dems

is that cenk's thing

cenk sucks

yep.

problem is that in this case they're right.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Venom Snake posted:

I am. Had a nice meeting with the head of my department at uni today and I'm driving up to VA for a meeting with Northam on Saturday. Apparently Northams wife is pushing him hard to go farther to the left and talk poo poo about Trump more :v:

thats cool. hes been talking poo poo about trump forever tho, it was basically his primary platform

he also voted twice for george w bush

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Shear Modulus posted:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Shear Modulus posted:

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Shear Modulus posted:

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

got any sevens posted:

so why bother spending in georgia?
:thunk:

know a good solution to end partisan bickering? if all repubs were dead

cant they do an initiative that undoes the previous one?

Nobody ever gives a poo poo about deficit reduction

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

love too oppose policy goals

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Venom Snake posted:

wow, is this a pro-royalist post????

shameful :colbert:

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Vox Nihili posted:

obama basically ran on gently caress YOUR IRAQ WAR and also HEY THE ECONOMY JUST COLLAPSED DUE TO THESE FUCKOS
You could literally also describe Ron Paul with that too.

I mean the fuckos he blamed was the Fed itself for allowing/perpetuating the habit the lenders had, but he still had fuckos to blame.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Vox Nihili posted:

obama basically ran on gently caress YOUR IRAQ WAR and also HEY THE ECONOMY JUST COLLAPSED DUE TO THESE FUCKOS

having a charismatic dude charm the gently caress out of ppl + being the exact opposite of the obviously failed status quo was pretty helpful, yeah.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Yes... Ha Ha Ha.... YES!

https://twitter.com/politico/status/877507938532937729

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

anime was right posted:

having a charismatic dude charm the gently caress out of ppl + being the exact opposite of the obviously failed status quo was pretty helpful, yeah.

hold on, what are the exact wrong lessons we could take from obama's wins and bernie's popularity?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Montasque posted:

Imagine spending $30+ million and getting less votes than a fake candidate that spent nothing.

lol how can she be crying about that spineless worm losing? she even has an "i believe in a living wage" button, when osof never promised that. she shouldve run herself

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
one would think that the fact that Obamacare repeal is really just a $800b tax cut for the wealthy would perhaps hint that Obamacare itself perhaps was a program to redistribute money from the wealthy to the poor?

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

he's about to get savaged by hillfolk and #resist as being a bernie stooge/russian plant

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

ex post facho posted:

hold on, what are the exact wrong lessons we could take from obama's wins and bernie's popularity?

That people give a poo poo about policy and aren't just voting for the person they like best on an instinctive level?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Venom Snake posted:

Would yall mind if I closed this thread and opened a new one with more concurrent information in the OP?

Go ahead and close this thread

and don't make a new one RIP Suck Zone

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

wait are they... learn... ing?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dems should run Rodney Stooksbury next time in GA6. He got more votes without spending any money, imagine what he can do with that $30m!

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

one would think that the fact that Obamacare repeal is really just a $800b tax cut for the wealthy would perhaps hint that Obamacare itself perhaps was a program to redistribute money from the wealthy to the poor?

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

docbeard posted:

That people give a poo poo about policy and aren't just voting for the person they like best on an instinctive level?

hmm good good, i think candidates that strongly reinforce the status quo and are already strongly disliked could also work, now pay me dccc

• Locked thread