Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

NecroMonster posted:

a lot of loving people are going to die everywhere because we let this poo poo bag, and the gop, win

To be fair 'a lot of loving people are going to die everywhere' is basically the description of post-WW2 US foreign policy. In that, Trump is possibly the first actual break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

SoggyBobcat posted:

Can't wait for the nuclear arms race between Iran and Saudi Arabia once Trump and the Republicans renegade on the nuclear deal.

poo poo is super hosed.

There is no race. The Saudi's will just call up Pakistan and have some shipped to their doorstep.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It's not just that. The Russian military and the anti-air assets they provided to Syria are no joke. It wouldn't have been like bombing Libya.

This is the entire thing. Someone should have looked at a map and said "Syria is the Russian's only Mediterranean port, they're not going to let Assad fall. Sorry for those dudes." Russia has strategic skin in the game, we don't.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
The financial crash was a no-poo poo point for both parties to decide whether they backed the people or banks/business. No one picked the people.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Harry Reid was the most ineffective Senate Majority Leader in living history

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
The EC is a positive if only for us not having 2000 Florida happen across the entire country in the event of a close popular vote

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
I just notes that if Trump really does pursue an anti-neoliberal economic policy, Bush really will have been the last Republican President

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Pick posted:

The TSA is also pretty clearly just a govt jobs program.

Its a jobs program for people not stupid enough to enlist

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
The greatest thing the right ever did was build the narrative that businesses are great and business owners are wonderful people and it was immigrants that stole your job, instead of it being given to them by that great, wonderful, virtuous business owner

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Hillary's 2008 and 2016 campaigns were run under the assumption that it was her's to lose and that sort of hubris doesn't play well with any voters, Democrat or Republican.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
The Democrats are quickly running out of states that aren't California/New York to find politicians that can bring together multiple disparate groups. They have to start turning this around now.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
You need a good base message to start with and the economy(re: getting hosed by the rich/whites/men) is something every one of the Democrat's base groups can relate to. From there you can easily tailor you message to specific groups but in the end the message is still the same.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Venom Snake posted:

Whats currently giving dems a chance in Texas is the cities + latino's. If you bled off even a few percentage points of the rural white vote by offering some Great Society stuff blue Texas isn't that hard to imagine. Same goes for Arizona. NV is safe blue going forward.

Long term it does go blue but there is still a sizable amount of Latino support for the GOP because of energy. It'd help if the Democrats had some sort of energy plan that wasn't "gently caress everything". If you really want to get on a voter's bad side try attacking their way of living.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
They'll offshore the jobs in 4 years anyways after everyone forgets and say its because of the unfriendly US business environment

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Some legacy if another guy can undo the majority of it in 100 days

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Not a Step posted:

I keep dreaming of a politician brave enough to come out and say that the best course of action in the Middle East is to let Israel twist in the wind. Or maybe supply the Palestinians against their oppressors, if you *have* to have an interventionist policy.

But it'll never happen so I just shrug my shoulders and say Israel bad, so what?

My ME dream is us telling the House of Saud and Israel to go gently caress themselves and let it consume them all.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

This is the same sort of coastal idiocy that insists on touching the gun control topic every time possible and then wonders why their purple state Senators get voted out

Serf posted:

I kinda hate that ever since Clinton, Democrats have gotten onboard with the anti-nuclear power thing.

Its not just that, its their complete and utter hatred of the coal/oil/gas industry. Look, I get it, the companies are hilariously evil but they keep a whole bunch of people employed with good jobs(you know, a thing we're not exactly making a ton of lately) so maybe try not villainizing literally everyone from CEO to roughneck/miner.

Proud Christian Mom has issued a correction as of 20:36 on Dec 5, 2016

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
No you see if a job creator's investment portfolio drops 10% he's going to have to make up that lost worth somehow because that 3rd vacation home doesn't pay for itself!

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
You can't outright blame the rich and get very far because ultimately people want to be rich and by saying rich people are poo poo you're telling a bunch of people that their dream is to be a shithead. You can however blame banks because you're not specifically blaming a person and pretty much everyone can think of one lovely experience with a bank, even moreso with full frontal fuckery like Wells Fargo going on.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

comingafteryouall posted:

we should replace banks with a mattresses for all program that gives all Americans a comfy place to sleep and store their money at the same time. maximum efficiency!

Considering most Americans don't have money to store, I don't think we should really worry about that.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

comingafteryouall posted:

they will after they all get jobs in the new mattress factories :getin:

i can buy a million mattresses today off Alibaba THANKS FREE TRADE!

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

GlyphGryph posted:

I dunno, classifying those people as poor because they aren't capable of accruing wealth despite having every possible advantage seems like a win/win since they'd probably hate it. And accidentally pulling a few "wealthy" people into the financially struggling bracket is better than accidentally putting a large number of struggling people into the "wealthy" bracket?

Also, I have trouble believing any of those people are failing to accrue significant net wealth each year, but if they are making that much money and still somehow manage not to have any, well, at least they're probably contributing to paying people who need it with all that cash their throwing around so I can't complain too much.

They're a statistically irrelevant group I would imagine but they are definitely out there. fwiw the only people I know that fit this are people that came from upper middle-class backgrounds that are bankrupting themselves to live their parents lifestyle of country clubs and vacations on incomes that don't come near what their parents make or work in the energy sector and set a personal budget based on $100/bbl oil. Either way, its fun to watch.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
lotta people itt who don't understand the struggle it is to send 4 kids to private school and buy new luxury vehicles every 2 years

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

LinYutang posted:

high earner not yet able to comfortably afford two summer homes in maine and put my five nanny-raised children in the prepschool-ivyleague pipeline

This is the sort of educational braindrain that will doom America, I tell you!

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Her run as HP CEO in a nutshell

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Bushiz posted:

Born-again white protestantism(slash prosperity gospel) is essentially a death cult dolled up with jesus in a reagan mask, and is essentially a lost cause. The black and latinx churches(slash liberation theology) do a bunch of legitimately excellent could be our greatest allies if we figure out how to deprogram the lgbt-phobia from them.

Yeah this. I'm fine with whatever people want to do on Sunday mornings right up until they try turning it into a loving political platform.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Karl Barks posted:

maybe he should have run in 2016?

he absolutely should have and I understand completely why he didn't but now I can't imagine what he feels knowing that he could have moonwalked all over Trump

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

quote:

The mayor has expressed support for school diversity, but he also has said the city must respect parents’ real-estate investment

Good to know NY liberals are just as useless as California and Austin ones. Progressive right until it affects their property value.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Tiny Deer posted:

Civil rights and economic improvement go so well together that I wonder if I'm the idiot for not fully understanding why they keep being presented as incompatible or somehow in competition.

I mean I know it must be serving some agenda, for somebody, but why do other people accept it?

Economic improvement for anyone other than the 1% goes against the wishes of a vast majority of the Democratic leadership which is practically GOP-lite on economic views.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Popular past Presidents are great but lets remember that both Bill and Barack couldn't drag Hillary across the finish line.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
I would think the better course of action would to say that people shouldn't be starving in the streets regardless of what they do

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
The robots declaring war on us will solve most of these issues

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Obama is pushing Perez because its maybe the only thing he will have done in 8 years that survives into June 2017.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
We're talking about a bunch of people who's first plan was to reheat 2008's leftovers in the microwave and try telling everyone it was even better this time around.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Prav posted:

you have to be up high to look down your nose at people

yes but she does it lovingly like your abuela

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

half a billion, down the wall street toilet :cripes:

dont forget the 700 or so ads run in the hyper-competitive Los Angeles market

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

bump_fn posted:

say what you will about hillary but she sure isn't going to be president lmao

Hillary 2020! She won't take no for an answer!

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

infant and child mortality is sky loving high in flyovers and a lot of southerners/poor whites have had a baby die or a close family member that had a baby die, and they do not understand how somebody could willingly do that

the ultimate irony is that these are also the people to be negatively affected by a Trump presidency the most.

the amount of buyer's remorse we're going to get to watch over the next 4 years will be amazing

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Because its pretty loving hard to care about anyone elses poo poo when you're 1 missed paycheck away from living in the streets. This is a feeling a whole bunch of people can relate to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Democrats don't need the votes of cheering bigots, but they do need to stop pretending that they haven't been deep-dicking working people for a long time and maybe remember the things the party of labor once represented.

• Locked thread