Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Oh Snapple! posted:

because boy is that a bad tweet

bad? na...

it's atrociously garbage.

The media seems like its going to be a hurdle still, why wouldn't it? It's moneyed and its pocketed. Very Unfair! :smugdon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Venom Snake posted:

Ill put it up

If you can separate it from your main op with a divider and some bullet points and additional links, that'd be really good! Eventually, naturally.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

GlyphGryph posted:

If the next step this thread could do is make decisions like this and agree on them, I could start pushing them along with the list on social media so people know what to say.

That actually sounds pretty good to me but I've got no idea how this works. (Despite Dean being establishment in many ways, he also got hosed over by the establishment and got to see them turn his victory to mud, and I actually believe he's very capable, so I wouldn't want him in charge but i support seeing him involved if he wants in)

He also has connections which means funding, like it or not, that money is a necessity to keep a newer progressive DNC chugging along.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Oh Snapple! posted:

Thing is, I don't think fundraising is going to be a problem considering the primary face of the opposition is Donald Trump..

I would much prefer grassroot money than big bank for sure, but is it viably competitive? Maybe it's really the media collusion that put him at a disadvantage, but Bernie seemed to certainly do that when he was able to raise quite a lot of money during the primaries as an example (this is not primary chat)

Like that was an obvious sign, especially when he outraised Clinton in small donors. It certainly is possible moving forward, but I'm not sure if its surefire, he was really frugal with the money too.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Corny posted:

This is from a post-concession email that Jason Kander sent out:

and here is his actual concession speech: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJWwN-B0Wzg

I figured it might do everyone some good to see this.

Kander owns. :unsmith: He's a real contender, that one.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

A Winner is Jew posted:

hello everyone that was right and i was 100% wrong in ignoring / arguing with / belittling / being an rear end in a top hat to / and being an all around rear end clown that deserves to be gently caress barreled for the rest of my life for my actions

spent the last few days processing everything and saw that i missed the "donate to rainn and dont' get toxxed" thread but i donated $50 anyway

:banme: since i toxxed for a looser and will take my ban like the looser that backed a looser

i've already joined sanders in calling for the election of ellison

i've sent in info to ourrevolution about getting involved in stopping trump in any way i can (if that's not a legit site then by all means direct me the gently caress to the right one)

already contacted my local reps in saying they will lose my vote if they don't vote for ellison

i'll probably re-reg in a bit under a different name after the dust settles and i can fully process just how loving wrong my world view has been for the second time in my life (the first going from a piece of poo poo republican raised in orange county to a piece of poo poo third way democrat) but for now i'll be keeping up on this thread since it's been like shock treatment for being so loving wrong and holy poo poo i need that

by all means enjoy the schadenfreude that me coming back here and posting since i loving deserve every bit of it and have at me

no really, any vitriol posted in a reply to this post shouldn't be met with a 6er from the mods or iks since i deserve every bit of it for being such an all around piece of poo poo for the last several months to pretty much every single one of you in this thread

yours in full communism now - a piece of poo poo jew

Welcome back! :toot:

That won't be necessary, the dust will settle and C-SPAM will have a new direction. The primaries were really heated and just lovely in general, so stick around when it gets formalized!

Salt is going to be probated across any aisle regardless, so don't fret and its good that you denounce your hubris because its better to be chill imo. Iit seems that the general consensus so far for C-SPAM is that we want to keep things casual and chill for politics and world events/other news, and not like D&D where it has flamewars and calling people out for racism/sexism etc with really lovely and obvious concern trolls. Basically beerchat is one idea~

Just stick around and wait for the new rules/guidelines but so far the regular c-spammers are back and they're still posting like the last few months, you can find them over in the Our Long National Nightmare thread which is the new old trump megathread, for such examples.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

DaveWoo posted:

Oh, okay, maybe he just worded his original tweet badly and-

https://twitter.com/jonathanweisman/status/797177951733317632

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

take th' marbles oot of yer mouth, weisman ya gobshite

Thoguh posted:

People like A Winner is Jew, Zoux, Al!, and the mods who enabled them were insufferable assholes who chased out every non-terrible poster in this forum (also protip: if a D&D poster says somebody is a good poster that actually means they are a terrible poster). I'm proud of him for owning up to it but don't encourage him to start back up again.

Free Matey.

I certainly don't want to promote hugboxes or an echo chamber as long as the posting is constructive, we're well past the wild-west days and the dust is settling. Just let it go, fam. I was around during those bad days too but this doesn't really help because different opinions is a good thing imo as long as it's still constructive and casual obviously.

Just wait for the new rules, its getting formalized. Most people I've probated in this thread so far were for primary chat, racebaiting and flaming, honestly. It wasn't that your opinion was bad. hth~

Lastgirl has issued a correction as of 22:14 on Nov 11, 2016

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

bump_fn posted:

the fact that ppl are not hugboxing in here and are taking this poo poo seriously is really cool and good

unlike trump

its good and cool, and i hope its conciliatory enough, previous IKs did some damage unfortunately by being really biased and cheerleading for certain candidates. I just probate really dumb and bad posts, not opinions, at least I try to make sure its just that.

The mods are really great though and C-SPAM is going to stabilize and find an identity soon enough as the dust settles and people get bored of gloating/despairing. Credit really goes to you guys have been really good at keeping it this way honestly, especially with the trump thread in the last few months as a strong identifier of a subculture and a reason to keep C-SPAM around. Casual beerdiscussion is good and cool. Ed Balls to you~

Even if I weren't IQ I'd just keep posting here because I love it.

RasperFat posted:

Holy poo poo you are missing the point so hard. I've said that Hillary was a pragmatic leader that oils get things done. Her work in law and politics to help children and family is commendable.

The establishment support across the board was like 60% of the reason the did well at all. They cleared the field for her and just tag teamed pissing in Bernie and progressive capitalism.

I never said she didn't fight she good fights. This problem with Hillary was her spread of support. Across Ds she probably had around 10% strong support, 15% weak support, 10% neutral, 20% dislike, and like 40% seething god drat hatred. Then go shift all those numbers an extra 10% towards hatred and you've got the Republicans attitude towards her.

But tell me again how much your dread abuela crushed Bernie in the primaries. Why did she crush it so hard? Could it be he massive war chest funded by Wall St and the Military Industrial Complex, unprecedented primary support from the DNC, and the media repeating 10,000 times last year that Hillary is the next choice, her momentum is unstoppable.

All of this support and she had to spend serious effort to fight off Maple Grandpa? That should have been setting off massive alarms but no it couldn't possibly have been that the establishment forced a lovely candidate down our throats. The people like her better! Except when she lost in polling against Rs so hard when Bernie destroyed them. We ignored that data why? Because Bernie would tank in the general? Bullshit and this way of thinking is why we had such a milquetoast centrist candidate that fired up nobody who didn't vote already, and depressed the vote of many that do.

And this is exactly why we don't do Primary Chat

Final warning.

Lastgirl has issued a correction as of 22:26 on Nov 11, 2016

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Shinjobi posted:

Slam dunk this ellison dude right into the goddamn seat and I will poo poo 💩 directly onto MOM and Howard Dean's flipping foreheads.

:bern101:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Sojenus posted:

The right way to protest has always been quietly away out of sight and out of mind instead of, oh gosh, interfering with the system you're protesting, thank you very much.

u have to work with us :qq:

is literally what the insiders said to Bernie's progressive platform

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Well What Now posted:

My answer to this is:

Well we tried it your way and look what happened. Now if you want to help us do it our way, fine. If not, gently caress you and get out of our way.

Centrists don't have any values, they just like empty platitudes.

It's real bad. So the whole "We have to work together" is really a crock of poo poo because they just want you to shut up and sideline you, as evidenced by the DNC this entire journey~

It's so flagrantly and astoundingly obvious and it needs a real change.

*taps mic*

Keith Ellison

you heard it here.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

RENEGADE CUCKSKY posted:

can someone quote the 5,000+ fishmech posts doing this, but with every single thing related to sanders

tia

Yeahhhh...... no.

Fishmech is always going to fishmech, just close your eyes fam. He's a hologram now.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

A Winner is Jew posted:

lazy, complacent, and after ratings

also, threads opinion on chris hayes? he seems like he did fair reporting through the election and is calling the third-way people out now

hes dece

David Fahrenthold also needs credit for calling Trump on his bullshit, especially with charity and his excess greed. He's been pretty good at calling out that Trump is in banker pockets but no 1 curr

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

cams posted:

https://twitter.com/simongerman600/status/797245073197060096

start allocating electoral college votes by % contributed to gdp. let the free markets decide.

now that's a good chart

look at all that wealth going to those areas~

clinton don fvcked up now!!!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

resar posted:

The dems don't just need a mesage, they need to actually follow though. Obama had a message of hope, change, and getting the American economy working again. At the end of his 8 years the American working class still hasn't recovered from the recession and the best they have to show for electing him is a lovely insurance plan.

GOP Obstructionism is real, and its not my friend.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

bump_fn posted:

people are very angry and upset about what happened so this is gonna happen and people should try to breathe deep and calm down

everyone here wants the same thing, which is for progressive politics to be the loudly shouted goal of the democratic party

pretty much this, once the dust settles it will get better

just don't start plotting assassinations or anything grievously egregious in here, thats all

its fine to be angry, i get it. I went off early in discord but yea don't start threatening people and calling for blood unironically. I'm not fond of probating if this happens unless you're a total dickbag, don't make me do it :qq:

Powercrazy, watch the racism chat if you're going to be inflammatory about it, thanks in advance.

We should call for political capital instead, starting obviously with progressive control of the dnc as the left wanted when DWS kept shooting them down

By the way if you guys are feeling really stressed out and need some decompression, C-SPAM Nite Crew has been playing music and movies for the past two weeks at night, so if you want to find out more about that, check the National Nightmare thread, I'll be posting some information about it pretty shortly. I really recommend it if you need to take the edge off, we're gonna be playing good movies. I don't want to derail too much here while there's some discussion.

Keep it chill, namaste, :beerpal:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Cyron posted:

i am drinking mint green tea and playing wow, maybe this weekend i may visit a friend just to talk, her goal is to be a sober person trying to help people get over this eather by talking massages or other new agey stuff, it may be bs but it worth trying in dark times. sitting alone drunk and sad is not good for anyone.

Yea that's kind of why we have this space to chill out, a lot of c-spammers come and go, we also tuned in for the elections, had like 300+ people, it was crazy. Anyone's free to come, even day crew~

More info about it right here!

Definitely a good idea to keep from getting too heated, but still channel that fkn anger into legitimate action as people discussed earlier!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Shinjobi posted:

I don't want Trump to crack down on the press.

I want ratings to loving plummet for 24/7 news networks. Their reaction to the loss is just making me angrier.

Truth.

MSM is just as much as to blame, to even goad into a horse race narrative too, playing with fire all the time.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

You can say all you like about how a particular issue doesn't resonate with the "average voter," but the average voter didn't decide this election. A minority of people who didn't turn out did. PEOPLE WHO DIDN'T VOTE DECIDED THE ELECTION.

nice meltdown

besides, hillary had some pretty high unfavorables, as well as trump. people were reluctant about this election

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Fidel Castronaut posted:

I remember when there was this little voice in my head that said "Remember Kerry? You can't win based purely on fear of the other guy!" But then the louder voice in my head said "But this is different because it's Trump and he is far scarier than Bush was."

But then an even louder voice in my head said "LOL ED BALLS NOTHING MATTERS DEATH IS CERTAIN LOL BUSTIN MAKES ME FEEL GOOD" and that was the voice I listened to.

I have regrets.

smh

i have no regrets because ultimately it is out of your control, collectively and objectively

you go to the ballot, punch in the ticket, and there you go. The rest is up to fate, inshallah~

Death is always certain, your knees bucklin from all the milk already? Aw shut yer yap and 'ave a 'arder bevvy fam :q:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Yes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLPOotPu_RE

The most important thing here, as with all things, is decorum.

this made me mad when i saw that in feb too

the people criticizing it in the comments, same thing i've heard before "their execution was not good, they should air their grievances more politely at another time durr durr"

well then if not now, then when? this is exactly the same logic as to why the establishment controls the dnc apparatus, so they can cherrypick and handwave it.

Pomp posted:

Yep. Meanwhile when the same thing happened to Bernie he stepped aside and heard them out, and white people acted like just because he's a democrat BLM was crossing lines not trusting him

He's still an independent who ran as a democrat, and he was castigated constantly for it from the elites, so they spun it any way they could. Nature of this kind of politics, which is a blight atm

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Just think of how much we missed out on all the Deplorables calling Bernie a cuck because he let black women take the podium.

There's a subforum right over there outside these thread walls that had plenty of chances, especially in the old bernie thread~

and

Baloogan posted:

I'm actually sure that 1-2 of my probations were literally for calling bernie a cuck for that moment

You definitely did. The optics ghost was not safe for Bernie.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I have, but the general public hadn't.

Hillary saying "you're the first person who's ever asked me that" about calling black men superpredators, really drove home just how much she was insulated from general discontent. I know why the media never brought it up, because they thought it didn't matter. Well...

It's fitting how we were all going on and on about how "nothing mattered" because we couldn't stump the Trump, only to end up having everything matter.

The media really has a lot to do with the nothing matters mantra.

It's really a c-spam staple of ironic nihilism and at this point it might as well affect the whole subforum, not just that 10k page of Trumpthread embracing it being shitfaced at 1 am every night prior to the election spamming Ed Balls.

It really doesn't matter...until it actually starts mattering and your MSM spins so hard that it comes right back to the original narrative.

Also the whole notion of living past a post-fact society to propagate "nothing matters" is really due to the fact that social media is an echo chamber that really does well to white noise and obfuscate the issues and actual facts, a lot of people were blindsided by election results because they just tweeted out polls in live time, self-assured from their group of followers.

For things to actually matter again, there needs to be a more hardlined objective approach and I find that hard to see at this point where social media and the MSM is permeating the very fabric of it, interchangeably in a noise machine feedback.

It's actually my main concern going forward if you're going to pick a more progressive candidate for the DNC chair and 2018, 2020 when most people are engaged in really dumb twitter wars well enough to stick their heads in the sand. I'd hate for them to not learn from this very mistake, especially since the media is so garbage at this. "Unfair" to Trump, but actually :ironicat: unfair to Bernie or HIllary.

It's really hard to see how journalistic integrity will be intact when they are now just competing for traffic and clicks :capitalism: so they make terrible, misleading articles and staggeringly dumb headlines. Like how the hell are you going to address important issues directly if it isn't broken up into lovely listicles or what the gently caress ever.

Example of such garbage: https://twitter.com/jonathanweisman/status/797120114042793984

Lastgirl has issued a correction as of 09:38 on Nov 12, 2016

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I got poo poo on in the Hillary thread for saying how bad it looked when they covered up her sickness, instead of trusting the American public with the knowledge that she was a bit under the weather. All I got were a bunch of excuses about why they can't trust the public because she's managing her image, but having such a thoroughly managed image which is shattered by the reality of fainting on 9/11 was part of the whole problem!

To be fair the truth is in the middle on that. Seeing that she comes from second wave feminism, it's pretty understandable that she has to project an image and is secretive about health concerns, because it was kind of absurd and if anyone smells blood, they'll just go berserk. Clinton definitely has faced flak out of sexist motivation for decades, so it was kind of unfair to put that on her.

What was irresponsible about this more really, on a larger scale is picking her as the nominee for these flaws and baggage with scandals, and having to carry that as part of the pressure because of her hubris, and perceived powerlust that's the bigger problem. So as much as I can relate with compassion on the sexism, her opponents certainly do not give a gently caress and that resulted in letting people down.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Phobophilia posted:

i think it was mostly fine for bernie, only people who are deep into being pieces of poo poo would psyche themselves up with those photoshops of bernie bowing in the back of an interracial porn shoot

lol

yea that just goes to show that it was just an echo chamber for a bunch of fat bored alt-right males circlejerking over it while the rurals are outside trying to survive. It wouldn't have mattered because bernie would've said

you rurals, the poors are losing jobs and I will bring it back but make the wealthy pay for your fair share, I think that was already a staggeringly clear message.

It could not have been any more freaking crystal clear

it was like the next logical step after Obama, but Clinton just had to wedge herself in because she powerhungry and #ItsHerTurn

Lastgirl has issued a correction as of 22:24 on Nov 12, 2016

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Jaminjami posted:

💪💪💪

so much :ironicat:

ed:it balls

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

ThndrShk2k posted:

I call this: Woke 2 :ssj:

:eyepop:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Harry Reid endorses Keith Ellison? :vince:

:bernin:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

iospace posted:

So we shouldn't try to convince other people to see it our way? Is that it?

You have to realize that yes, we need to listen to the people down low, but completely ignoring the people who have experience is also a losing proposition.

e: It's why I'm saying we should bring back Howard Dean into some sort of strategy role. He orchestrated 2006 and 2008, then stepped down.

I could do with this because funding~

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Zikan posted:

you could have dean as a cochair

*sucks air through teeth*

well ill be leaving this thread for a while

[puts on hazmat suit and seals you all in within the reactor] :unsmigghh:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

bump_fn posted:

i'm talking about people who have been in politics and know how the sausage gets made but care and want the dems to move in the correct direction.

:hai:

the reality of the situation is

you need some political connections and political capital to grease the axle

so some of those neolibs, you can knee cap them but make sure the money flows until there's complete assimilation and independence that the progressives actually seize that connection and political capital to be legitimate enough for people to flock to THEM.

why else is schumer endorsing? dude is trying to hide when heads roll

and reid dgaf now :allears:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Unprincipled fucks are bad at the head of things but directing their schmoozing to work for good causes is better than burning everything down with the new movement or whatever trying to get on its feet. It won't be as ideologically pure but it's important to hit the ground running with existing resources to get early victories and legitimatize the new direction.

This.

bing bong bing

SO SIMPLE

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Kithkar posted:

It made him look stupid.

actually the dean scream owned :o:

my controversial opinion

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

crazy cloud posted:

no yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh
no yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh

ur the yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I loved it back in the day. Such energy was really refreshing with mumbles Bush and lich Cheney. And then Kerry...

"Ima kick in the door of the oval office, n Ima chop that mothafuckin desk in half. BEYAAAAAAAAAAAH."

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

VOTE YES ON 69 posted:

it's cause the scream was unexpectedly high pitched and then the media

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Mr. Jive posted:

Uh, like Trump's political connections and political capital?

Christ it hasn't even been a week and y'all are retreating back into the echo chamber.

This is not the best way to frame your outburst imo

because you know

he WON with exactly just that hth~ :ocelot::grin:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Mr. Jive posted:

Aaaand now we're back to discussing how to co-opt neoliberalism as an means of advancing progressive causes under the radar of the establishment. For gently caress's sake.

You missed the whole debate where we said the progressives should be in charge and you carpetbag the neolibs's political capital and money first before abandoning them altogether

Completely different mechanization here

Calm down :chloe:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Mr. Jive posted:

Yeah sorry, I guess I am kind of flipping my lid. It's just that all this talk about figuring out how to get our hands on that sweet sweet DNC schmoozing machinery smells a lot like the Clintonite strategy of co-opting the system, which failed in a spectacular way.

It's uncertain times for sure, I understand.

I sure as hell don't want to see the same pattern doomed to be repeated.

I feel like Clinton coopted like a minority just for the sake of appeasement, so it was really platitudes, because Clintonites were still in control of the apparatus.

I'd like to be more positive that the progressives have a much stronger shot nowadays because you know...

They're not living in a bubble and probably actually reach out to their constituents regardless of party affiliation due to social status. Poverty is poverty. Something Clinton definitely handwaved for social issues, (which are legitimate, but this election clearly showed that people voted in their self interest over the economic issues, if only there was some way to solve both at once!)

I mean, Harry Reid and Schumer are endorsing Ellison, its a very good sign. I'm like really positive people will loving draw blood and go ripshit pissed if Ellison isn't chair.

Definitely make your voice heard for his case too.

Lastgirl has issued a correction as of 18:53 on Nov 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

BeefThief posted:

we r all gunna die

:q:

• Locked thread