Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Doorknob Slobber posted:

I'm not a white middle class democrat and I think its fair told hold Trump and anyone who voted for him responsible for any racist poo poo going down right now. Even if they aren't racists themselves they supported a candidate who's rhetoric was not only racist, but encouraged acts of violence against minorities.

Also I am going to be a democrat in the future and I'm going to attach myself to everything democrat I can get near like a disgusting loving leech and call out anyone who thinks even just a little bit of racism is ok with the most vulgar nonsense imaginable. Thank Trump for that too.

THIS. IS. WHY. WE. HAVE. TRUMP. AS. PRESIDENT. ELECT. RIGHT. NOW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Larry Parrish posted:

Also, despite being a Hispanic living in an area where typically, Mexicans are seen as outsiders seeking to destabilize the agricultural work, I'm not actually afraid of my fellow man because I'm not a retarded racist liberal who has been led to believe by Twitter that fearing others is natural

my dude :respek:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Venom Snake posted:

If this is the attitude everyone on the left takes we are 100% hosed. Educate them. Make them need you. They are desperate for an answer right now.

You just said you're ok with another Clinton being a +1 D in the house and she's married to a GS finance bro.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Princess Di posted:

When you and your people get disrespected and even shot by police on a regular basis, discussing racism is not a theoretical problem. It's a very real issue that needs attention too.

We have to deal with poverty across the board. We also have to allow our citizens to live in a safe environment as full citizens.

The first step here is admitting to yourself that not all southerners are racists. I'm from Long Island, its racist as gently caress there. Its racist as gently caress here in NYC.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

DaveWoo posted:

Why, because she said a mildly polite thing about Dean and put out a statement saying she was willing to work with Trump if he wanted to achieve progressive goals (spoiler alert: this will not happen)?

I mean, geez, the neo-libs won't even need to make an effort to keep their hold on the party at the rate you guys are kneecapping yourselves.

Dean deserves ZERO politeness. ZERO.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

tadashi posted:

People hated Hillary so much that she swept the Southern states and crushed Bernie in Pennsylvania.

At some point, people are going to have to accept that plenty of Democratic voters didn't hate Hillary and some even loved her. The Clintons helped save John Lewis' seat in the insurrection by anti-LGBT black candidates in the 1992 primary in Atlanta and it's a big reason she has so many supporters here.

:lol:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

"Boy howdy, that Hillary, she did so well in a primary she helped rig in her favor with people who love her! Look at all those southern states she won and then lost in the GE while not paying attention to states she lost in the primaries. God I love her!" -an idiot

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Fast Luck posted:

Well, she did win PA, FL, OH in the primary, which are crucial swing states (that she then went on to lose)

I don't think the response to this is that she won the bad states in the primary. The response is that she pulled the already reliable Democratic voters without bringing in any new blood. She was poison to independents, young people, and rural voters. And we knew that and people argued it didn't matter, just like they argued it didn't matter she was under federal investigation. We (not necessarily the posters here, but the dem primary voters) got hoodwinked and lied to

"Won"

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

I don't know what I can do but goddammit I'm going to try my hardest to try to help Ellison get the hen.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Zoran posted:

Remember that time some Hillbot blew up at everyone in the Bernie thread because they were making fun of MOMS

:allears:

GODDAMN SEXIST BERNOUTS!!!!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Powercrazy posted:

Holy poo poo. I just got hypertension.

ITS STILL HER TURN! ITS STILL HER TURN! I repeat as I slowly turn into a corncob.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Zikan posted:

reminder that the cwa is one of the most militant unions in the country in that they actually loving hold strikes

I remeber when Bernman spoke to the Verizon strikers, it was awesome.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Princess Di posted:

Omg.

No not all Clinton voters loved Hamilton and what's wrong with memeing Clinton when Bernie memes reigned supreme on the Internet as did Trump memes.

Stop taking this as an opportunity to string up Clinton supporters. After all they are the ones who did not vote for the orange cheeto idiocracy president.

Yeah sorry but in the pecking order of memes it was

Bernie
Trump

Jebuela

Even her memes were low energy!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Hamilton was fine for what it was: an entertaining broadway play with a few good songs (sorry but Look Around and most of the Schuyler sisters stuff was great) but :lol: at anyone who tried to use it as more than that.

Boy howdy I really understand the French Revolution after seeing Le Mis!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

So are we just calling the reform movement Bernouts or what? Because it looks like it's kicking into gear.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/bernie-sanders-empire-strikes-back-231259

B-Party?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

https://twitter.com/breakingpol/status/797515757068447745

https://youtu.be/X7XbukdoGmM

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Jaminjami posted:

"The campaign raised $972 million, "of which 56 percent was generated by the people on this call."

gently caress me

:lol: but also :cry:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

E: nm

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Bass Bottles posted:

I feel like, no matter what happens, there will always be people at the end of everything saying "I knew it all along! How could you not have seen the obvious?"

Like, maybe it's true, but demonizing people isn't really helpful??? Idk. I find it hard to believe that HRC didn't do everything she thought necessary to win. But I also agree that she and her methods need to be completely wiped aside and the Bernie faction needs to give their thing a shot.

:ironicat:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Burlington is a really cool and good city. I lived there for 5 years and loved every one of them.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Venom Snake posted:

Vermont is okay. To cold for my tastes. Love the syrup though.

It's bad. Maple Syrup not from the supermarket sucks rear end. The beer and cheese in VT tho, heaven.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Fulchrum posted:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38008954

Here, laugh at a woman feeling the pain of a dream she has worked towards her whole life die, if you must.

ok

*stares at reports that her lovely staff ignored please from the rustbelt for GOTV help and money*

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

theflyingexecutive posted:

Statement: "Hillary supported censoring video games"
Response: "no, just age restrictions"
Some manchild lurker: "here's a great Wikipedia link to show how comics were censored by a government that existed when Hillary Clinton was negative 33 years old. Hope this helps guys I'm glad my barely-literate rear end was able to punch "government censorship of comic books" into google so I could paste the link here, where nothing I'm saying has any relevance to the conversation but I get to pretend I'm participating by regurgitating information from the compendium of useless facts I possess, garnered from a proud history of hiding spider man comics behind my civics textbooks for my entire education. You're. Welcome."

Sir, this is a Wendy's drive through.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Do we have an actblue group? Just got the call to donate from the Bernman and I want to do what I can right now before I go visit relatives in Kentucky and try to keep my wife from yelling "RACIST" at them (although if they're being racist I'll yell with her).

Otherwise I'll just mash the donate button and get more involved after the new year.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

People talked about the working families party

WFP are great and I voted for Shillary/Schumer under them and not the dems in NY with our weird fusion system.

Felt like a nice way to give the dems the finger.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

I almost replied to the Hillpeople in D&D and my browser crashed. That was a close one.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

GlyphGryph posted:

why do you post dumb stuff like this

"Carrier of the Debbie Wasserman Schultz torch"

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

HorseRenoir posted:

A debate would only be a plus for Keith Ellison, Perez is a wet towel with zero charisma and Keith is actually good at getting crowds excited

welp, guess we know who's going to win.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Phi230 posted:

Are there any politics RPGs

Papers Please?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Thoguh posted:

Also in non drunkposting news I assume that the mods get more complaints from Bernie posters but that's probably because Trumpers don't really post in here and a lot of the Hillary supporters have remained insufferable but this is a D&D subforum so for whatever reason being a smug shithead is encouraged and rewarded.

Wait so they're encouraging and rewarding Hillpeople?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

fits my needs posted:

No I think he meant the Bernie people

Your honor, I submit exhibit A.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

punk rebel ecks posted:

Speaking of Jill Stein, why do so many people have such dislike for her? Especially since the election is over?

Anti vax pandering moron.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Tatum Girlparts posted:

his entire thing is that he's a charismatic guy who puts a pleasant face on his centrist bullshit. Do people in this thread even know who they're mad at or what

Game recognize game.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

https://twitter.com/MJB_SF/status/817864861862526976

:barf:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

I'm still gagging from that tweet I posted. Can I get a Bernie kiss gif please.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Rude af baloogs

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Majorian posted:

Your family and friends are pretty questionable if they voted for Trump hate to tell ya.

Hey, hi, this post is questionable and you're kind of a giant shitlord for making it.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

I think I've defriended more people on FB posting YASSS QWEEN about Meryl Streep than I ever did during the election when people were posting terrible Trump stuff. Jesus, make it stop.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

logikv9 posted:

there's an unsubscribe button yo

But more and more people keep posting it from different sources. I dont think FB has mute :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

ty

• Locked thread