Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Omg just run a loving Maoist third worlder at this point just throw poo poo at the wall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Respectability politics doesn't even make sense!!!!

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Democrats should be winning by 10% margins but they just keep losing hahahaha

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

They should just rotate Bernie through house seats in order to win something

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

consumed by normies posted:

dems stabbed in the back by the Panera Bread Houses of America

loving see!!!! They should have just run an actual Maoist!!!!!! At least Ezra loving Klein would be in a work camp and not burning millions on whatever the gently caress Ezra Klein buys with his dumb poo poo explainer money

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

My running theory is they gave ossof poo poo tons of money because he's a kind of attractive young white guy

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Man Tom Perez was a great pick, really nailing it with these elections so far

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

consumed by normies posted:

doubt the dems in current form could even beat a pee tape released trump

It Will Only Make Him Stronger

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

republicans never actually look into whether their policies will work, they just pass poo poo and win. just loving do single payer who cares if it doesn't work good lord

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

democrats are screwing up weed legalization in MA god i hate this party so much

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

loquacius posted:

what, did they do something else recently or is this just a general observation (because yeah they are, gently caress old people)

they're moving the power to ban marijauna sales from a community from the voters to the adlermans (think city council), they've upped the tax from 12% to 28%, and they're trying to classify the different kinds of weed (edibles, oils, plant) as different drugs

plus a bunch of other poo poo

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

here this goes into it: https://digboston.com/omnibust-on-ridiculousness-rancor-and-the-vulnerable-mass-cannabis-law/

other bad thing is they want to force marijuana sales to go through tobacco shops

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

u guys ever think about how much money is in off shore accounts.... i bet it's a lot

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Main Paineframe posted:

its illegal to raise taxes in California

it's basically the one state where a legislator can say "but it's expensive :qq:" without necessarily being a shitlord

do it anyway and make it go through the courts

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

it's illegal to ban abortion but here we are

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

it's been fun watching weigel become explicitly partisan

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/877574263196307457

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

docbeard posted:

Look just flip the switch that says "TAXES" from "NO" TO "YES" how is this difficult #bingbongsosimple #lawsareascam #nothingisactuallycomplicated

this but unironically

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

there is something so lame about "the resistance" like some hunger games hollywood bullshit

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

obama brought in a bunch of new voters using leftist rhetoric so i dunno, it does work

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

i mean he didn't follow through on any of that, which is probably why dems got toasted in 2010

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

i just want to reiterate that cc posts with an air of authority but he's gotten every major political thing wrong for a while now

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Al! posted:

lf saw thru that hope and change bs from teh beginning lol

LF would have won

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

i also sort of believe the policies don't matter as much as who is running and the operational competency. that's why it seems weird to me that people say we have to support centrist policies in order to win. i think it's just because thats their prefered policy, they just mask it in that language

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

seriously: obama's main campaign theme was healing the divisions of Bush's incompetency

e: healing the divisions, not addressing the actual problems!

i don't remember him really every using that language but okay

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

hmm when i think about the obama 2008 campaign i think about how he used the words healing and division all the time

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

also the 2012 campaign was arguably won in the mid west by pushing the auto bailouts. those companies were basically nationalized and they used that poo poo in the ads

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Zhulik posted:

Also, kind of hosed up that the overall primary turnout dropped by 45% between 2008 and 2016. What happened there?

bush was really really really bad

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

lol this is so disingenuous, the main themes of the campaign were change, hope, and fixing the economy and you know it

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

i don't even think obama did a good job, btu at least they had the sense to use the auto bailouts in their campaign

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

ThndrShk2k posted:

Are we finally getting to the point where we have disingenuous salt throws again?

:getin:

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Vox Nihili posted:

heres a very early obama stump speech if you want to hear what he actually says (for 2008)

https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/politics/1194817112475/obama-s-pennsylvania-stump-speech.html

daamn watch this poo poo, haha what happened to you obama

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Al! posted:

hope, change, and the installation of a worldwide caliphate

barack HUSSEIN obama

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

i'd love for the solution to be as easy as "run as leftist, win", but I'm doubtful that that's the case

that is the case

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Venom Snake posted:

Would yall mind if I closed this thread and opened a new one with more concurrent information in the OP?

what if we just closed it and didn't open a new one

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

as evidenced by how bernie sanders drove youth turnout during the primary just like corbyn did

evidence doesn't matter anymore dude

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

nothing matters do people not get this yet

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

the evidence proved corbyn was going to get trounced and the opposite happened lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Concerned Citizen posted:

Oh Snapple: A Bernie candidate would have won GA-6. But Bernie had no chance in Georgia, it's in the south after all.

Ah He Has Defeated You With Logic

• Locked thread