Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What should I post in the anime thread?
This poll is closed.
food 14 10.37%
cat 28 20.74%
selfies 22 16.30%
touhous 41 30.37%
robots 30 22.22%
Total: 135 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Well now I feel silly. Just thought tonight was dead for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
if we're talking albums that came out this year i think the only one i've listened to more than like 3 times is bottomless pit. so i guess that one for me.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Red Minjo posted:

I never considered the possibility it was anything but gum, and I still don't.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Raxivace posted:

What's the first thing everyone does in the morning?

work out before i can start doing anything else and start making excuses

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Cake Attack posted:

gotta helluva job opportunity for the chat thread MOBA players

$2500/mo to sit on my rear end and play video games?

sign me the gently caress up

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

DisDisDis posted:

tfw you'll never be shoulder carrier by a strong man because you're 6'1

date an nfl player

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

The Colonel posted:

steven universe is just a fun, feel-good show with some really cool character stuff and i hate that people get super loving weird about it so much in pretty much every direction to the point of harassing the showrunners for thinking a ship is cute

a fandom that's creepy and terrible? holy poo poo! no way!

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Also maybe she wouldn't have liked Madoka anyway, though. If it's not to her taste then it's not to her taste. Sure, setting her up with the wrong expectations probably didn't help but that's usually only cause for short term disappointment and not long term dislike.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Someone linked electro-rough a few weeks back and I've slowly been going through the artist's work since then. It's really nice.

I just checked it tonight and the domain has expired...

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Wark Say posted:

"Wait, this looks like Card Captor Sakura!" (which she really likes)

Then again, I get a kick every time she says that Evangelion is dogshit and her friends give her never-ending amounts of crap for that, so who knows.

i suddenly like your daughter a lot

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Wark Say posted:

She's a pretty okay kid!

Well, young woman (she turns 17 this December). Trying my best to be a deece dad for her has made me feel as though I'm not all that hopeless of an adult. :)

:confused:

She has good taste in anime so you're doing that right at least.

I've been ingesting way too much parenting media recently (Poco's Udon World is fantastic) and it's probably not good since I am like 10 years out at least from having kids of my own, if ever. I am absolutely not ready and I have no illusions about that.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
just found this smilie and it's perfect :quig:

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
This is my heritage:

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

StandardVC10 posted:

"Dog Classifieds" is the best front page feature, by a significant margin.

I just checked today and there's not a new one so I don't see what the point of reading the front page is.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
But actually most of the front page stuff is pretty funny and whenever I'm bored in public where I can't watch videos or something, reading those articles are a good timesink.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
"So what're you into?" "See for yourself." *rolls up pant leg, props foot up on the table*

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Spiritus Nox posted:

Where's that?

we are a secretive people

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

in a good mood now that this has entered my life. totally worth spending almost my entire savings in one fell swoop.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

El Burbo posted:

What's your number

2nd printing coward

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

El Burbo posted:

Ah I see, cool

[ASIDE] Heh, this guy didn't get a numbered edition? What a freaking loser

no it's okay

i'm not crying

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
the big biggest problem with a book this large and nice is that i can't take it with me to school to read for fear of damaging it

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
i like to care about things

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Cake Attack posted:

I care about everyone and everything in this world namaste

but do you care about me?

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Sorry Corals posted:

Drill Papika owns and we should keep her

Can we keep all of them?

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
We must settle, for the real one belongs with Cocona.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

a kitten posted:

Please watch Flip Flappers

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

a kitten posted:

The only reol i know is King REoL so this is v confusing

oh the elevator review man!

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

GorfZaplen posted:

I wish I had picked up Heybot instead of Nanbaka

About to fall asleep but I plan to watch the newest Nanbaka in the morning and then I'll know whether the show is still really good or if, as the ending to the last episode started to imply, the show is becoming not good.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

dogsicle posted:

the new episode is good on a few levels, but is still what i'd consider a departure from the best parts of the show.

actually i'm going to go with it's just bad. and it didn't even settle the poo poo that looked like it was going to be bad from the end of the last episode but was some entirely new unexpected bad and then left off at the same place we were before

i've never taken such a sudden turn on a show before. the show was fun and silly and now it's trying to be serious.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Blhue posted:

yes. he had a terminal condition so he invented alchemy to make himself a new body and went "welp, might as well be a cute girl while im at it"

where do i sign up

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Sharkopath posted:

lalc thinks nono is annoying as heck but loves a lot about her because of that, and when nono starts stripping her personality to be more like lalc it drives her mad

diebusters is surface level about a really deep friendship but the actual text is open enough you can read it as romantic if you want

this does not sound like cocona and papika, no.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
cocona is going through a sort of sexual awakening, because at the start she's very repressed.

papika is very open and free with her emotions, but she's slowly learning about things like personal space.

it is a good romance.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Sharkopath posted:

thats... nono and lalc

i have not seen diebuster but it didn't match what you described, imo. although i suppose there are probably similarities.

diebuster is low on my backlog so maybe i'll give you a better description in like 2 years when i finally watch it.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

How was the latest episode btw? The last one and episode three are my favorites so far.

if you like papika and cocona trying to decipher her own feelings for papika: it is very, very, very, very good

if you don't: i have no idea what to tell you. why are you even here?

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
if someone told me they thought cocona wasn't in love with papika after episode 7 i'd laugh in their face

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Spiritus Nox posted:

APPARENTLY THERE'S STILL PEOPLE WHO THINK YURI ON ICE ISN'T ABOUT GAY PEOPLE

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
get better at describing things

alternatively, just watch the good show

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

no this is good

now you can watch it for the first time again!

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Cowwan posted:

Pro-Flip and Flap peeps. If my reception of the show though episode 3 was relatively tepid, do you think going farther would change my mind on it?

it keeps getting better so i'd say "maybe i dunno"

which is better than "probably not" but not really a "yes definitely"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
and yeah what other people are saying is right. it's not really doing anything different, but since every episode is a different exploration of something really different it feels distinct every time

but it was already doing that in the first 3 episodes so it's hard to tell if more of the same being different every time would actually change your mind

this is the worst description i've ever given of anything. i can only hope you somehow manage to decipher my word salad

• Locked thread