Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I LIKE COOKIE
Dec 12, 2010

Shbobdb posted:

When you decide to enter into a LDR make sure that you have already been together in the same place is longer than the time you are going to be apart. If you don't do that, it will be terrible and fail miserably.

That is the bare minimum for a successful LDR and you haven't even met that threshold. :sever:

this guy is correct.

Except your not factoring in every angle....

desperation, and loneliness.

Once upon a time on a website called Tinychat.com I witnessed the most hopeless virgins band together to achieve mutual friendships, relationships, cliques, everything. It can be done, but it takes a special kind of weirdo to be able to pull it off successfully. One must have completely given up on ever forming a bond in the real world, and, like a Caterpillar, metamorphosis into a beautiful, strange, skype-addicted, video game loving, internet dater.

I've seen it 1000 times. It works. As long as both parties can maintain an adequate level of shut-in-ism. Problems arise, of course. You think normal relationships are hard? Pssssssht. That's little league compared to the challenges of Internet Dating. Most internet daters have severe issues, and are running from themselves. All the normal problems in relationships (power struggles, sexual frustrations, clinginess, boundary issues) are amplified 10 fold when you gently caress around with internet dating. Its much easier to hide when you're behind a keyboard, and only show the parts of yourself you want to be seen. Which is the appeal for these people, I imagine. But over time the truth always comes out. And poo poo comes crashing down. Out of hundreds I've personally witnessed, I only know of one successful relationship that started in this way, and ended up with a happy ending. A handsome, funny, and smart euro man and a No-loving-joke Cambodian Princess (with an aussie accent) started doing the online thing, and it went on for ~1 year before the dude went over to aussieland and knocked her up. They're in love. Last I talked to them he was living with her and her parents and struggling to get Aussie citizenship (and a job). But the baby is healthy, and they're about as happy as any young couple can be, under those circumstances. The difference between those 2 and the rest? They made long distance into a real relationship. Thats what it takes for it go on on forever. It is the only way. You have to grow some balls, and make the loving jump. If she doesn't want you to come live with her? you're doomed. It means she doesn't see you as a forever, it means she isn't in love. It means you're just a crutch for loneliness. I'm truly sorry if that's the case, OP.

I believe I can accurately predict how long one of these relationships can last just by seeing a picture of the two parties.

so OP, how hot is she? no need to be shy. If shes at least moderately cute and normal, you're hosed. Eventually some "real" person in her biomedical engineering III class will notice her, and then she'll kick you to the curb and try to pretend you never even existed, because online relationships are weird, and embarrassing. Or maybe she'll just get bored of you're same lame-rear end jokes that you say over, and over, and over. Loneliness blinds us and helps us to put up with that poo poo, but not forever.

if shes mentally challenged, paraplegic, or really loving ugly, you may stand a chance. But still no guarantees.

Are you willing to share more about yourselves OP? or have you abandoned this thread altogether because its not what you want to hear? Denial is a bitch. But I'm here to tell you, anything is loving possible. And I'm willing to help. As a self-proclaimed expert on these matters, I want your relationship to succeed, even if I sound like a total rear end in a top hat, which, I am, but I still want to help you, Because I take pity on you.

If you don't want to post in this thread anymore, I understand. I can also be reached through PM's.

Good luck OP, I truly do wish you happiness in this life.

PS: OP, do you know anything about "Art"? Maybe..... If I scratch your back, you can scratch mine?
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3805526

TIA

E; I just read that you two were lesbians, that's a curve ball, but I still stand by everything in my post.

I LIKE COOKIE fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Jan 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread