Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Ainge getting even more picks that he will try very hard to trade for a star, and it's defintiely gonna happen this time you guys

(Just gonna keep making this joke to cope with the pain of knowing Hayward is gonna sign there)

MourningView fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jun 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
This thread has reminded me that Henry Ellenson exists and lmao

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Death, taxes, Chad Ford mocking a white guy to Utah

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

WhyteRyce posted:

Tatum/Frank is an ideal but boring therefore disappointing outcome for the Kings

do you really need a new Rudy Gay

kiimo posted:

The reason DSJ attitude is a red flag is it was loser mentality on the court

what does this rivals.com bullshit even mean

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I still have no idea why the Celtics like Josh Jackson so much. JJ is a 3. So are Hayward and PG.

Hayward plays a ton of shooting guard and so does George, the wing positions are pretty interchangeable. Jackson also might be best long term playing a lot of small ball 4 because he isn't a very good shooter

MourningView fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jun 18, 2017

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/keithsmithnba/status/876298609574256640

Lol

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Metapod posted:

he's very bad a shooting is probably what happened

e: on a different note, I'm not understanding why TJ Leaf is projected higher than DJ Wilson. Maybe I'm seeing things wrong but Wilson just seems better to me

Wilson is less polished, a bad rebounder, doesn't play defense, and is older. He was playing like 6 minutes a game when he was Leaf's age and it wasn't because Michigan was loaded

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

Wilson plays better defense than TJ Leaf come on

His ceiling is higher on that end but it's not a huge advantage right now. He's pretty bad on that end. He gets bullied by bigger players, doesn't really know where he's supposed to be, and is a decent but not great rim protector. Also, like I said, he doesn't rebound well at all for his size

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
If they actually take Tatum that trade is going to be even funnier

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I get why they'd compare him to Pierce because he is skilled for his age and has some of that old man game, but playing like Pierce and being an efficient scorer is really hard to do. He's not a great athlete and a good but not great shooter so he's going to have to covert tough shots at a really high rate.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Con Air loving rules, Jordan Bell is welcome on my team

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

kiimo posted:

the Sixers sent their own 2017 first-round pick, No. 3, to Boston, as well as the 2018 first-round selection they received from the Los Angeles Lakers as part of a separate deal made at the 2015 NBA trade deadline.

More:

edit: also this thread is moving too slow, I have questions.

Can someone who understands the NBA better than me (admittedly very easy to do) explain why Boston isn't going to use all these assets to make a major go at Anthony Davis? That seems logical to me.

Trading for one of the most valuable young assets in the league is hard, as it turns out. Everyone in the league would love to trade for Davis, if he were easy to get he would already have been traded.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Markelle Fultz smells bad and is known to kick puppies, anonymous sources say.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Metapod posted:

I wonder who takes fox in this scenario

Either the Suns or Kings, probably. Seems pretty likely now that it'll go Fultz, Ball, Tatum, and then Jackson and Fox in some order

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
The Brain Doctor isn't gonna like that

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Imo's is right up there with that gross barf spaghetti in Cincinnati for worst regional food that is inexplicably beloved.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Could someone describe what Provel cheese tastes like? The wiki entry just says "is a combination of cheddar, Swiss, and provolone cheeses, and tastes nothing like any of them."

I don't think it has an especially distinctive taste but the texture of it is super gross to me. If they didn't insist on using that St.Louis pizza would be fine, I don't mind super thin crust

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

But Phoenix is going to pick whatever SF Boston doesn't and Fox would be there anyway at 5

This is probably true but they're shopping Knight and as a franchise have never really seemed to worry much about having too many point guards so I could see Fox being in play if they really like him. I agree Sac shouldn't make that trade though, they're in arguably the best spot in the draft. Worst case there's a decent chance you can get Smith at 10. I think everything in the Top 10 after Fultz is kind of a jumbled mess so getting two shots at it is a great place to be

• Locked thread