Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
i don't understand the simmons is a primary ball handler argument. You need multiple ball handlers nowadays to be a contender. Yeah Simmons may be the primary but that does not mean you should draft a lesser player if you have the chance at someone better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

WhyteRyce posted:

Having multiple ball handlers who can play off of each other if what is important, not just ball handlers. Otherwise you get Tres Alphas

true

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
i read the context you said that would be too much to give up for fultz when phili already has a primary ball handler. whether it is too much or is not is a different discussion entirely what I don't get is why Simmons being the primary ball handler would matter? especially since we don't know how good Simmons is .

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'm convinced that Ike Anigbogu will be the best bigman of this class

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
You should feel glad someone wants apart of that poo poo show and also suspicious if fox is retarded or just hates himself

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Dejan Bimble posted:

I've watched more Jawun Evans and he seems like a really solid all around player, a dependable backup pg who'll score, pass, and play hard on defense. But he has tiny tiny hands, so there's bust potential.

Evans is really good but he gets bothered by length at a worrisome degree

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
poo poo
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/872960522257387520

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Tj leaf to okc makes no sense unless kanter is traded

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

I'm assuming Taj will stay making it hard for a rookie to crack the rotation

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Declan MacManus posted:

Andre Robeson is the only guy I can think of with literally no offensive skill that gets regular minutes on the perimeter and even then he used to hit a few threes and crashed the gently caress out of the boards against the Rockets

Dre has offensive skills he just can't shoot

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
It means ball is about to be the new chairman

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Spacebump posted:

I hope we are about to see the NBA trade version of turning a red paper clip into a house.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ahaha

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Cool Buff Man posted:

If that trade happens, they're either going to trade for someone big or likely have two of the top 4 picks next year and that's fine with me as long as we don't get Lonzo Ball

CBM is NOT a big baller

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

The last bulls trade had them trade a starter and useful bench guy and a pick for a d league player, they will get completely hosed in a jimmy trade.

That's a good trade imo

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Dejan Bimble posted:

Oh I see aBagorn. I don't think they would go for Jimmy Butt if they signed Gordo Haywand. But that's just me, a simple man, an american patriot, proud, because at least I know I'm free, and I won't cheer, for a canadian player, because carl towns dont play D, and Ill gladly stand up, at the Q, and kiss the boobie gibson statue still today, and I'm so proud, I love this land, ball bless, the NBAAaaa

Man his simple draft totem of taking southern shooting guards from SEC and deep south schools who are pretty athletic and can shoot just paid out like 80% of the time. Joe Dumars was a master value drafter, if he hadn't hosed up with Darko people would think of him as the best drafting GM of the last generation. He picked Afflalo, Khris Middleton, and Amir Johnson, Jonas Jerebko(Who was amazingly athletic in addition to his shooting before he tore his achilles), and Mehmet Okur in the 2nd round, he picked Amir with the last pick or second to last pick. He picked Tayshaun Prince 23rd, Jason Maxiell 26th, Andre Drummond 9th. He got so much value per pick with only one pick above 7 ever, drafting a superstar, or a supercar, oh my god, he was rolling mane, he was rolling hard

he drafted my sworn enemy kyle singler he is bad

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Dejan Bimble posted:

You'll remember that Kyle Singler was a solid player when allowed to handle the ball and intiate offense in Detroit, promising enough to be part of the Reggie Jackson trade (or the Stan getting rid of every single player Joe Dumars drafted except the obvious star lottery pick types after gutting the front office down to the training staff because he and Tom Gores are both black-haired pot-bellied fucks) It was being forced into the role of spot up shooter and living in the worst state in America that destroyed him as a human being

The Nets should trade a late 2nd round pick for Kyle Singler

sir if he lived in mississippi that was his choice

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Dejan Bimble posted:

:grovertoot: So now you're going insult the gulf coast after so many lost their livelihoods due to the deepwater horizon oil spill :hydrogen: :nono:

No I'm insulting that piece of trash state that resides by the gulf. Kyle Singler the Mississippi of NBA players

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lol you got adarned

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Rick posted:

Man what happened, OG Anuoby has fallen almost 10 spots in a week. Did someone find out his injury was worse?

he's very bad a shooting is probably what happened

e: on a different note, I'm not understanding why TJ Leaf is projected higher than DJ Wilson. Maybe I'm seeing things wrong but Wilson just seems better to me

Metapod fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jun 18, 2017

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

MourningView posted:

Wilson is less polished, a bad rebounder, doesn't play defense, and is older. He was playing like 6 minutes a game when he was Leaf's age and it wasn't because Michigan was loaded

i see i see

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

He wasn't invited to the green room on draft night by the league, and then his DX spot fell from around 13 to 21. So depending on how much you believe the NBA is correctly guessing where guys are likely to go, that would seem to be the cause. I would be thrilled if OG was available at 21. Internet thunder fans seemingly want a Semi Ojeleye/Derek White older guy who can maybe play 12 minutes right away, but I'd be much happier taking a swing on Giles or Anunoby if they're available.

All that said, I'd be stunned if someone didn't take a swing on OG in the teens unless there is in fact secret injury info. A recurrent theme in most mock drafts I've seen is a ton of bigs being taken from 10-25. I suspect teams in that range will ultimately talk themselves into perimeter guys and combo forwards over the TJ Leaf and Justin Patton types.

I think Leaf's so versatile and skilled on offense that teams who already have a defensive-minded center (e.g. Turner on the Pacers) may see him as an ideal complement despite the physical limitations and defense. Anderson-Capela is a nice current example of what many teams are looking for. Wilson's more of a generic prospect who doesn't have the same offensive ceiling and is a full year older than Leaf.

im looking forward to the meltdown okc twitter has after presti does presti

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

kiimo posted:

I am not under the impression that he's easy to get, I'm under the impression that the Celtics have the fool's ransom it would take to get him.

There are very very very few things that could get new Orleans to trade Davis without Davis telling them he isn't going to re-sign and wants a trade and Boston has none of them

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I wonder who takes fox in this scenario

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
This is svg dog account

https://twitter.com/EastwoodVG/status/877943843844374530

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

drat those shoes are beautiful

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012