Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Man, I finally watched some Monk highlights, and I would love for him to fall to the Sixers with that Lakers pick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Paul Zuvella posted:

Slow work day so I'm reading about some of the late-draft international talent and came across this guy:

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/michael-fusek

7'5" and 220lbs. :drat:

That dude needs to put on, like 50 pounds, but Kristaps was 7'3" 230 when he came out

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

God drat Lakers are just screaming their way to the bottom. Please don't get a top 3 pick again, thanks in advance.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

tanglewood1420 posted:

I went on NBA tankathon and on my first sim draft the Kings and Knicks both jumped the Lakers so Philly got #2 and #4 overall.

If that happens in real life they are putting a statue of Hinke next to the Rocky one.

Don't stop, I'm almost there

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Indecisive player starts shot, coughs, stops midshot, pretends he was just fixing hair not shooting a basket. *glances nervously at the crowd like game show contestant*

What should I do? I just don't know I just don't know, oh boy *tugs nervously at collar*

*Markkanen enters, knocks player to floor, takes ball, scores decisively*

*crowd cheers hysterically, indecisive player wets shorts, transforms into corncob*

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

WhyteRyce posted:

It basically means Philly is drafting Malik Monk and leaving PGs on the board for Sacramento

God willing, with their second pick in the first they will do just that :getin:

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

The Sixers were able to work in three rookies this year, plus expand roles for second year players like McConnell and Holmes, and work in Justin Anderson at the end. I don't think it will be a problem to work in three rookies next year.

I'd rather get the Lakers pick this year because there are good prospects that fit the team available wherever the picks land. Not like the Lakers *should* suddenly become great again next year, but it could happen, and without the incentive to tank, they will win games they otherwise wouldn't have won.

I think the Sacramento pick potentially lines up better as a trade chip for a vet, in terms of the Sixers likely development as a team.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

The Sixers season was about as good as you could hope for. They have some real players and a real identity. They have a franchise player (pending health). They're light years ahead of where they were last year.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

The lottery is in three days and I'm so excited. I just don't want the Sixers to gently caress this up.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Have I mentioned recently how much I love Philly? Best city

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Jota posted:

Andrew Wiggins dressed up like the Riddler for the lottery

I remember when I was real sad that the Sixes didn't get Wiggins

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

The Glumslinger posted:

Rick and I get to spend the next month and a half writing increasingly unhinged scenarios where the Celtics don't take Fultz at #1

I'm excited for Fultz to fall to 3

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

aBagorn posted:

Yeah the Sixers are going to be fun as hell to watch this year if they get Jackson.

Both Jackson AND Covington can float 2-4 defensively so I'm thinking you can put them both on the floor at the same time. Sign a short term solution in the backcourt like a Dion Waiters and roll out

Simmons - Waiters - Covington - Jackson - Embiid

I literally bought season tickets 4 days ago so that would definitely be worth my investment

I had a dream last night about how dominating a defense with Embiid/RoCo/Jackson would be. I woke up so excited

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Dejan Bimble posted:

He has a hair impeded shot, I feel bad for posting it constantly but he needs to cut his loving hair and it would be so much easier for him. He'll also be good for the Sixers CULTURE because he cares about defense and plays hard, hopefully he can infect the team and not let Simmons's blahh autism be their team personality.

Sixers already have a very strong team personality, Embiid is going to be the guy that drives it. But they all play hard. I agree that Jackson fits very well with that though.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

NotWearingPants posted:

I'll be happy if the Sixers get anyone other than Ball.

I feel pretty much the same way, except I also don't want Tatum.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

I think I've convinced myself that I want the Sixers to take Fox. His shot actually doesn't *look* bad and he can shoot FT's. He actually shot pretty well from 3 in high school. Not that HS should outweigh college, but it at least shows that he may have better ability than that abysmal 3P% shows. Some of the film I've seen of him shooting 3's, or really just shooting in general, shows hesitation. Makes me wonder how much of it is mental, which would make sense because his form looks fine and he can shoot from the line.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

I figured it went without saying that best case scenario for the Sixers is to trade down, but I don't see who would be interested in trading up. I guess hope the Magic or Kings fall in love with someone, I don't know. Jackson, Smith, Fox, and Monk all make me happy, so being at 5 or 6 is ideal. I remain steadfast in not wanting Tatum or Ball at all.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Fox has good form, is a decent midrange shooter, and is good from the line. There's a theory that Fox's problem is that he's simply not strong enough to shoot 3's. Fox is a lanky dude so there maybe sone truth to that. Adding bulk is also a really easy fix if strength is the only issue.

But thats one hell of a gamble to make

It's a gamble, but outside of Fultz, every player has a weakness that you're gambling on being fixable. It comes down to either how fixable you think that weakness is, or how useful that player will be if you can't fix the weakness.

The weird thing with Fox is that, like you're saying, he's got all of the secondary things you'd look for. The form, the mid-range jumper, the FT%. The sample size on the 3's really is a pretty low. He only attempted 69 3P shots in his NCAA career. He attempted 502 in his HS career, and hit 34% of those. That's not elite or anything but it shows some ability.

I'm not going to pretend I'm any kind of scout, but the video I've seen of some of his NCAA shots, you can clearly see him hesitate or give up open shots, and he's totally out of rhythm. If it's obvious to me, it's got to be pretty bad.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

I hope this talk of the Kings trading the 5 and 10 for the Sixers 3 so they can get Fox is true.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

I look forward to the day when hair is added to scouting reports.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

That's actually interesting. If they still had Cousins, would Boogie + 5 get them Fultz?

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

MourningView posted:

If you could get that much in return for Boogie he would have been traded for a lot more than he actually was

I think it's easier when you're trading him for concrete assets and it's the offseason. "1st Round Pick" sounds better than the player that usually gets drafted with that pick.

Then again we're talking about Danny Ainge.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Oh my god pleeease make this Fultz happen.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Who has that cartoon picture of a dragon smiling on a pile of gold? It's my favorite picture and I think of it every time Ainge and his draft picks come up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

If the Sixers didn't trade up for 1, I would have like for them to get Fox, and I know he was on a bunch of lists as "worst fit for Sixers". But he's so fun. Watching him clown Ball again, sigh.

I don't know which PG I'm most excited to see play in the NBA next season. Fultz, Fox and DSJ I want to see for real fun actual basketball reasons. Ball I want to see just to see how bad he gets clowned on. Like it was really fun for comedy reasons to watch the early season Sixers Rockets game when Dario ended up on Harden and Dario threw his hands up in frustration at one point after Harden had his way with him, like, "I have never seen this kind of human before, what the gently caress man".

• Locked thread