Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
I've seen some places having Frank Ntilikina rising and that's a name of either a star or a bust. No in between.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

straight up brolic posted:

lol at the Blazers taking De'Aaron Fox that would be insanely dumb

I'm not 100% but at this point of the year I don't think draftexpress does the mock draft based on team needs at all

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Pretty crazy that it's likely that #1 pick two years in a row will be a college player from a team that missed the tournament. I watched UCLA-Washington tonight just to see Ball and Fultz. Now I haven't watched Washington a ton, but that team around Fultz is an absolute tire fire. Should lead to some interesting takes about him not being a winner but he's so nice.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Khagan posted:

So with the Boogie trade to NO do they continue course and potentially pick up one of Fox or Monk? Or do they have another trade in them to complete their trio.

If New Orleans keeps their pick then it will be top 3 and they probably aren't taking either of those guys. Otherwise they won't have a first round pick and they probably won't have the ammo to trade for one so Fox and Monk probably aren't on the table for the Pelicans right now.

Unless you were wondering how the Kings complete the Hield/WCS/??? trio

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Khagan posted:

How far does UCLA have to progress in order for Lonzo to become consensus #1 pick over Fultz? Or will individual play matter more?

Fultz would have to die on his couch at home. He's on a whole nother tier

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Ty1990 posted:

I apologize for the hot take and I swear that's not what I'm going for but I really think Josh Jackson should get more consideration to go #1 than he is.

there is gonna be a whole lot of people saying the same thing reacting to this game

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Completing ignoring his hosed up shot, I don't want the Sixers to draft Ball almost entirely because he's ugly as gently caress and I find looking at his hosed up Frankenstein face and gangly body unpleasant and would not like to have to do it 82 times a year.

Also he wears a t-shirt under his jersey so gently caress him.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

euphronius posted:

Nik stauskas ?

I do not feel you understood the question, euphronius.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

euphronius posted:

You're right missed the "big man" qualifier

Also I don't think he was projected as a top ten pick after his Freshman year. He was like the third or fourth option on Michigan that year.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Draft Express/The Vertical has a new mock draft up:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/the-vertical-mock-draft-version-2-0-135637001.html

Looks like this is the first one where Givony tries to take team need into account

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

straight up brolic posted:

Josh Jackson is credibly defending Miles Bridges and Biggie Swabian on B2B nights. This dude is going to be ridiculous on that end

Yeah, it's incredible watching him. His potential is unreal. Him looking like he has a really good chance to be a lockdown wing defender at the next level is what seals him being ahead of Ball for me.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Rick posted:

I honestly have no idea who the Sixers should draft if they don't get #1.

Also, Dejan I have found myself super on the Dennis Smith bandwagon lately as well. It's like the lower people slot him in the media the higher I put him on my board.

A defense with Embiid protecting the paint and Covington and Jackson guarding the wings, until Embiid's season ending injury, gets me excited.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Jordan Bell? More like Ben Wallace

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Lockback posted:

Eh, most of the guys would fit alongside Simmons as a backcourt, who plays the other guard isn't a big deal. Can Simmons guard opposing PG or SGs? That is a bigger question. If he can't (and I expect he cannot) then you need 2 Guards on defense, and then whether he's playing Point Forward or not is irrelevant.

Basically, it lets them say "We're going to run our offense through our #1 Pick" and then how it washes out will not really matter. I wouldn't read too much into it.

This 100%

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
https://twitter.com/ScottHoward42/status/862545035245400065

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

kiimo posted:

And that friends is why Sean Miller will never get offered an NBA job.

oh my god

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Body measurements are my favorite time of the year. Body fat % is always great

Shout out to Devin Robinson, who must be dead or incredibly anorexic with 3% body fat

Jota fucked around with this message at 20:21 on May 11, 2017

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

NickRoweFillea posted:

How far is Giles falling? He has a great toolset but his injuries are the kiss of death

He seems like he could really end up anywhere outside of the lottery, depending on if someone falls in love with his measurables. And he certainly could end up being a good pro, but I wouldn't want him in the first round just because there is so much risk with him. Like even beyond the injuries, he wasn't an incredibly skilled player anyway. It seemed like a lot of his offensive game revolved around his athleticism, which is understandable at his age, but it adds to the risk. Plus, he was dog poo poo for Duke and couldn't create for himself at all.

Maybe you're hoping he's like a poor man's Nerlens Noel? Except with way more serious injury issues and far worse defensive instincts.

Jota fucked around with this message at 20:17 on May 14, 2017

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

WhyteRyce posted:

I think the best thing for the league tomorrow is for the Sixers to get #1, the Kings to get #2, and uh, Dallas to get #3.

retweet if you agree with me

Actually best scenario is Kings #1, Pelicans #2, whoever #3, Lakers #6, Sixers #7.

I'd sacrifice the Lakers pick a few spots for the Kings winning the lottery and only moving from 8th to 7th.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

kiimo posted:

He's a creator. I'd call his court vision and passing "elite". High basketball IQ. He's got an old man game when it comes to point guard in the body of 6-6 wing. He'll dominate in the pick and roll and the outside shooting is better than people think, especially as a freshman. He's...Jason Kidd maybe? I feel like his negatives are the type of thing he'll develop no problem.

I agree with a lot of the stuff you are saying here , although maybe not the dominating in the pick and roll part. He's a great passer but if Draftexpress is right, he passed out of the pick and roll about 75% of the time. And he's not a great scorer in isolation.

When it comes to his shot, even if he doesn't change anything I think he'll still be a very good 3 point shooter , the problem with his shot is how much it fucks him from trying to shoot off the dribble. Combine with him not really being that great at getting into the paint and scoring, it could make it a lot easier for defenses to guard him.

The Jason Kidd comparison gets thrown around a lot but I feel like he's more similar to second Mavericks run Jason Kidd than prime Jason Kidd. Also Kidd was a far better defender than Ball looks to be. All that said, combining his IQ, ability to drill open 3's, his crazy court vision, and ability in transition, I think he will be a solid pro, but his weaknesses would make me not want to spend a top 3 pick on him since it is easy to see the potential for them to hold him back from being a star.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

WhyteRyce posted:

Look, a team that has been in the top 3 three times in the last decade and got the #1 the year KAT was on the board can't complain about how bad they've had it compared to other teams. We haven't drafted in the top 3 since Christian Laettner was running around Duke

Yeah you guys really deserve a lottery win. I hope you get it this year

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
My man Joel is ready for the draft lottery. Whole outfit on point.

https://twitter.com/sixers/status/864602089527365633

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Andrew Wiggins dressed up like the Riddler for the lottery

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
oh god please

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
booooooo

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
gently caress this poo poo

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
i wish it was the lakers because i feel like magic could have been traded with but the celtics are either taking fultz or trading it to like the pacers for george

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Paul Zuvella posted:

Nik rocks!

Jackson is actually the right choice imo

I agree with both points in this post.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Colangelo get on the phone and see just how much Danny Ainge likes accumulating assets my man

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Redgrendel2001 posted:

No. Sixers get the Lakers 2018 pick and the Kings 2019.

That's what he said.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

kiimo posted:

Sixers: They’ll have a loving weird rear end lineup with a 6’9 PG, a 7’2 center who hits 3s, and jackson, who floats from 2-4 depending on the lineup playing balls to the wall every second. Screw shooting, this team would own so hard. 

If Embiid by some miracle actually could stay healthy a lineup with Jackson, Covington, and Embiid has the potential to be incredible defensively.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Criminal Minded posted:

he can learn real hip hop like Atmosphere

he's gonna meet Brother Ali and convert to Islam

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

euphronius posted:

Jaylen Brown was a reach but looks like a good pick.

He looks like he maybe has the potential to become a good role player, if he can become an average 3 point shooter over a decent amount of shots, which the Celtics were in a unique position to be okay with taking at the top of a draft.

I agree that teams shouldn't worry at all about a pick being considered a reach and should trust their own scouting of players. WIth that said if the Sixers draft Isaac I would be very upset.

Jota fucked around with this message at 00:29 on May 25, 2017

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Speak that poo poo into existence, Lavar.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Over the course of which he improved.

jesus christ

also i stand with metapod's comment as well.

Jota fucked around with this message at 00:52 on May 30, 2017

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Way to ignore the context of everything else that I wrote?

:cheers:

You were literally talking about like a 20 shot sample size because it fit the narrative you wanted. I'm not even getting into what I think about him at the next level, just how you were using those numbers was bad.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Redgrendel2001 posted:

You didn't read anything else did you?

It isn't like this is the first time you've tried using a small sample like that, but we can pretend I totally misinterpreted everything if it makes you feel better.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
You can slowly see Sixers fans becoming the new Blazers fans. We've even got the injuries to our highly drafted players.

Plus we we even had Sergio Rodriguez. It's like when there's a reboot of a movie series and Johnny Depp shows up in a scene with Channing Tatum as a knudge/wink to the fans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

euphronius posted:

God if Lonzo falls to three.... I don't know what I'd want the sixers to do.

Dear God please do not let them draft him

• Locked thread