Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

quote:

There are many good people who voted for Trump.
These good people ignored his proven history of sexism, racism, homophobia, transphobia, ableism. They looked past his proven record of fraud and widely alleged record of sexual assault. They denied the fact that white supremacists see him as a champion, or "rejected it"—as if rejecting it somehow makes it untrue. They were totally cool with the fact that he's a Putin apologist. They could not or chose not to see that he is wildly unqualified and temperamentally unfit for the presidency, that he had no real policy platform, and that he can't control himself enough to manage his own Twitter account. They ignored the voices of the marginalized. They believe he will make their own lives better—which he might—but do not care at what cost.
Now say it again: there are many good people who voted for Trump.

quote:

Everyone needs calm down. It's not like middle America loved Trump, they just disliked Hillary more.
A week ago Facebook was all about the majority didn't want either of these two.
For the record, for all the media reports I heard of record turn out, Trump won with less votes than Romney or McCain.
I know a lot of Trump voters only voted for him to keep the SCOTUS balanced, that's a compelling reason but still not enough for me.
Think of what the media would be saying if the right was acting like this in 2008.

quote:

It's sad to see all my liberal friends in despair.
It will be okay guys. As you all said 8 years ago when Obama won, "If we survived GWB then you can survive Obama".
The world will go on, the Constitution is still the law of the land, and if you're really that concerned focus on winning back Congress in 2 years to keep Trump in check.
I don't care because I thought they both were horrible candidates, I'm just concerned for the emotional health of some of my friends.
Don't despair, breathe.

quote:

You know you've succeeded so far as a parent when your 8, 5, and 2 year-olds are mentally and emotionally stronger than all of the adult Hilary supporters we're seeing on T.V..

quote:

Mere hours after the president elect was announced, my friend (who is Sri Lankan) was yelled at to "Go back to India," a country that she has visited once briefly on a holiday. [Quick aside: Any Indians willing to show my friend around her new place of origin?] So she woke up today, donned a blue salwar and huge hoop earrings, and took the bus to school looking loving gorgeous.

quote:

I made breakfast but I couldn't eat it. I tried to meditate but all I could do was cry. I walked my dog through our predominately Hispanic neighborhood and it was so somberly quiet. I wanted to hug every person, or at least try and form my mouth in the shape of pleasantry, something resembling a smile but my face was crippled by tears falling behind my sunglasses. I believe in democracy and I believe in love, but I am physically grieving today. I just wanted to tell you that no matter who you are or how you participated in this election, I love you, I love us and I still believe in this country.

quote:

It warms my heart to know despite these whacky times, that on this day, every year and without fail, we can still expect to see Marines blacking out and throwing up. Happy birthday, devil dogs.

quote:

The world was watching, and I am ashamed for my country.
To everyone mustering up the selflessness to wish me a happy day, thank you. In lieu of birthday gifts, please offer your hand in solidarity with every marginalized person you know.

quote:

I love you. Yes, you.

quote:

Plz people, I had to get up at 4:30 today and I have to get up at 4:30 tomorrow, but this weekend I want to do something to respond to the election. Plz let me know what to do. And all my friends who are queer, immigrant, and/or minority, my thoughts and love are with you CONSTANTLY.

quote:

I feel like the Earth was just missed by a giant planet killing meteor.

quote:

Bank stocks are surging.
Protect your neck and your wallet because Wall Street is about to dab on us.

quote:

"Not my president" sounds a lot like "I'll accept the result of the election...if I win."
Look inward.

quote:

Alright, I have just recovered from my 4 am drinking binge induced hangover and while I was wallowing in a pool of depression this morning I came to the following conclusion:
I think that our institutions are strong enough to resist the depredations of a one term president and I hope that those of us who were lucky enough to have been raised in a privileged liberal bastion learned a lesson last night. If we truly want racial, gender, and class equality we have to be willing to fight and sacrifice for it. The reason we progressives lost last night is because we have a tendency to be meek. Our opponents have had no qualms about holding the Supreme Court hostage, obstructing the legislative process, and, more generally, compromising full faith and credit of the United States. We must also use the tools available to us to actively champion our values, even when it costs us.
If you bank at one of the “too big to fail” institutions, find a credit union; if you work for a multi-billion dollar corporation, take your talents to a smaller company that competes with it or found your own business; if your Congress person is up for reelection in 2018, do your homework and vote; if you have a Black Lives Matter chapter in your city, join it; if you have the power to hire and fire, actively seek out women and minorities; and if you have a bigoted relative at your Thanksgiving table, shout him down.
That’s all I’ve got. Hopefully Coach Bernie has more ideas and will give us an inspirational half-time speech at some point in the next couple weeks.
#OurRevolution

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
it's me. i was the meltdown.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Booblord Zagats fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Nov 10, 2016

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Deathy McDeath posted:

it's me. i was the meltdown.

Hah I saw far, far worse on both sides, buddy. :gbsmith:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
From some dude's facebook with the caption "Make this bitch famous!"

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Everybody .mil either didn't say anything or their response was, "a'ight."

All of the Facebook meltdowns I've seen are from non-military friends who all grew up with good opportunities, went to good schools, and have lived relatively sheltered lives (despite their insistence to the contrary). To them, the entirety of the United States' population exists within the confines of social media. The idea that there are people (in this country, no less!) with opinions and beliefs different from theirs is incomprehensible. It's childish, pathetic, and frankly, embarrassing. In all fairness, none of these people are idiots; they are all, every one, intelligent, well-meaning, and genuinely good folks. This is what happens, however, when people get caught up in hysteria and narrative and extremely narrow worldviews (despite their insistence to the contrary), only to have their expectations about what was "supposed" to happen shattered.

Here we go! (minor edits for typos, punctuation, etc.)

quote:

I'm just afraid George Orwell's 1984 will become a reality the moment he tries to sue SNL for making fun of him and bring our freedom of speech to the Supreme Court.

quote:

I literally woke up with diarrhea.

quote:

I vomited. Happy Wednesday.

quote:

Worst day in America: 9/11
Second worst day: 11/9

quote:

How can he be behind in every poll and win every swing state?

quote:

Cried again. I hate today.

quote:

Lots of rationalizing racism and sexism going on.

quote:

But emails!

quote:

A: I know right, who voted for him?

B: Apparently less than half of U.S. voters, but also apparently that doesn't matter.
#whiteprivilege
#electoralcollege

quote:

Working class voters didn't determine this election - white voters, of every class, did. This is about a white nationalism.

quote:

Hey remember that time I got a masters degree in *snip*? Here's to hoping my field exists in a year.

quote:

I'm #grateful for choosing a career path that Trump believes is part of a Chinese conspiracy to make our manufacturing noncompetitive.

quote:

Got my masters in law... guess that's not a thing anymore.

quote:

Your job and my job are hosed, bro. Without your job, my job is basically daily hell. Without those who do my job, our future is gonna be nonexistent.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

quote:

Hey remember that time I got a masters degree in *snip*? Here's to hoping my field exists in a year.

Really hoping this is something like gender studies.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

There's a disturbing amount of completely serious "what am I supposed to tell the children??" and "white people are racist!" going on. I'm not going to dig that poo poo up; it's garbage all the way down.

Syrian Lannister posted:

Really hoping this is something like gender studies.
That'd be especially funny, but no, it's a legitimate and important field. The idea that Trump in office will result in it drying up is retarded, though, especially when he's already made statements within these past 48 hours which suggest that field will actually get an increase in funding.

Naked Bear fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Nov 11, 2016

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Naked Bear posted:

There's a disturbing amount of completely serious "what am I supposed to tell the children??" and "white people are racist!" going on. I'm not going to dig that poo poo up; it's garbage all the way down.

That'd be especially funny, but no, it's a legitimate and important field. The idea that Trump in office will result in it drying up is retarded, though, especially when he's already made statements within these past 48 hours which suggest that field will actually get an increase in funding.

I feel like pointing out to people that even with Bush it isn't like science completely disappeared. Yeah the EPA has an absolute moron for a director now but studies in climate change will continue.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I'll post my (very dissapointing) meltdown, but lemme frame it a bit.

Imagine you spent all election day eating pizza and wings, drinking (12 bottles of) beer, and being smug as gently caress because you mailed your vote to Iron abuela 3 weeks ago. But things aint looking so hot for her and your drunken mind decides its time to go to bed. Hours later you wake up in a cold sweat, kinda in that state where you are half-drunk half-hungover you check your phone and there it is clear as day.

The hateful cheeto won.

I was dumb founded and thought i was still drunk, so I spent an hour cheeking and rechecking that I didn't in fact lost my mind. But yep he won. So i posted this on facebook and went back to my alcohol induced coma.

quote:

Congrats president elect Trump, may we all live in interesting times.

I give it a C- in meltdown rating but a B in being GiP as gently caress.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Naked Bear posted:

did I miss the announcement that Trump is no longer lying through his teeth with every speech he gives or what

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

at the date posted:

did I miss the announcement that Trump is no longer lying through his teeth with every speech he gives or what
Not really, just going by the new policies posted on his website, like the first 100 days bit. Some of them are not shockingly retarded and are actually pretty decent.

Some of them are still stupid, like the wall.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Anyone else having a ton of friends reaffirming their oath of enlistment saying poo poo like "It never expired" even though they have been out a while??

not black enough
Oct 14, 2004

Flikken posted:

Anyone else having a ton of friends reaffirming their oath of enlistment saying poo poo like "It never expired" even though they have been out a while??

Happens on Veteran's day every year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Naked Bear posted:

Not really, just going by the new policies posted on his website, like the first 100 days bit. Some of them are not shockingly retarded and are actually pretty decent.

Some of them are still stupid, like the wall.

I too am satisfied with policy proposals that range from shockingly retarded, to just retarded, to maybe OK. Whew nothing to be concerned about here. All these pussies getting into s tizzy for nothing amirite?

• Locked thread