Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Everybody .mil either didn't say anything or their response was, "a'ight."

All of the Facebook meltdowns I've seen are from non-military friends who all grew up with good opportunities, went to good schools, and have lived relatively sheltered lives (despite their insistence to the contrary). To them, the entirety of the United States' population exists within the confines of social media. The idea that there are people (in this country, no less!) with opinions and beliefs different from theirs is incomprehensible. It's childish, pathetic, and frankly, embarrassing. In all fairness, none of these people are idiots; they are all, every one, intelligent, well-meaning, and genuinely good folks. This is what happens, however, when people get caught up in hysteria and narrative and extremely narrow worldviews (despite their insistence to the contrary), only to have their expectations about what was "supposed" to happen shattered.

Here we go! (minor edits for typos, punctuation, etc.)

quote:

I'm just afraid George Orwell's 1984 will become a reality the moment he tries to sue SNL for making fun of him and bring our freedom of speech to the Supreme Court.

quote:

I literally woke up with diarrhea.

quote:

I vomited. Happy Wednesday.

quote:

Worst day in America: 9/11
Second worst day: 11/9

quote:

How can he be behind in every poll and win every swing state?

quote:

Cried again. I hate today.

quote:

Lots of rationalizing racism and sexism going on.

quote:

But emails!

quote:

A: I know right, who voted for him?

B: Apparently less than half of U.S. voters, but also apparently that doesn't matter.
#whiteprivilege
#electoralcollege

quote:

Working class voters didn't determine this election - white voters, of every class, did. This is about a white nationalism.

quote:

Hey remember that time I got a masters degree in *snip*? Here's to hoping my field exists in a year.

quote:

I'm #grateful for choosing a career path that Trump believes is part of a Chinese conspiracy to make our manufacturing noncompetitive.

quote:

Got my masters in law... guess that's not a thing anymore.

quote:

Your job and my job are hosed, bro. Without your job, my job is basically daily hell. Without those who do my job, our future is gonna be nonexistent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

There's a disturbing amount of completely serious "what am I supposed to tell the children??" and "white people are racist!" going on. I'm not going to dig that poo poo up; it's garbage all the way down.

Syrian Lannister posted:

Really hoping this is something like gender studies.
That'd be especially funny, but no, it's a legitimate and important field. The idea that Trump in office will result in it drying up is retarded, though, especially when he's already made statements within these past 48 hours which suggest that field will actually get an increase in funding.

Naked Bear fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Nov 11, 2016

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

at the date posted:

did I miss the announcement that Trump is no longer lying through his teeth with every speech he gives or what
Not really, just going by the new policies posted on his website, like the first 100 days bit. Some of them are not shockingly retarded and are actually pretty decent.

Some of them are still stupid, like the wall.

• Locked thread