Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:
Background: I'm the service coordinator at a window and door company and part of my job is collecting on past due accounts. We're corporate, though, so human factors don't usually apply.

Like, say, this one customer who owed $340 and died. His nephew came in and made a $100 cash payment 2 months ago, and the suits still on me to collect the $240 and they won't write it off as bad debt yet even though I've been chasing it for 5 months now. I've mailed invoices, I've left voice messages until the mailbox is full. I've gotten contact information for a supposed payer, but they never returned my calls.

I have a feeling I'm not going to be able to collect on this debt, but how can I make my employers see that? Or how can I make good on the $240? I want the money. I don't get my commission until they shell out, but I understand the dude passed and it may not happen.

Thanks for any help you can provide; Google isn't turning up much for what I'm looking for specifically, everything I'm seeing requires lawyers and court.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

That's what I had a bad feeling about; the CFO HATES to see stuff sitting on A/R and they expect me to chase it until it gets written off. I suppose I can just bullshit my collections logs since I'm not getting through to anyone live anyway.

Thanks, goons!

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

The plot thickens. I come into my office today to a voicemail from none other than the customer himself...when everyone that I had spoken to said he was in the hospital and then dead. He's supposed to be sending his nephew by with the remainder of the payment today and apologized because they had a death in the family.

:allears:

• Locked thread