Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
My dream for the Browns is that they sign Tyrod Taylor and then draft an o-lineman along with Fournette or Dalvin Cook and then proceed to have Hue develop the dopest run based offense in the league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

nah sorry you're going to be seeing Fournette in carolina blue in your nightmares for the next four years.

You'll just waste him on your garbage unimaginative offense.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

^^^^ Rodgers was considered a system QB with a great arm who had been super accurate but had the Tedford stink on him. It's not the same thing at all.

corn on the cop posted:

NFL COMPARISON: Black Quarterback
BOTTOM LINE: Prescott is built like (Black Quarterback)

Even for Jameis Winston who mostly got Roethlisburger comparisons they still would reach for Byron Leftwich as a comp.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Intruder posted:

What are the odds Watson drops to the, say, mid to late 20s

After that game and with a huge dearth of QB talent in a draft with a lot of QB needy teams? Not likely. It could happen of course, but even if he has a bad pro day someone is going to be desperate enough to grab him by at least 15.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Kalli posted:

The Texans are the kind of team you point to when looking at like the Bills looking to dump Tyrod and go COME ON MAN.

Yea or Romo. The Texans could easily pull a Denver and take the aging QB to the Superbowl. Plus Tony might actually be able to hit Hopkins consistently.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

PrinceRandom posted:

He'll be a one year rental at best. We're gonna need a new Tackle, Guard and Center at least.

Edit: Maybe not Center I remember we drafted one last year but he went down with an injury. But Newton is dead and Jeff Allen is a loving bum

Those things are totally doable in the draft along with FA.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

the best prospect this year is a 1 year starter from a basketball school that lost to nc god drat loving state and lovely duke

NC State was sneaky good this year. They were a short FG away from beating Clemson.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Amy Pole Her posted:

Miami should probably draft a linebacker or two but man I want OJ HOWARD so bad in this offense

The Bucs should pick him up so we can keep running our giant receiver offense.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

corn on the cop posted:

Beckham wasn't ranked highly because Zach Mettenberger can't throw a football. His stock exploded after scouts really dug into his tape.

Ahh yes, the Megatron effect.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Intruder posted:

I was farting around with that and man check out Anquan

http://www.mockdraftable.com/player/2582/

drat. God bless Anquan Boldin and his perfected possession receiver style.

Like look at that link and then check out his stats:

He's 9th all time in receptions
He's 14th all time in receiving yards

Relentlessboredomm fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jan 19, 2017

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

I hope Anquan plays one more year, because he's about 100yds shy of passing Cris Carter for receiving yards and about ~600 yds short of being in the top 10 above Reggie Wayne.

How hilarious is it going to be when both Boldin and Fitzgerald get into the HoF and yet when they played together they made the playoffs, what, one time?

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Kalli posted:

How does Peppers compare to Tyrann Matthieu as far as skillset goes? He's the last super talented guy I remember who had that label of being a weird talent with no natural position.

Worse, much worse. Matthieu is fast, great with the ball in his hands, and pretty awesome in coverage so long as it's not a lot of man.

Peppers is a decent returner, a mediocre LB, and a mediocre SS with real questionable coverage skills.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

The Cook thing makes me think he's either injured or something else is going on. Clearly he's got absurd athletic talent.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Ehud posted:

It's more like if it's too low is that a red flag?

I thought the same thing but virtually no one throws below 49/50 and most of the best prospects never throw at the combine so it's not a good data point.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

gently caress Joe Mixon. My team already has an unrepentant rapist, I don't need that poo poo too.

TFF tries so hard to buck whatever is conventional wisdom that it's as predictable as scouts falling in love with a tall QB who's got a rocket arm. Mixon's a piece of poo poo who's shown no penitence whatsoever and has at least two incidents that make it seem like a pattern. Whether or not you find it morally repugnant you should be aware of the league's aggressive stance towards violence against women when deciding when to draft him. If other people agreeing that he's a piece of garbage causes your tiny rebellious spirit to flare up and take a counter stance on the internet that he should go in the first maybe you should reconsider whether being an internet contrarian is remotely useful in this setting.

For myself, keep him the gently caress away from the Bucs.

Relentlessboredomm fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Mar 12, 2017

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Who is this Tennessee RB that I've seen a few people mock to the Bucs? Kamara or some such. Why the hell is he going in the first?

Should have thrown in a "when it's convenient and for the express purposes of covering their own asses" there somewhere.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Lol oh good at least relentless got to grandstand as well

Who's grandstanding. Y'all can't decide if violent actions are a reason to hate a player/team or not. Talent is clearly not the sole criteria by which even goons evaluate players so it's some sliding scale based on whatever you find personally repugnant vs just how talented/vital the player is. It's the same trap the league falls into, except the league has a much heavier lean towards talent trumping all.

This is a really fun example too because we've got actual video evidence so unlike Jameis or Roethlisberger who we love to poo poo on but never got convicted, this dude straight up did the thing.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Is there a single QB in this draft that anyone is actually excited about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

If youre not excited to watch someone with these mechanics get blown up in the nfl i don't know what to tell you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FY0MdW3smM

I thought no Texas Tech QBs was a baked in draft mantra, or are FOs that desperate?

• Locked thread