Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Eh it's true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Doltos posted:

I guess I gotta watch more tape on Trubisky cus I'm not really loving him at this point

Well if the Browns are looking at him your gut is probably correct.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I was more thinking about his terrible pre-Green Bay mechanics, which were supposed to hinder him at the pro level

He also sat a long time and they spent all that time reworking his mechanics.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Yes but the discussion is about why coaches think they can fix QBs, which why Aaron is an example of one that got fixed

The problem is in general they think they can fix them quickly and sitting a QB for any length of time is no longer a tenable position.

Especially on bad teams.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

He isn't wrong tho

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

warcrimes posted:

uh, not it wasn't.

jesus you guys are loving stupid.

Last year was a weak QB class.

Unless you mean something else?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Chichevache posted:

Green Bay is in need of a new gymrat receiver.

All ours keep getting hurt. :(

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

He looked really good the whole second half except his deep ball which was bad.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

straight up brolic posted:

Hard to buy that someone can look bad passing for 420 yards, running for 45, and scoring 4 TDs with no TOs against one of the greatest CFB defenses.

If he "looked bad" it's because of what you already thought about him. He played an almost perfect game after the first couple of possessions.

His long passes were really bad. It's not a huge deal but it's still true.

Though he has always had this issue so I guess you are technically right?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Benne posted:

Kap just negotiated an opt-out clause in his contract. He's gone.

If they think there's the right QB sitting there at No. 2 then they should probably go get him.

Though who the gently caress could it be.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Abugadu posted:

McCaffrey's an intriguing fit, but if we do that we're going to need to pick up 2-3 CBs in FA and another 2-3 in the next couple of rounds.

But we are usually so good at avoiding the scrappy white RB.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

People grandstanding about being against grandstanding is the new meta.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

This is a weak class and QBs are always going to be in demand, whether the product exists or not.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

a neat cape posted:

I noticed Doltos' list doesn't have the best RB in college football last year on it. Hm. Curious.

McNichols is on there tho?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Doltos posted:

McShays an idiot and great character superlatives get applied to prospects regardless of race. loving Garrett Bolles is getting bad character red flags because he used to be a gang banger while Garrett's getting great character flags because he's super dedicated to football.

Stop trying to apply race to everything!!

Unless he is consistently a problem (which he might be I dunno) him being a gang banger at one point isn't really relevant.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Intruder posted:

He really does suck though

I mean check out these throws in his "moment of glory" game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrPL1Skq1d0

Especially check out how he almost gets Nuk killed at 2:03

To be fair college and the NFL are two different beasts.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Theoretically that applies to the pros as well.

I assume your contract is going to wording dealing with that kind of thing.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

TBeats posted:

I guess I wasn't clear in my point.

As long as college athletes can sit out games because of the money they will make next year, why would any governing body agree to put a system in place that pays them this year?

My point is paying the players effectively makes them pros so the issue would disappear especially with the rookie pay scale in place.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Extremely pushy parents.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Intruder posted:

Damnit it is isn't it

I immediately went to Riley from Boondocks

It's the last line that makes it obviously Dennis.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Well I mean if all you look at is the arms it makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Diva Cupcake posted:

I'm hoping for a draft thread of nothing but sean10mm talking about Hackenberg and Eagles fans inexplicably writing odes to how great Carson Wentz will be.

Were ever there is a slightly negative thing said about Wentz, an eagle fan will be there.

• Locked thread