Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Mitch Trubisky seems to be getting the high-riser treatment that always happens before a QB gets taken top 5.

Can he succeed with such a poo poo name? The only Mitch to ever make a Pro Bowl was Mitch Berger and he was a loving punter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

sirtommygunn posted:

The report's source is "a rival scout" aka bullshit. Not saying it can't happen, just that the article is even more worthless than most draft speculation news.
Pre-draft speculation last year was that the Jets were all over Hack and that ended up happening. In this case I think Trubisky goes top 3 and the Jets wont have a high enough pick.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Well yes but it will be cost prohibitive when the top 3 spots will likely be held by QB needy teams. I'd rather give up two 1sts and a large contract for Kirk Cousins than another lottery ball.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Good. gently caress this guy.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Interesting take from Matt Miller. I'm aware of his 1 career INT but beyond that I though he was productive.

quote:

When updating my rankings this week in preparation for Monday morning's seven-round mock draft, I noticed that Michigan safety Jabrill Peppers continues to fall down the board. I started him as a top-five player, then he fell to the top 10, then top 15, and now he sits around No. 20. Why the fall?

When watching Peppers play, I'm struck by how little he does on defense. He's a great return man and a fun Wildcat quarterback, but as a linebacker/safety, he has little impact on the game. Part of scouting is being able to look at his traits and project those to an NFL defense; while Peppers is fast, agile and explosive, his production and impact aren't that of a top-tier player.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2684264-matt-millers-week-17-nfl-scouting-notebook

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

He's from Jersey of course they will.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

gently caress it, better than Hack.

https://twitter.com/NFLDraftInsider/status/814957061872242688

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Alaois posted:

He's got insurance if he drops below the 2nd round
Jaylon Smith had insurance as well and it still likely cost him at least $15m guaranteed.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Im still on the Deshaun Watson train but I'd accept LT, CB, or edge rusher.

RB, even if its Fournette, is such a meh pick near the top of the draft.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

So i guess this is where I reiterate that Im on the Deshaun Watson train.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ive already penciled Mike Williams to the Titans. Thats a no brainer.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I don't think there's enough demand at safety to support Peppers going higher than 20. Jamal Adams and Malik Hooker are both well ahead of him as prospects.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I'm seeing a ton of Cam Robinson would be a huge reach in the top half of the first talk. That disappoints me.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

I would be shocked if the Jets trade up.
Same. Not for a QB he wont.

He did try to trade up for Laremy Tunsil when he started dropping but the Giants backed out.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Deshaun Watson has declined his Senior Bowl invite. This could indicate that he thinks he's a lock for a high 1st pick but Teddy also skipped and he fell to the end of the round.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

No one thought teams would spend the draft capital to trade up for Wentz/Goff and here we are.

It's way too early in the process to measure hype + team desperation.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Who's got Insider to post Kiper's Mock 1.0?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

It's pretty sick how well most of them turned out. FWIW here's Mayock's pre-draft positional ranking.

Wide receiver
1. Sammy Watkins, Clemson
2. Mike Evans, Texas A&M
3. Marqise Lee, USC
4. Brandin Cooks, Oregon State
t5. Kelvin Benjamin, Florida State
t5. Jarvis Landry, LSU
t5. Odell Beckham, LSU

e: Of course...

Quarterback
1. Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ehud posted:

Peppers doesn't really know how to play football IMO
Yeah, Matthieu was super productive in college and always around the ball. Peppers has 1 career INT.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/CharleyCasserly/status/827536445359407104

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Fournette and Cook have almost identical 40 times at a 40lb difference.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/JoshNorris/status/838225107768197120

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status/838434901380710400
https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status/838435160211263490

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I'm totally on board with Jamal Adams at #6 if the Jets opt for the QB-less tank season.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Wt

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

poo poo

https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status/840655567945367552

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I would 100% take either Malik Hooker or Jamal Adams at #6 and I don't think it'd even be controversial.

I also don't remember any resistance to Eric Berry either. He was pretty universally thought of as one of the best players in the draft.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

In the not too distant future top prospects are going to quit halfway through the season after they put out enough good tape.
Ahhh the ole Carson Wentz.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Kiper Mock 3.0

1.) Cleveland Browns Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M
Garrett to the Browns has been my pick in the other two mocks, and I'm not changing it. His phenomenal combine performance -- a 4.64 40-yard dash, 41-inch vertical and 10-foot-8 broad jump, all at 6-foot-4, 272 pounds -- locked in his status as the best prospect in this class. Cleveland was 30th in the NFL in sacks last season (26), and Garrett is a brilliant, natural pass-rusher who had 32.5 sacks in three seasons for the Aggies. Don't overthink this pick, Browns; take the top overall prospect.

2.) San Francisco 49ers Solomon Thomas, DL, Stanford
After the 49ers signed veterans Brian Hoyer and Matt Barkley in free agency, I'm moving away from North Carolina signal-caller Mitch Trubisky here. The urgency for the 49ers to pick a QB isn't as high. They could target a developmental prospect in the second or third round (Patrick Mahomes, maybe?) and let him have a redshirt year in 2017. The reality is that San Francisco has many needs on both sides of the ball. Thomas (6-3, 273) is a different kind of player than the D-linemen the 49ers have taken in the first round the past two years (DeForest Buckner and Arik Armstead); he'll get after the quarterback from Day 1.

3.) Chicago Bears Jamal Adams, S, LSU
This might be a high pick for the traditional version of a safety, but Adams is more than that. He's a true hybrid who never has to come off the field, because he can run and cover but also is a beast as an in-the-box defender. His 4.56 40 at the combine was right in line with what I expected. The Bears targeted the secondary in free agency, signing cornerbacks Prince Amukamara and Marcus Cooper and safety Quintin Demps, and the addition of Adams (6-0, 214) would further boost their defensive backfield.

4.) Jacksonville Jaguars Jonathan Allen, DL, Alabama
Jacksonville has put a lot of capital into improving its defensive line -- a No. 3 overall pick on Dante Fowler Jr., (2015) and big-money free-agent contracts to Malik Jackson (2016) and Calais Campbell (2017) -- but Allen is almost too good to pass up at No. 4. In this scenario, Allen (6-3, 286) would probably slot in at tackle next to Jackson, but he could kick outside, too. He's versatile enough to play in a 4-3 or 3-4 defense and rush the passer from the inside or at end. He totaled 22.5 sacks over the past two seasons in Alabama.

5.) Tennessee Titans (from Rams) Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State
In Lattimore, the Titans would get the top cornerback in the draft with the first of their two picks in the top 18. Yes, they gave former Patriots corner Logan Ryan $16 million guaranteed in free agency, but they need bodies. Plus, long-time starter Jason McCourty turns 30 in August and is a free agent in 2018, so Tennessee could move on with a ready-made replacement. Lattimore (6-0, 193) is an athletic phenom who doesn't have a ton of experience -- he ran a 4.36 40 and had a 38.5-inch vertical at the combine, but he started just one season for the Buckeyes.

6.) New York Jets O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama
If the Jets are really going with Josh McCown, Bryce Petty and Christian Hackenberg at quarterback, they're going to need someone to catch passes to try to score some points. At 6-6, 251 pounds, Howard is my top-ranked pass-catcher, even though he wasn't prolific for the Crimson Tide, with just seven touchdowns in his career. He has all of the athletic attributes of a top-tier player, though, and he was one of the most impressive prospects at the combine. There is precedence for a tight end going this high, too -- Vernon Davis (49ers in 2006) and Kellen Winslow Jr. (Browns in 2004) both went No. 6 overall.

7.) Los Angeles Chargers Malik Hooker, S, Ohio State
If Jahleel Addae is the Chargers' in-the-box safety, Hooker (6-1, 206) could be their center fielder. He has incredible range, but like Lattimore, he was a first-year starter for the Buckeyes in 2016. One thing that makes Hooker particularly interesting here is that Los Angeles already has one of the top pass-rushers in the NFL in fellow Buckeyes alum Joey Bosa. Hooker is the type of player who can help a great pass rush produce points going the other way on errant throws.

8.) Carolina Panthers Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU
Jonathan Stewart is 30. Fozzy Whittaker is a part-time back at best. Cameron Artis-Payne hasn't shown much in two seasons. Why not take the draft's best back and put him in the backfield with Cam Newton? He's a special athlete with an incredible combination of size (6-0, 240), speed and power. Fournette can produce from Day 1 in the NFL, and that Carolina offense would become even more scary.

9.) Cincinnati Bengals Takkarist McKinley, OLB, UCLA
The addition of free-agent middle linebacker Kevin Minter makes me think the Bengals won't take Reuben Foster, whom I had going to Cincinnati in Mock Draft 2.0. Pass-rusher is still in play, though, and McKinley is one of the most explosive in this class. At 6-2, 250, he's not huge, but he is suited to play end in today's NFL. Put McKinley in the rotation with Carlos Dunlap, Michael Johnson and Will Clarke, and the Bengals have a stellar foursome.

10.) Buffalo Bills Mike Williams, WR, Clemson
After losing Robert Woods to the Rams in free agency, the Bills have a clear need at receiver. And if Williams falls to No. 10, Buffalo would be getting a guy with a much high ceiling than Woods, not to mention another Clemson wideout to go alongside Sammy Watkins. Williams' pro day moved him back to being my top-ranked receiver. His 40-yard dash was the question, and he ran right around 4.50, which is what he needed. Production wasn't the issue -- Williams (6-4, 218) had 98 catches for 1,361 yards and 11 touchdowns. Quarterback could still be in play here, too, with the Bills committing to Tyrod Taylor with limited guaranteed money.

11.) New Orleans Saints Haason Reddick, LB, Temple
No prospect has risen as much during the pre-draft process as Reddick has. He was fantastic at the Senior Bowl, and he was one of the MVPs of the combine, with a 4.52 40, 36.5-inch vertical and 11-foot-1 broad jump. Reddick's value is in his versatility -- he could play inside or outside in a 4-3 or 3-4, with his hand in the dirt or playing on his feet in space. The Saints have made an effort to improve their 31st-ranked defense in free agency, re-signing Nick Fairley and bringing in A.J. Klein, Manti Te'o and Alex Okafor, and Reddick (6-1, 237) would probably play outside in New Orleans' 4-3.

12.) Cleveland Browns (from Eagles) Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina
This might be the ideal situation for the Browns, getting the top overall prospect at No. 1 (Garrett) and the top quarterback at No. 12. This is assuming they don't use draft capital to trade for Patriots backup Jimmy Garoppolo, who could still be available if the price is right. Trubisky (6-2, 222), who went to high school in Northeast Ohio and is a Cleveland sports fan, completed 68.2 percent of his passes and had 30 touchdown passes and six interceptions in his first season as a starter. The potential is there, but he's green. Trubisky could compete with Cody Kessler and give the Browns some hope for the future.

13.) Arizona Cardinals Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson
Arizona needs a quarterback of the future, and this is a sneaky spot to grab one -- if he's still around. Carson Palmer, 37, showed his age last season, and backup Drew Stanton hasn't proved he's a starting-caliber QB. So now Bruce Arians, who's a brilliant offensive mind, would get Palmer's heir apparent in Watson, who flashes top-five-pick talent at times but was inconsistent in 2016. At 6-2, 221, Watson has the arm strength, toughness and athleticism to play for a long time. He could back up Palmer in the short term while he adjusts gradually to the NFL. Keep an eye on the secondary here, too; the Cardinals lost their two starting safeties plus a corner in free agency.

14.) Philadelphia Eagles (from Vikings) Gareon Conley, CB, Ohio State
The Eagles are in a good spot to get their pick of one of the best cornerbacks in a deep class. Several will be on the board at No. 14 with a potential run on pass-rushers at the top of the first round. Conley, the third member of the Ohio State secondary to be picked so far, is rising after the combine, where he ran a 4.44 40 with a 37.5-inch vertical at 6-0, 195. Defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz needs a new No. 1 corner, and this is a great fit.

15.) Indianapolis Colts Reuben Foster, ILB, Alabama
Let's be clear here: I don't have Foster, a top-five talent, dropping because of his bizarre combine ejection. He's dropping here because not many teams above the Colts at No. 15 need a true inside linebacker. The Bengals and Saints, for instance, have both signed inside linebackers in free agency. Whichever team takes Foster, though, is getting a big-time, sideline-to-sideline defender with All-Pro potential. Indianapolis has done a solid job of upgrading its roster this offseason, and picking Foster (6-0, 229) is another step toward defensive respectability.

16.) Baltimore Ravens Ryan Ramczyk, OT, Wisconsin
This is a strange year for offensive tackles -- there are no top-five-type talents in this class. This is about the range where I expect the first tackle to go. Ramczyk, Cam Robinson and Garett Bolles are all on the board, but I'm going with Ramczyk, who's a better prospect at right tackle. Baltimore has Ronnie Stanley, the No. 6 overall pick in 2016, on the left side, and Ramczyk (6-6, 310) would upgrade the right side over former undrafted free agent James Hurst.

17.) Washington Redskins Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford
Like I mentioned in Mock Draft 2.0: At what point should a team forget about what's conventional and just take the best football player? That's the value in McCaffrey here. The Redskins like Rob Kelley, but McCaffrey brings a different element to the offense as a runner and receiver, and he can be a return man, too. McCaffrey's 4.48 40 and 37.5-inch vertical at the combine eliminated any doubts about his athleticism.

18.) Tennessee Titans John Ross, WR, Washington
Don't you think Marcus Mariota would be elated with this pick? He'd get a true field-stretcher in Ross, whose 4.22 40 broke the combine record. That's something the Titans' offense sorely lacks. Ross (5-11, 188) produces, too -- he had 81 catches for 1,150 yards and 17 touchdowns last season. Tennessee has drafted a good, young core on offense, and it could also target a cornerback or linebacker here and with the No. 5 overall pick.

19.)Tampa Bay Buccaneers Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan
This pick stays the same as Mock Draft 2.0 -- it makes too much sense. Vincent Jackson is gone, and there's an opening opposite Mike Evans. Davis, who had 331 catches for 5,278 yards and 52 touchdowns in his collegiate career, would give Jameis Winston a fantastic second option. The only issue with Davis (6-3, 209) is an ankle issue that kept him out of the combine, and he might not run a 40 before the draft, so scouts won't have a true number. I don't expect him to drop out of the first round, though.

20.) Denver Broncos David Njoku, TE, Miami (Fla.)
Njoku can no longer be considered a sleeper after posting a 4.64 40, 37.5-inch vertical and 11-foot-1 broad jump at the combine. He has the size (6-4, 246) and athleticism to run past and jump over defenders. He will be a weapon in the NFL. Experience is a question -- he's a third-year sophomore who only put it all together down the stretch of the Hurricanes' 2016 season -- but he has a high ceiling. This is another spot in which an offensive tackle could go.

21.) Detroit Lions Charles Harris, DE, Missouri
Pass-rusher and cornerback are the two biggest needs for the Lions, and you can take your pick from a deep class at both positions. Harris (6-3, 253) would give Detroit's D-line a boost -- the Lions had only 26 sacks last season, which ranked 30th in the league. He would play end in Detroit's 4-3, but he could move inside and rush the passer when needed. Harris had nine sacks and two forced fumbles in 2016.

22.) Miami Dolphins Forrest Lamp, OG, Western Kentucky
Laremy Tunsil's expected move to left tackle leaves an opening at guard, and Lamp is the best guard in the draft. He could also move over to right tackle or slide in to center, and his versatility is a plus. Though Lamp (6-4, 309) played in Conference USA, he has the traits to step in and play immediately next season. Miami could also be in play for a linebacker, even with Kiko Alonso locked into a new deal. Florida's Jarrad Davis makes some sense.

23.) New York Giants Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee
The Giants' 2007 and 2011 Super Bowl teams featured a fearsome pass-rushing rotation, and this would be an attempt to build out that rotation again. Jason Pierre-Paul and Olivier Vernon are entrenched as starters -- and they have the big-money deals to show for it -- but they played too many snaps last season. Vernon had more than 1,000, and Pierre-Paul was on his way before a groin injury ended his season in December. Barnett had 33 sacks in three seasons for the Volunteers, and he's an all-around 4-3 end at 6-3, 259 pounds.

24.) Oakland Raiders Tre'Davious White, CB, LSU
D.J. Hayden was a miss at No. 12 overall in 2013, and now the Raiders will be looking for cornerback help on Day 1 or Day 2. Enter White, who has what many of the corner prospects above him don't: experience. A four-year starter for the Tigers, White (5-11,192) could have been a Day 3 pick a year ago but made the right decision to return to school. The Raiders think they're Super Bowl contenders, but corner is a gaping hole headed into 2017.

25.) Houston Texans Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama
The Texans could be in play for a quarterback here after trading away Brock Osweiler, though Tony Romo could find his way to Houston soon if he gets his release from the Cowboys. For now I'm sticking with Robinson at No. 25, even if he'll have no idea whom he's blocking for. Robinson (6-6, 322) has been a known commodity for the Crimson Tide, for whom he was a three-year starter, but he isn't a lock to play left tackle. He's a powerful run-blocker who needs to clean up some things to reach his potential as a pass-blocker.

26.) Seattle Seahawks Kevin King, CB, Washington
Before Sidney Jones' Achilles' injury at the Washington pro day last week, the Huskies had a realistic chance of having two corners taken in the first round of the draft. King (6-3, 200) is a lanky, rangy defender who fits the Seattle mold of bigger defensive backs, and he knows his way around the city. In a great class of cornerbacks, he stands out for his size but can also move, as the 4.43 40 at the combine showed. The Seahawks could be in the market for an offensive tackle on Days 1 and 2 as well.

27.) Kansas City Chiefs Zay Jones, WR, East Carolina
Jeremy Maclin had a down season in 2016, and the Chiefs' top pass-catchers were tight end Travis Kelce and rookie fifth-round pick Tyreek Hill, who's not a true No. 1 wideout. Jones has moved up my board considerably thanks to his performances at the Senior Bowl and combine, where he ran a 4.45 40 and had a 36.5-inch vertical. At 6-2, 201 pounds, he put up huge numbers for the Pirates last season with 158 catches for 1,746 yards and eight touchdowns. Adding Jones would help open up the Chiefs' offense and give Alex Smith a reliable, productive target.

28.) Dallas Cowboys Jabrill Peppers, S, Michigan
Wouldn't this be a Jerry Jones type of pick? Peppers is one of the most well-known prospects in this class, but he's a tweener (5-11, 213) who's polarizing to NFL scouts. The team that drafts him will have to get creative and use him as a hybrid safety who can play the run and cover tight ends. Peppers could also be a great return man. He's a tremendous athlete (4.46 40, 35.5-inch vertical). And Dallas' secondary has been depleted in free agency -- Brandon Carr, Morris Claiborne, Barry Church and J.J. Wilcox are all gone.

29.) Green Bay Packers Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State
Cook's stock is dropping a little bit. He didn't test amazingly at the combine, a couple of shoulder injuries at FSU have worried teams and not many teams in the first round need running backs. But falling to Green Bay here would be considered a great value pick. Green Bay needs a back and will take one at some point -- converted receiver Ty Montgomery is really all it has now -- and Cook (5-10, 210) is one of the best home run hitters out there. Cook gives Aaron Rodgers and the offense some help in the passing game, too.
I came close to giving Green Bay another player here: Oklahoma's Joe Mixon, who is surging up draft boards and might be the most talented back in the entire class. Mixon has notable off-field issues, and some teams will take him off their boards because of that, but I expect him to be picked by end of the second round.

30.) Pittsburgh Steelers Tyus Bowser, OLB, Houston
You might remember Bowser from the time he got in a fight with a teammate and broke an orbital bone the day before a game, but he has made a name for himself from his play on the field, too. He had 8.5 sacks and 12 tackles for loss for the Cougars in only eight games last season. Bowser (6-3, 247) is perfect for a 3-4 team like the Steelers, and he is rising up draft boards after testing incredibly well at the combine with a 4.65 40 and 37.5-inch vertical. Pittsburgh brought back James Harrison, who at 38 could be a mentor to Bowser.

31.) Atlanta Falcons Taco Charlton, DE, Michigan
Charlton falls to Atlanta here in this projection because a 4.92 40 at 6-6, 277 at the combine was concerning. He's still a first-round talent, however, and I suspect the Falcons would be thrilled to put him on the other side of Vic Beasley Jr., who broke out with 15.5 sacks last season, and let him get after quarterbacks. Charlton has long arms (34¼ inches) and active hands and takes ideal angles when rushing the passer.

32.) New Orleans Saints (from Patriots) Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama
The Saints are trying to pry away restricted free-agent corner Malcolm Butler from the Patriots, but until they do, the position is a weak spot on a defense that gave up the most passing yards per game (273.8) last season. Humphrey (6-0 197) has length, strength, speed and good bloodlines (his father is former NFL running back Bobby Humphrey). I had Haason Reddick going to the Saints with their other first-round pick, and I suspect they'd be happy with two defenders who could step in and play on Day 1.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Nope. gently caress Dalvin Cook.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Bengals in on Mixon in the 2nd, according to Pauline.

https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status/847127429793538048
https://twitter.com/TonyPauline/status/847181372598956032

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

fsif posted:

Do it. Do it.
And they already held a hush hush visit with Watson according to Costello. I've read comparisons to the Clausen situation where you just say gently caress it and light a 2nd rounder (Hack) on fire because it's beyond hopeless.

Excited to renew my tickets!

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Dane Brugler's annual draft guide is out. Good for full scouting reports on all the unknown 4-7th rounders you've never heard of.

http://myfootballnews.com/product/2017-Guide

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Brugler said his top 3 RBs are all first round talents so not too controversial. Here are his summaries for each.

Cook posted:

SUMMARY: A two-year starter, Cook is arguably the best running back Florida State has ever produced, owning the two best rushing seasons in school history and
leaving the Seminoles atop most rushing records. When evaluating the running back position, there are two main criteria that translates to the NFL: can you navigate?
And can you create? And Cook is above average in both areas, despite unimpressive testing numbers. He has excellent patience to allow his blockers to do their job
and then times his burst to maximize each run. If defenses give him a crease, he has the vision to find openings and athletic gifts to attack them, making it look easy
due to his feet, balance and spatial awareness. Cook is a dynamic rusher and receiver, but his inconsistency in pass protection and with ball security need improved.
NFL doctors will also need to sign off on his shoulders before a team uses a high pick on him. If the medical staff and front office are comfortable with his long-term
durability and maturity, Cook should be the first running back drafted in the 2017 class – doesn’t receive as high of a grade as Ezekiel Elliott in the 2016 class, but he
projects as an impact weapon from day one.

McCaffrey posted:

SUMMARY: A two-year starter at Stanford, McCaffrey has been one of college football’s premier ballcarriers the past two seasons, showing his versatility rushing,
receiving and returning – led the FBS in all-purpose yards per game in both 2015 (276.0) and 2016 (211.5). Like any talented running back, a good chunk of his
yardage is thanks to an efficient blocking scheme, but it still takes talent to allow those blocks to develop, process all the moving parts and finish with athleticism.
McCaffrey doesn’t have an ideal frame to be a workhorse back between the tackles, but his combination of run intelligence, gifted athleticism and competitive juices
are unique and project well to the NFL – he is the type of athlete where everything seems to come easy for him. McCaffrey is ideally suited for a hybrid offensive role
that highlights his versatility as a rusher and receiver, lining him up in the backfield, in the slot or outside – dynamic playmaker worth a top-20 selection.

Fournette posted:

SUMMARY: A three-year starter in LSU’s power-I offense, Fournette is freakishly gifted with his blend of size, athleticism and power and the NFL hasn’t seen a
running back with his skill-set in quite some time – the closest active NFL comparison in terms of body type and natural ability is Carolina Panthers linebacker Thomas
Davis. Fournette’s package of skills makes him a nightmare for second level defenders once he gets downhill, lowering his pads and barreling through bodies like a
hot knife through butter. While the physical traits are elite, there is more to being productive at the running back position and Fournette needs to improve his
decision-making and tempo once in the NFL, especially when the designed hole doesn’t develop. His reliability in pass protection and as a receiver also require added
development. The long-term diagnosis of his left ankle injury is another variable teams will consider. Overall, Fournette is a first round quality player due to his rare
skill-set, projecting as a featured NFL running back.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Kalli posted:

Cian Fahey really doesn't like this fella (click for a bunch of gifs of this dude sucking.)
Fahey is pro-Trubisky.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Fournette dropping weight.

https://twitter.com/RVacchianoSNY/status/849632274006110208

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

FO did their Playmaker Scores for 2017, which has a spotty track record at best. John Ross and Corey Davis tops.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/nfl-draft/2017/playmaker-score-2017

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

:stare:

https://twitter.com/PSchrags/status/849789267303964672

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Bigass Moth posted:

"He has an ugly girlfriend" has literally been a knock against players before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

We'll that didn't stop the Rams and Eagles from trading assloads of picks for the right to draft Goff and Wentz.

• Locked thread