Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
Holy balls batman. That fury is so clean and long and just perfect in every way. Old Shmopar is the best shmopar. I have a few customers who bring there old mopar to me and its always a pleasure to work on. You have an amazing collection and one of the few yellow cars i would honestly own and drive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Sl1me posted:

Thanks! The problem with mopars is that even a rusted out one with no engine often goes for more than 4 or 5k these days. The only sane prices left are in the C bodies and I think the fury is really the only c body (and only the coupe) looks aggressive enough to justify purchase. The car is disgustingly clean underneath its like it was never driven in salt. The body has a few dings and a tiny bit of repaired rot around the rear window. The only real rust problem is/was in the trunk. It has only worn through in one little spot and I have liberally sprayed it with the VHT rust converter for the time being.

So i once bought a c body mirror for like 3$ in an iowa thrift store. its the passenger side. If you need one for this beauty please let me know and i will send it. I have been trying to figure out a good use. but its for a 70's schmopar c body. same style as yours and everything

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Sl1me posted:

Ok awesome. I know the chrome is fairly pitted on one of the mirrors but I do not recall which one it is. I will take a closeup of my existing mirror to confirm.

I will find mine and do the same.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Sl1me posted:

Yes It is almost certainly the culprit of my 3lb of oil pressure at idle symptoms. It must have gotten starved or improperly installed.

From the looks of the crud it probably had an oil leak. The PO probably didnt know or care and just kept driving anyway. Or used a poo poo oil and topped off infrequently. I found the passenger side mirror at my parents. I was in a rush and forgot to get pictures. It is for the c body. It has a long cable attachment with like 3 wires that leads to a little chrome joystick looking piece. I will get pictures later today.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
Here are some pictures of that mirror. It has the little gasket and all.

Holy cow these photos make me look like i have ham fists. Also just noticed Arlo my kitten photo bombing.

• Locked thread