Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".
Since there are apparently reports of 2.4.3 going live on the bone I'm assuming ps4 will have it this afternoon. So a quick reminder, if you want the cool pets and frames (are those even on console?) you need to solo the Darkening of Tristram even on a new level 1 character.

Additionally, this Friday @ 7pm pacific I am organizing a Darkening of Tristram run followed by a bunch of rifts for the ps4 community. If anyone would like to join, the invite is on the Wolfman Salvage Co. Community page. If this works I might try and organize a bi-weekly/monthly rift event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.

good day for a bris posted:

Since there are apparently reports of 2.4.3 going live on the bone I'm assuming ps4 will have it this afternoon. So a quick reminder, if you want the cool pets and frames (are those even on console?) you need to solo the Darkening of Tristram even on a new level 1 character.

Additionally, this Friday @ 7pm pacific I am organizing a Darkening of Tristram run followed by a bunch of rifts for the ps4 community. If anyone would like to join, the invite is on the Wolfman Salvage Co. Community page. If this works I might try and organize a bi-weekly/monthly rift event.

I will probably be down to do this/help out. Not a member of that community though.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

oh well its open so you can just go look at my communities on the PSN account and join via that. Also, thank for helping me carry my buddy last night, i think it sped up significantly when i gave up on Helltooth and went full on Jade Harvester.

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

oh well its open so you can just go look at my communities on the PSN account and join via that. Also, thank for helping me carry my buddy last night, i think it sped up significantly when i gave up on Helltooth and went full on Jade Harvester.

I'm sad I lost a high end HC character but I always end up as WD because it's safe so it's kind of nice I lost one. I just can't find one of the sets I really like playing though I usually switch between those two and the spider one. Playing my monk with you guys was much more enjoyable. I still need to take care of some stuff in HC but haven't decided what I'm going to play.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Diablo 3 got a PS4 pro patch that added 4k support, is that actual 4k ?

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Diablo 3 got a PS4 pro patch that added 4k support, is that actual 4k ?

I think it is, I don't have a pro but other games seem to get actual 4k, I'm assuming this wouldnt be any different.

Flumpus
Jul 22, 2007
Poking around a little bit, people seem to be saying it looks like it's downsampling that 4k for 1080p screens, which would be really cool! Gonna fire it up and see how it looks... Also see if I can easily figure out how to get into the Diablo 1 thing (I haven't read up on it at all).

Edit: So turns out the Diablo 1 thing is super easy to get into - just a portal in the Old Ruins in Act 1... Jumping back in after at least a year since playing this character, I have no clue what difficulty I should be playing this on (it was on Torment 3 which seemed too low based on running through the first few levels of the dungeon). It's a HC character, so don't want to set it too high and not realize it. I guess I can just step it up until things get uncomfortable.

Flumpus fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jan 5, 2017

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

Flumpus posted:

Poking around a little bit, people seem to be saying it looks like it's downsampling that 4k for 1080p screens, which would be really cool! Gonna fire it up and see how it looks... Also see if I can easily figure out how to get into the Diablo 1 thing (I haven't read up on it at all).

Edit: So turns out the Diablo 1 thing is super easy to get into - just a portal in the Old Ruins in Act 1... Jumping back in after at least a year since playing this character, I have no clue what difficulty I should be playing this on (it was on Torment 3 which seemed too low based on running through the first few levels of the dungeon). It's a HC character, so don't want to set it too high and not realize it. I guess I can just step it up until things get uncomfortable.

You get a special pet for starting a lvl 1 char and going through.

This might be standard for cosmetics (these are first I've gotten in game) but the pet unlocks are shared between HC and SC. Didn't think to check the transmogs. Pets are cool but I don't like how they block icons in inventory.

ExCruceLeo fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jan 5, 2017

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

I logged back into this to see how it looked. Awesome! Just played long enough to see the butcher.

OG music in town was a nice surprise.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Yeah ran thru on a level 1 barbarian, torment 2, with a gem of eased ashbringer and hellfire ring and gauntlets thing took maybe an hour to finish and I was 50 by th3 time I finished. Ive recently been playing Diablo 1 on my old playstation so it was especially fun to just breeze thru after how annoyingly hard that is.

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
Apparently they broke the game for people with large PSN friend lists. Unless they fix it quickly, I'll have to prune my list down to get the event played through in time.

anothergod
Apr 11, 2016

Have any goons picked this up now with the new patch (seasons on console!)?

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

anothergod posted:

A number of people in this thread have already gone through the Old Tristram experience (I did it at T13 with my helltooth witch doctor). Seasons have not been added yet.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

anothergod posted:

Seasons aren't coming until at least summer if I read correctly. I honestly can't wait for that.

Ran the Old Tristram event with a fresh Crusader. Even on Normal I was Lv 34 when it was done. About an hour or so to do.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

anothergod posted:

I did a quick smash and grab through the Tristram event and was honestly a bit disappointed. I guess I just hoped it would feel more like D1. Good on them for even bothering but it wasn't enough to keep things interesting for more than an hour or so

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

I'm on grinding my way through the story mode so I can get arcade mode and do new tristram. Hop in if that interests you, PSN Draecas

Also is rolling or back-dashing actually faster than running? I can't decide if it is.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Good Citizen posted:

I did a quick smash and grab through the Tristram event and was honestly a bit disappointed. I guess I just hoped it would feel more like D1. Good on them for even bothering but it wasn't enough to keep things interesting for more than an hour or so

I don't want to come across like the 95% of people who comment in Diablo forums or reply on Blizzard's Facebook posts (seriously, among the worst loving fan base in terms of being spoiled bitches), but the problem I had was that the bosses weren't distinct enough for me to know they were there. I got a glimpse of the Butcher, but I swear I killed Diablo and the Skeleton King before I realized I was fighting them.

BTW, was there anything other than the dungeon itself? Like, are you supposed to do anything with the corpses of the old NPCs or were they just fan service?

Spam Down B
Oct 1, 2008
Yeah, there's a rotten mushroom that drops from a clickable thing in the dungeon, bring the mushroom to the cauldron which drops a thing, you bring that thing to a specific dead body which drops another thing for someone else, etc. Eventually, you get a blacksmith plan for a vanity item, make it and salvage it, the item you get will tell you the order to click the dead cows, which opens an area, and there is a chest in there.

JuicedSixFo
Mar 16, 2007
I picked this up for PS4 because the sale price was too good to pass up. From what I've been told, the game really "starts" at 70 when you can start doing bounties and rifts. Most of the googling I've done about leveling up quickly talks about Adventure Mode... Do I need to play through the whole story first?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

JuicedSixFo posted:

I picked this up for PS4 because the sale price was too good to pass up. From what I've been told, the game really "starts" at 70 when you can start doing bounties and rifts. Most of the googling I've done about leveling up quickly talks about Adventure Mode... Do I need to play through the whole story first?

If you need a carry just say the world, any one of us will be happy to kill the final boss for you and unlock adventure mode for you.

JuicedSixFo
Mar 16, 2007

Alteisen posted:

If you need a carry just say the world, any one of us will be happy to kill the final boss for you and unlock adventure mode for you.

I only just started, do I have to work up to Act 5 or just accept and invite/join a game, get the final boss killed, and then have adventure mode?

sorry for taking up thread space with noob stuff

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

JuicedSixFo posted:

I only just started, do I have to work up to Act 5 or just accept and invite/join a game, get the final boss killed, and then have adventure mode?

sorry for taking up thread space with noob stuff

Just accept an invite, let me see if I have the game installed and I'll help you.

Edit: Add me, I'm Lin Kurosawa, I'll open up Adventure for you.

Waiting on you amigo, ready to go.

Alteisen fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jan 8, 2017

JuicedSixFo
Mar 16, 2007
Awesome, thanks. I believe I sent one, if not, I'm on as juicedsixfo

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Congrats you beat the game.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

If youre on ps4, please remember to post your psn names and/or join the Wolfman Salvage Co. Community. We've had a good amount of activity lately and Im hoping to get enough going for weekly events or something similar.

JuicedSixFo
Mar 16, 2007

Alteisen posted:

Congrats you beat the game.

Nice! thanks again

If youre on ps4, please remember to post your psn names and/or join the Wolfman Salvage Co. Community. We've had a good amount of activity lately and Im hoping to get enough going for weekly events or something similar.

psn: juicedsixfo – and joined up

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i wouldnt say im active anymore but i do play from time to time. you can add me at super_aggro_crag

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Spam Down B posted:

Yeah, there's a rotten mushroom that drops from a clickable thing in the dungeon, bring the mushroom to the cauldron which drops a thing, you bring that thing to a specific dead body which drops another thing for someone else, etc. Eventually, you get a blacksmith plan for a vanity item, make it and salvage it, the item you get will tell you the order to click the dead cows, which opens an area, and there is a chest in there.

Well crap. I got the mushroom but didn't do anything with it because I just wanted to finish the dungeon. When I went back to town, the corpses were gone.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

Well crap. I got the mushroom but didn't do anything with it because I just wanted to finish the dungeon. When I went back to town, the corpses were gone.

You can create a new game to do it.

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

glassyalabolas posted:

You can create a new game to do it.

Also if all you want is the cow pet someone can open the portal for you. I don't know if there's a missable achievement for it though.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I want more pets, I have a baby siegebreaker but want more poo poo, what's the easiest way to farm them?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

im not sure if you really can farm them due to dropping from randomly spawned goblins. you can get the two new pets from the tristram event easily though.

drill press corps
Sep 28, 2007

Only my friends can call me Pigfucker.
I joined the community. In as NomnomFirestar. I have a whirlybarb. She is an angry lawnmower. I plan to make a DH next as soon as I get the second hand bows level restriction removed.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Awesome! posted:

im not sure if you really can farm them due to dropping from randomly spawned goblins. you can get the two new pets from the tristram event easily though.

actually can we dupe pets? i think they changed it in the last patch so they arent really items you move around anymore so im not sure

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I just joined the community. Picked this game up on sale, having fun ripping poo poo up with my Crusader in adventure mode.

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I keep losing lvl 70 HC characters to being dumb and trying to push too soon. It seems drops are worse in HC. I don't remember running lvl 25 gr's in SC and not getting a single legendary.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Finally got the last piece of the leap quake set for my barbarian and I was wondering if anyone had a spare Ring of Might or Blade of the Tribes they can trade. I got a ton of set pieces for just about every class so I'm willing to trade just about anything for it.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Finally got the last piece of the leap quake set for my barbarian and I was wondering if anyone had a spare Ring of Might or Blade of the Tribes they can trade. I got a ton of set pieces for just about every class so I'm willing to trade just about anything for it.

I thought legendaries like Blade of the Tribes were bind on account?

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Byers2142 posted:

I thought legendaries like Blade of the Tribes were bind on account?

Not on console, at least till seasons. One of the "big" features of the console version is the mail system where you can send loot to other players. I've helped friends farm up gear for their classes before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Not on console, at least till seasons. One of the "big" features of the console version is the mail system where you can send loot to other players. I've helped friends farm up gear for their classes before.

I might have a Blades for you, then. I'm on my lunch break, I'll jump on and see. Byers2142, same name as on the forums.