Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Quote-Unquote posted:

Oh, I'm PSN herr_pink by the way. I'm playing this game again as a friend just got into it.

I can take you from 1-70 in under ten minutes if anyone wants to power level!

MY DUDE

This is Brownview, I just got d3 a little bit ago. I'll take a few billion off your hands if all that gold is slowing you down on speed runs. On weekdays I get online around midnight your time at the earliest though, so I doubt we can get together until the weekend. I'd be down to do/get carried through rifts or bounties or whatever sometime too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

poor life choice posted:

MY DUDE

This is Brownview, I just got d3 a little bit ago. I'll take a few billion off your hands if all that gold is slowing you down on speed runs. On weekdays I get online around midnight your time at the earliest though, so I doubt we can get together until the weekend. I'd be down to do/get carried through rifts or bounties or whatever sometime too.

You are now 18,000,000,000 richer.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Quote-Unquote posted:

You are now 18,000,000,000 richer.

:eyepop: Thanks, Destiny friend.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".
Supposedly, season 10 starts March 31st. If that true I'm sincerely hoping ps4/bone will get seasons then as well.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

good day for a bris posted:

Supposedly, season 10 starts March 31st. If that true I'm sincerely hoping ps4/bone will get seasons then as well.

That is the season for consoles, iirc seasons last three months and didn't the current season start in feb?

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Seasons don't actually have a set time frame. They usually are 3 months but the date is speculation right now. They haven't really said whether or not it'll included console seasons but the thought process was season 10 would start on both so who knows?

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

So I guess it wasn't speculation. Confirmation of season end date here: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20570422/season-9-ending-soon-3-3-2017

Still no official word on console seasons though.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Oops, crossposting since I'm a dirty Xbone Plebeian.

I just bought this game because all other games are bad. Me and another guy are brand new to the game and the franchise. Story seems a bit poop and also constantly referencing past events maybe?

Anyway, I'm a Wizard and he's a Monk. We have another friend that logged 300+ hours that wants to play with us but he always brings his ridiculously overpowered motherfucker and it ruins the game.

Anything a brand new person should now? Do I really want to be using a high attack sword/crossbow or whatever instead of a low attack magic wand, even as a wizard? It seems that the equipped weapon doesn't actually get used since I just chuck magic blasts out my face.

I'm about 2 hours in and it's fun.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
You can ignore the story if you want. Demons tried to invade, Brave Heroes killed them and stopped it, that is happening again and honestly that's probably more than you need to know. You can probably tell who is going to get killed by the plot, and who is going to betray you.

I think that early on you can use whatever comes with the most damage, because you don't have access to all of the stats yet. Later on, you absolutely will want a class-specific weapon, not because of the sheer damage numbers but because it will give you class-specific bonuses, as well as the attack speed, critical hit chance/damage, and other stats you want to multiply your damage to stupid levels. As you start seeing these things, prioritise them but obviously not at the expense of having really under-levelled gear.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

So Console Season 10 has been confirmed.

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20631435/first-look-season-10-3-17-2017

Blizzard posted:

Seasons Arrive on Console

If you’ve been waiting to experience a fresh start for your console characters, you’re in luck! For the first time, those who own the PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game will be able to discover the fun of Seasons, including unique rewards and the Season Journey. We’ll have more details on the specific ins and outs of how Seasons work on console soon, so be sure to stay tuned!

I've updated the OP with the time and date, and will put instructions for how to start a seasonal character once they let us know how it's supposed to work.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I'm playing tons and tons of this poo poo on Xbox One. Add me if you want to get some sweet legendaries in the mail.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong
First install on my external was Diablo for this. Can't wait!

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Got a possibly stupid set of questions... I had the PS3 version and me and my girlfriend played it through together a year or so ago, got a few nicely developed characters. I recently got Reaper on PS4 and imported the save, but it will only let "me" (my PS4 login) pick the old characters, if she plays alongside me she has to log in as the secondary PS4 account and play a new character. Am I missing something simple, can I just have another person join in on the same console and pick one of my other characters, or do they have to develop their own guest characters?

(At the risk of sounding like the old man I am, I really do miss the good old days, where you'd just have two controllers plugged in, and a mate could just press start and play the game. None of this make a new account, name, pick an avatar, make your own characters rubbish)

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Marmaduke! posted:

Got a possibly stupid set of questions... I had the PS3 version and me and my girlfriend played it through together a year or so ago, got a few nicely developed characters. I recently got Reaper on PS4 and imported the save, but it will only let "me" (my PS4 login) pick the old characters, if she plays alongside me she has to log in as the secondary PS4 account and play a new character. Am I missing something simple, can I just have another person join in on the same console and pick one of my other characters, or do they have to develop their own guest characters?

(At the risk of sounding like the old man I am, I really do miss the good old days, where you'd just have two controllers plugged in, and a mate could just press start and play the game. None of this make a new account, name, pick an avatar, make your own characters rubbish)

No, this is really how it works. You may be able to migrate a character via USB but i doubt it.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

I'm excited for seasons even though I don't 100% understand them. Never done them before even though I played D2 and D3 on PC before migrating to PS4.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Grey Fox posted:

I'm excited for seasons even though I don't 100% understand them. Never done them before even though I played D2 and D3 on PC before migrating to PS4.

Just your luck, I've updated the OP with the explanation straight from the horse's mouth Blizzard.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

The new armoury is sweet. No longer necessary to have multiple characters of the same class in order to not have to spend ages every time you feel like switching build!

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I still play from time to time and will definitely be trying out seasons. Feel free to add me, Xbone GT: ahicze.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Anyone see a Primal on a console yet? I'm coming up with squat

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Anyone see a Primal on a console yet? I'm coming up with squat

I got one last night out of several hundred legendary items.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Quote-Unquote posted:

I got one last night out of several hundred legendary items.

So they look super obvious when looking at them?

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Maker Of Shoes posted:

So they look super obvious when looking at them?

Yeah they have red borders

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.
So are crafting materials not shareable between characters? My HC characters have different amount of them and I didn't see a place to stash them.

Flumpus
Jul 22, 2007
They're not shareable between HC and SC, but you can put them in your shared chest in town and then any of your HC characters should be able to access them.

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

Flumpus posted:

They're not shareable between HC and SC, but you can put them in your shared chest in town and then any of your HC characters should be able to access them.

I don't see that option anymore.

Flumpus
Jul 22, 2007

ExCruceLeo posted:

I don't see that option anymore.

Oh, weird, you're right, I just loaded it up and saw the tooltip about it not taking up space anymore. Just checked two of my HC characters, and they have the same number of crafting supplies in their inventory, so it seems like the sharing without the shared chest is working ok for mine.

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

Ah maybe it was adding mats as I switched characters so the number was changing. Good to know because that would make HC a pain.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Do you have to be level 70 to obtain keystones? I want to do greater rifts on my new guy but he doesn't seem to be getting the stones from nephs.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Do you have to be level 70 to obtain keystones? I want to do greater rifts on my new guy but he doesn't seem to be getting the stones from nephs.

Yes you do. Greater rifts can't be run if you're under 70 so they won't drop.

jymbojones
Jul 4, 2010
Any idea on how Haedrig's Gift is going to work with couch co-op? I mean, if my girlfriend, roommate, and myself do the required steps to get the armor sets will we all get them or just "Player 1" (in this case, me.)

justinoid
Nov 16, 2005

Ass Gas or Grass, No one rides for free
I plan on playing this on PS4 again when Seasons come out later this week. I've currently got a bunch of Softcore characters and at least 1 Lvl 70 Barbarian Hardcore character. If any other PS4 players want someone to team up with, feel free to add me on PSN: Justinoid418

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007
I've been playing a ton of D3 on PS4 lately and I'll be playing more when the season starts. I only have HC characters though. My PSN: blizzard_six

I also joined the PSN community but it seems dead?

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

So I have a demon hunter almost entirely decked out in primal legendary gear now.

Yeah I've probably been playing this game too much.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Quote-Unquote posted:

So I have a demon hunter almost entirely decked out in primal legendary gear now.

Yeah I've probably been playing this game too much.

Or I have the worst RNG ever. I haven't found a single piece.

:negative:

Can reforging yield primals?

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong
Does the season drop tonight at midnight?

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

North America: Friday, March 31 @ 5:00 p.m. PDT
Europe: Friday, March 31 @ 5:00 p.m. CET
Asia: Friday, March 31 @ 5:00 p.m. KST

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Disillusionist posted:

I've been playing a ton of D3 on PS4 lately and I'll be playing more when the season starts. I only have HC characters though. My PSN: blizzard_six

I also joined the PSN community but it seems dead?

I put together the new community in hopes of it picking up when seasons came out so I wouldn't count it as dead...yet.

That said season 10 starts during an insane game month for me between Destiny's Age of Triumph, Dark Souls' Ringed City, and Persona 5.

But I will play, dammit!

Neron
Jan 14, 2008

Should the season be live now on consoles in EU? All I'm seeing is "season ended" on my character screen

Neron fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Mar 31, 2017

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Neron posted:

Should the season be live now on consoles? All I'm seeing is "season ended" on my character screen

Apparently, region based start times are PC only, so we poor EUs have to wait till tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neron
Jan 14, 2008

Boo. Oh well, back to Witcher 3 it is