Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I've hit a stone wall on my DH at GR69 after a few attempts. I feel 'done' with this character (for now) and want to start a WD but I want to finish 70 for primals so I'm stuck farming.

My gear is ok I have a Travelers set, a manticore, zoey, cubed hellcat,rucksack, and dawn but I get blown the gently caress up everytime I run out of discipline. There really isn't any one item I need just better rolls.

I think my biggest upgrade is getting one of the follower legendaries so they don't die .1 seconds into a fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

TrustmeImLegit posted:

I think my biggest upgrade is getting one of the follower legendaries so they don't die .1 seconds into a fight.
upgrading rares tends to have a pretty good success rate on this for me. there are only a few of those special mods for that slot.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".
So I have been attempted to do this season from scratch with people around my level, but Persona has eaten so much of my time I think it's probably not gonna happen anytime soon.

So if you're on PS4, feeling generous, and see me online playing Diablo and don't mind exercising those broad shoulders I wouldn't mind a carry.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I actually managed to master the Inna dungeon with one second to spare :stare:

Still, it was not fun and I am honestly surprised that poo poo isn't optional.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Also I just had the game bug out big time twice, each time it happened when I had the season tracker open and was forced to area transition, like when accepting a greater ritft. The screen becomes grayed out and the game stops reponding to any inputs (but still runs fine). Could be just an Xbone bug.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
So is the only reward for the lesson level accomplishment stuff after 4 just portrait frames? What's the goal of grinding these things out, just leaderboard things?

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
On PC the 8th chapter (conqueror) gives an extra stash tab. The 9th (guardian) gives a much cooler looking hellfire portrait and bragging rights.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I stupidly picked Crusader for this season. I've got 4/6 of the set, but I can't do the Solo 20GR because my build fuckin' sucks I guess. I don't die, but I can't get enough damage out in time. Anyone got a build that'll work?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

kirbysuperstar posted:

I stupidly picked Crusader for this season. I've got 4/6 of the set, but I can't do the Solo 20GR because my build fuckin' sucks I guess. I don't die, but I can't get enough damage out in time. Anyone got a build that'll work?

http://www.icy-veins.com/d3/crusader-holy-hammerdin-build-with-blessed-hammer-and-seeker-of-the-light-patch-2-5-season-10

Owns owns owns

Kenzo
Jun 29, 2004

Tekseta!

This. I've got this build mostly put together and I'm crushing g40 rifts.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".
So I picked out and got a chest piece drop and a RRG early on in my season so I absolutely crushed everything. I gotta say, the buffs to Zunimassa's makes playing a pet Witch Doctor much better.

I'm currently running all fire skills with a cubed Magefist, a Hellfire Amulet with Confidence Ritual, and a Staff of Chiroptera. I'm tearing thru torment 7 no problem.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I play on Xbox One, and linked my profile to a battle.net account, but trying to view my profile on bnet gives me a 500 Internal Server error.

Google led me to the "Known Issues" page on bnet forums, where it has been a known issue since... 2014? Is it seriously impossible for Xbone players to use the battle.net profile feature?

EDIT: drat, I guess it makes sense, since the data doesn't live in the battle.net servers.

So... no point at all in Linking Account, it seems.

GoGoGadgetChris fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Apr 10, 2017

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

on ps4 i think linking gives you a twink legendary ring on each non season character you make so you probably get that too

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Rikimaru posted:

This. I've got this build mostly put together and I'm crushing g40 rifts.

Thanks, that helped. Still needed some gear/gem rejiggering but I got GR20 done and got the rest of the set :unsmith:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
As someone who has only finished D3 once on PC, how is it that people are able to run through the seasons so fast on torment difficulties.

I was reading about the seasons and it seems you start from scratch, yet the higher difficulties say you need high class gear to play better. Is it just a case of having played so many hours that you are able to get around the difficulty by being good? (I'm really sorry if these are basic questions.)

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

kirbysuperstar posted:

Thanks, that helped. Still needed some gear/gem rejiggering but I got GR20 done and got the rest of the set :unsmith:

It's a very good build that's really easy to use. I've got one in non seasonal that's pushing GR75 with plenty of room to grow.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Inna's set for monks gets hilarious with the boots that give you two mystic allies insteas of one, it gives you 10 instead of 5.

Glad seaaons finally came out, my normal save is all kinds of russian due to the early days of getting dragged through rank 140+ grifts.

I'm still slowly gearing up my monk for a inna's build at the moment, anyone got any other good items that mesh with it?(currently rocking the channeling shoulders and running everywhere firing off allies every 10 or so seconds due to obsidian ring of the zodiac)

Add me on psn for funtimes. Psn name is AzMiLion.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

VideoGames posted:

As someone who has only finished D3 once on PC, how is it that people are able to run through the seasons so fast on torment difficulties.

I was reading about the seasons and it seems you start from scratch, yet the higher difficulties say you need high class gear to play better. Is it just a case of having played so many hours that you are able to get around the difficulty by being good? (I'm really sorry if these are basic questions.)

General power creep is one part of it but you also get a free class set when you complete the first leg of the season journey (which is really simple and fast).

AzMiLion posted:

Inna's set for monks gets hilarious with the boots that give you two mystic allies insteas of one, it gives you 10 instead of 5.

I'm still slowly gearing up my monk for a inna's build at the moment, anyone got any other good items that mesh with it?(currently rocking the channeling shoulders and running everywhere firing off allies every 10 or so seconAds due to obsidian ring of the zodiac)

You need Lefebvres shoulders, Spirit Guards bracers and Bindings of the Lesser Gods cubed. I got all of them, some even acient and well rolled and I am running into a wall at around grift 65, I just don't seem to have the toughness or damage.

Yet this build is apparently capable of 90+ so I must be doing something wrong...

SumTingWong
Feb 11, 2015
above grift 65 or so, remember to use a unity on you, one on your follower with the item that makes them immortal. this doubles your toughness.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Thanks for the advice, i was thinking of grabbing the bracers of lesser gods, travelers, and 2 pieces of sunwoko adding to what i have, and then gem for channeling armor and pet damage and just runnig around with tempst rush and sweeping winds for a pile of damage reduction, grabbing the damage from the gems and the bracers an sunwoko.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

SumTingWong posted:

above grift 65 or so, remember to use a unity on you, one on your follower with the item that makes them immortal. this doubles your toughness.

Does that still extend in multiplayer when your follower isn't with you?

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

xxEightxx posted:

Does that still extend in multiplayer when your follower isn't with you?

No.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Unless you can convince your good pal Quote-Unquote with his 400 million sheet armour monk to wear a unity ring.
(You probably can't; it'd totally gently caress my build)

SumTingWong
Feb 11, 2015

Quote-Unquote posted:

Unless you can convince your good pal Quote-Unquote with his 400 million sheet armour monk to wear a unity ring.
(You probably can't; it'd totally gently caress my build)

which wouldn't help with the 70 grift solo challenge anyway :P

actually, do you have to do it solo to get primals to drop? I know for the challenge you do, but hmmm

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.

SumTingWong posted:

which wouldn't help with the 70 grift solo challenge anyway :P

actually, do you have to do it solo to get primals to drop? I know for the challenge you do, but hmmm

Yes it has to be solo.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
What happens to season heroes after the season ends?

I made a hardcore witch doctor and I really didn't think the game would feel so different with that possibility of losing the character always present. It's way more fun again. Of course running a couple save my rear end abilities versus pure damage. Spirit walk and that one passive that saves you. Haven't had to use the passive yet, but I was running hard up to lv35 and just switched to expert.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

they turn into regular characters

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Sweet

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

inferis posted:

they turn into regular characters

It remembers all my cubed stuff right?

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Everything seasonal is transferred to non-seasonal. Stuff in your seasonal stash is "mailed" to you. You claim it via a button on the interface one or many pieces at a time. You can also just delete it. Nothing is lost unless you explicitly delete it.

This is how it works on PC.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Well, the next step in the season journey is completing one challange from the list. The only sane one is the 3 level 60 legendary gems it seems.

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

Anyone on PS4 clearing XIII bounties? This poo poo is boring/time consuming by myself and I need to reforge a bunch of legendaries. I will do TX or whatever also. ExCruceLeo

Edit: Watched some Necro play and it looks pretty sweet. Can't wait for that to come out.

ExCruceLeo fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Apr 12, 2017

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Diablo 3 is currently on sale on the Xbone for those on the fence about it still.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/diablo-iii-reaper-of-souls-ultimate-evil-edition/c2r5r5p2df3c

Very good price.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
And it will very likely go back up to 60 bucks and stay there until the holiday sale.

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

ExCruceLeo posted:

Anyone on PS4 clearing XIII bounties? This poo poo is boring/time consuming by myself and I need to reforge a bunch of legendaries. I will do TX or whatever also. ExCruceLeo

Edit: Watched some Necro play and it looks pretty sweet. Can't wait for that to come out.

I could get on and help you out with this, though probably not tonight. I'm "daver3k" and a member of our D3 community on PSN, so you can find me there.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
If i drop into your game and play terribly while not saying anything then sorry, I'm probably just drunk and remote playing on my vita while watching something else. Truly the best way to play.

Also yay I can finally solo TXIII

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

Good Citizen posted:

If i drop into your game and play terribly while not saying anything then sorry, I'm probably just drunk and remote playing on my vita while watching something else. Truly the best way to play.

Also yay I can finally solo TXIII

I switch back and forth between my geared character to collect blood shards and ungeared. So I'm always in and out.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Got my witch doctor decently geared for chicken farming and hot drat T9 and down is basically just sprinting through rifts.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

Got my witch doctor decently geared for chicken farming and hot drat T9 and down is basically just sprinting through rifts.

Me too chicken buddy, and I finally got a sacred harvester to drop too. Although it's a crappy one, and I still don't have any gifts. I'm going to see how fast I can do T-XI tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

Fingers McGee posted:

Me too chicken buddy, and I finally got a sacred harvester to drop too. Although it's a crappy one, and I still don't have any gifts. I'm going to see how fast I can do T-XI tonight.

If you could trade I would give you one. I've been seeing a bunch recently.