Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

omg chael crash posted:

Waro, I’m going to kick your rear end

You have to reinstall the games we play first bud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I actually use to play this all the time on PS4 but then bought it on Switch and never went back. I could probably power level you on PS4 if you want but I won’t end up playing much

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

omg chael crash posted:

I actually use to play this all the time on PS4 but then bought it on Switch and never went back. I could probably power level you on PS4 if you want but I won’t end up playing much

:(

if you see me on.

So how long is it inbetween seasons and what do you do? just grind rifts?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Well there is a new season starting this Friday at 5PM PST / 8PM EST and I'll be on grinding away if anyone wants to group up

PSN: Waroduce

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

Looking to Buy a McLaren, Anyone Selling One .... Cheap?
I've been pushing GR100 and speeding GR90 with Waroduce. We could use another support if anyone is looking for a group.

PSN: SirAnkie

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Probably a longshot but I have a group of guys doing hardcore season 21 on Xbox. Pushing 90, easily speedrunning t16 rifts. Join the fun

XBL: Illmatikk

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Poasty posted:

Probably a longshot but I have a group of guys doing hardcore season 21 on Xbox. Pushing 90, easily speedrunning t16 rifts. Join the fun

XBL: Illmatikk

gently caress man I play hardcore Xbox seasonal every single season and it's always solo because that's a community of low 3 digits across the globe

I got suckered into softcore this season but if you'll allow me to Hoover up some Loot I'd happily jump ship

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

gently caress man I play hardcore Xbox seasonal every single season and it's always solo because that's a community of low 3 digits across the globe

I got suckered into softcore this season but if you'll allow me to Hoover up some Loot I'd happily jump ship

Yeah shoot me a message I'll level up my GoE and get you sorted out

Edit: also, not everyone is where I'm at right now, some guys are still getting their sets and stuff so it's not like you'd be far behind. Some of the guys are still pretty new to hardcore diablo in general so it's not a super serious thing

Sex Farm fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jul 14, 2020

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Poasty posted:

Yeah shoot me a message I'll level up my GoE and get you sorted out

Edit: also, not everyone is where I'm at right now, some guys are still getting their sets and stuff so it's not like you'd be far behind. Some of the guys are still pretty new to hardcore diablo in general so it's not a super serious thing

Thanks friend! I just added you. My GT is "Pro Gun Control". Any time that you'd be able to juice my guy up a bit, I'd greatly appreciate it :-)

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
So I'm playing D3 on switch -- do I need to do a single run of the campaign at all to unlock anything, or can I just make a seasonal dude and start adventure moding?

gariig
Dec 31, 2004
Beaten into submission by my fiance
Pillbug

please knock Mom! posted:

So I'm playing D3 on switch -- do I need to do a single run of the campaign at all to unlock anything, or can I just make a seasonal dude and start adventure moding?

Can start adventure mode without needing to beat the campaign

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I also just picked up D3 for the Switch because apparently I'm gonna be home for months and months, and that same question but different: can I run seasonal stuff solo and make my progression while doing co-op with my wife through the campaign? I don't want to spoil too much or make it too hard too quick for her (well, for both of us, this is a first for me too)

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

Seasonal and non-seasonal characters are completely separate. You can create a non-seasonal character to relax and play through the game co-op with your wife, and a seasonal character to enjoy seasonal play. That is probably the most straight-forward way to accomplish what you're looking to do.

Omnikin posted:

I also just picked up D3 for the Switch because apparently I'm gonna be home for months and months, and that same question but different: can I run seasonal stuff solo and make my progression while doing co-op with my wife through the campaign? I don't want to spoil too much or make it too hard too quick for her (well, for both of us, this is a first for me too)

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...
I have a general season question for you all.

My gf and I have been co-oping this latest season, me as a witch doctor and her as a barbarian. We just finished chapter 3, so we both have 4 pieces of the set. I've seen that without a double damage globe, I'm doing roughly 2 billion damage or so with my haunts. If I'm in a rift, I can do upwards of 16 billion damage if I have a power pylon and double damage. We've done seasons before, and usually get to torment 6 or 7 before dying (we play hardcore).

So my question is this: with just the 4 pieces of the set, along with a couple of legendaries (double haunt one for example), what level of torment can I be on reliably without getting my rear end killed instantly if I get stuck in a bad place? I feel like I could bump up the difficulty quite a bit, I'm just worried I could insta-die from a couple bad hits or getting stuck in an arcane beam or something. With my haunts, we kill bosses/elites as soon as my second haunt lands, so I know I can do enough damage. I just don't want to die and start over right now.

Edit: And I don't want to bump up the difficult to the point where my gf's barb is useless and could die quickly either.

Daemonqueller
Aug 16, 2004

You should be able to get through T1 through T4. You need GR20 clear solo for your 6pc Haedrig. I found it easier to run T1 a few times until I cant upgrade my gems any longer, then start bumping up the difficulty until I get my 6 piece finished.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Can’t find a super clear answer- how does trading Haedrig’s Gift work? I’m running a seasonal DH but would love to get the full set for my established Crusader. Can I not trade until after the season ends?

Obvi this is my first go at this

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

You can just farm bounties with your DH. Store the chests in your stash, switch to your Crusader and then open them since all gear is shared between seasonal characters (but hardcore and softcore are separate).

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017
On your DH, leave the Haedrig's gift in your mail. Open the mail on your Crusader.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I kinda get it. So once the DH rolls over to a normal character I can steal poo poo for my softcore Crusader. Or start a level 1 Crusader & open the gifts, then transfer after season. Easy

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

Omnikin posted:

I kinda get it. So once the DH rolls over to a normal character I can steal poo poo for my softcore Crusader. Or start a level 1 Crusader & open the gifts, then transfer after season. Easy

Seasonal and non-seasonal are currently separate; when the season ends, all seasonal gear and characters become non-seasonal, and you can access the items you gained in-season with your non-seasonal characters. Hardcore and softcore are forever and always separate, and there is no way to take Haedrig's Gift from a Hardcore character and give it to a softcore character, ever, no matter what you do. I'm not sure if that's what you were asking, but I thought I'd spell it out just in case.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I had planned to throw the gifts at my non-seasonal softcore Crusader because he was my first char and... well that's it I guess. Now I kinda like the DH so I might just keep the gifts there.

No hardcore yet but the plan currently is to start a couple HC characters in the middle of October and try to survive until Halloween (co-op with wife, who I very much expected to not like this game but is rapidly picking it up).

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

Season 22 is started and it's pretty drat fun thus far - the seasonal buffs are a fourth slot in Kanai's Cube which is a wildcard (can be any extractable power) and a shadow clone whenever you pull a pylon or shrine which does pretty excellent damage.

I'm currently playing on PS4; if you're needing a power level and a few greater rift runs to get a character started, I'm happy to help out. I'm in EST (GMT -5) and generally play in the evenings - availability is around 1700-2200 or so.

I'll probably spin up a character on the Switch soon; if anyone is around to provide a power level or just start the season together, that would be swell.

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

A fun seasonal theme would be the ability to equip extra legendary gems. Placing them in any gem slot would be OP, but being able to equip any five, or perhaps in your weapons in addition to your jewelry would be interesting.

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

I'm super-dumb for this game and rolled up seasonal characters on Xbox and Switch as well, so if there's anyone here looking to play, I'm currently active on all three console platforms. I'm 70 everywhere but as of today probably only able to powerlevel on PS4.

Edit - can power level on all three platforms.

becoming fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Dec 9, 2020

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I just picked this up for the first time in 2021 and rolled a barbarian like a dummy because I liked playing the barbarian in hots. I don't mind the fury mechanic but she just seems, boring, right? I got to somewhere around Deckard getting hosed on in act 1 around level 20 and decided to reroll a wizard and it's a lot more enjoyable. I also realised my second hand switch joycon is having an issue being a single joycon so I cant play local coop until I either fix it or buy a second controller but tbh I'm not too stressed since it seems like playing with a single joycon would be an incredible chore.

Any good starter tips for someone who barely played D2? Apart from 'dont roll barbarian'

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I just picked this up for the first time in 2021 and rolled a barbarian like a dummy because I liked playing the barbarian in hots. I don't mind the fury mechanic but she just seems, boring, right? I got to somewhere around Deckard getting hosed on in act 1 around level 20 and decided to reroll a wizard and it's a lot more enjoyable. I also realised my second hand switch joycon is having an issue being a single joycon so I cant play local coop until I either fix it or buy a second controller but tbh I'm not too stressed since it seems like playing with a single joycon would be an incredible chore.

Any good starter tips for someone who barely played D2? Apart from 'dont roll barbarian'

Barns are awesome and fun as poo poo, but lots of classes don’t get the ‘feel’ until a bit later. Once you start figuring out how to zip through the lower levels it makes sense. Wizards are also fun as poo poo. One thing, always play seasonal, there’s no reason not too and so many benefits even just casually.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
This thread is going to be moving to Games.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Best tip is the story mode isn’t the game, it’s not even a tutorial. End game is the game. Doing rifts and adventure mode poo poo is where it gets good. It really clicked for me once I realized that. Because items are so influential on builds you want to get legendaries and sets as fast as possible and start pushing keystone levels. That’s the meat of the game.

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Barbarian, like all of the classes, has several viable builds, most of which play very different from one another - which is to say that you shouldn't write off any class based on just a few hours of play, especially confined to Act I of the main story. You might really wind up liking whirlybarb or IK HotA or who knows what, just like you might wind up hating Typhon Frost Nova Wizard.

Generally speaking, folks that are still playing Diablo 3 are playing the seasons; season 22 is about to wrap up if it hasn't already, and presumably season 23 will start a few weeks after that. The season journey gives a pretty good progression/roadmap to follow, and the guaranteed six-piece set is an enormous power spike which will allow you to mow down higher difficulty levels with higher loot drop rates, which will allow you to better equip your character, which will allow you to tackle higher difficulty...

There are a lot of little things that are best tackled with an experienced partner - D3, especially adventure mode, really benefits from having a guide that can quickly answer the fifty or a hundred little questions that will pop up. If you don't have that guide and don't want to find one here on the forums, Icy Veins is a reasonably good resource.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

The actual story seems relatively easy, there's some neckbeardy number questions I have about the game but i can't crank the difficulty anymore and I mostly am just blasting around seeing the plot do it's thing so when I start thinking about adventure mode I'll start looking into it. Is there any point looking for goons to play with or does the level/knowledge disparity mean it'd be way too much of a chore? As for the barbarian I will go back to her eventually but I'm looking forward to messing around with most of the classes before I do.

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Feb 24, 2021

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

The actual story seems relatively easy, there's some neckbeardy number questions I have about the game but i can't crank the difficulty anymore and I mostly am just blasting around seeing the plot do it's thing so when I start thinking about adventure mode I'll start looking into it. Is there any point looking for goons to play with or does the level/knowledge disparity mean it'd be way too much of a chore? As for the barbarian I will go back to her eventually but I'm looking forward to messing around with most of the classes before I do.

I mean play the story once I guess. But yeah, that's not the game really, progression in Adventure mode is sooo much better and the seasonal rewards are massive. But do whatevers fun!

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
One thing I've noticed in my short time playing on the switch is that it feels like it's easier to get surrounded and trapped by monsters. I guess it's because PC has pathfinding to get your character to a destination and the switch is just the joystick, so if something's in the way you just don't move?

Also the inventory is super different. Like, completely different game. What does marking something as Junk do?

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Aranan posted:

One thing I've noticed in my short time playing on the switch is that it feels like it's easier to get surrounded and trapped by monsters. I guess it's because PC has pathfinding to get your character to a destination and the switch is just the joystick, so if something's in the way you just don't move?

Also the inventory is super different. Like, completely different game. What does marking something as Junk do?

There's a button at vendors to quicksell everything marked as junk. I want to say it's clicking in the right stick on switch?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Looked up where to find the jeweler and it was literally the next screen in the direction I was going.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Getting panic attacks and having to check my calibration on my switch thumbsticks everytime I run into a nightmarish minion still. Heaps of poo poo to do with the post 70 game I still don't understand, I'm still in act 3, cranked difficulty back down when I realized how tedious and spongey the bosses feel without optimised dps on the harder settings. I'm close to 70 so I started looking at guides and I'm still trying to find the cube.

This guide says it's in act 3 but its talking about a big map near a city, does this act open up later, because it's been very linear so far and I haven't seen anywhere that matches the description

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Getting panic attacks and having to check my calibration on my switch thumbsticks everytime I run into a nightmarish minion still. Heaps of poo poo to do with the post 70 game I still don't understand, I'm still in act 3, cranked difficulty back down when I realized how tedious and spongey the bosses feel without optimised dps on the harder settings. I'm close to 70 so I started looking at guides and I'm still trying to find the cube.

This guide says it's in act 3 but its talking about a big map near a city, does this act open up later, because it's been very linear so far and I haven't seen anywhere that matches the description

Go to the The Ruins of Sescheron waypoint then make way to the Elder Sanctum. The entrance is usually located in the bottom-left, top-right, or bottom-right part of the zone. Make your way to the other end and the cube is in like a raised room and it pops up when you get near it. Click on it and then you can teleport back to town. It sucks to find until you know what to look for.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Ultimately the answer to any questions I asked so far has been 'play adventure mode, stupid' which I have steadfastly refused to do so far but I finished the campaign and that coincided with my main character hitting 70 so I've been doing some rifting and bounties, both are reasonably enjoyable. I'm alternating between cranking up the torment to look for legendary item drops and dropping it down to just burn through for rewards as quickly as possible. Am I right in assuming a greater rift key is only guaranteed to drop on torment or above?

I'm also glad to see it's relatively easy to find pubbies on torment 1, I'm not super interested in that atm and probably will turn it off for now but is there any contexts in which having a party is strictly superior?

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Feb 27, 2021

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
When doing bounties, it's ideal to run as a full group. Everyone splits up and knocks out an act of stuff and then once all five acts are done, you can go turn them all in for 5 boxes full of shiny poo poo.

A party makes it *so much* faster than doing 5 acts on your own.

I was actually coming here to ask if switch MP was dead or not. I am leveling my seasonal character and haven't been able to find anyone doing sub70 bounties, but I assume anyone playing this late in the season would be on torment at least. Oh well, I'll keep leveling and look again at 70.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I only have one level 70 character so I'm still plenty keen to do sub 70 stuff atm, dunno if regional servers are an issue or not but I'm in Australia. My code is SW-4852-5119-6019 if you want to find out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

Aranan posted:

I was actually coming here to ask if switch MP was dead or not. I am leveling my seasonal character and haven't been able to find anyone doing sub70 bounties, but I assume anyone playing this late in the season would be on torment at least. Oh well, I'll keep leveling and look again at 70.

Most of us that are still playing D3 are playing seasonal, and thus there's always a big spike in activity at the beginning of the season and that fades out as everyone finishes the season journey, gets their rewards, and then plays something else for a few months.

I haven't played in a couple of months and don't remember where exactly my Wizard was at Torment-wise, but I can definitely power-level a full party. We'll have you to 70 in 10-15 minutes and then can run a few Greater Rifts so you can gear up a bit.

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Ultimately the answer to any questions I asked so far has been 'play adventure mode, stupid' which I have steadfastly refused to do so far but I finished the campaign and that coincided with my main character hitting 70 so I've been doing some rifting and bounties, both are reasonably enjoyable. I'm alternating between cranking up the torment to look for legendary item drops and dropping it down to just burn through for rewards as quickly as possible. Am I right in assuming a greater rift key is only guaranteed to drop on torment or above?

I'm also glad to see it's relatively easy to find pubbies on torment 1, I'm not super interested in that atm and probably will turn it off for now but is there any contexts in which having a party is strictly superior?

Keystones should be dropping for you, according to D3 Resource's difficulty guide. Being with others increases your drop rates for legendaries and you gain experience faster; you lose your follower which, when properly equipped, is actually pretty helpful. I prefer to play with others, but I'd play solo if the other choice were "pubbies", as there are too many cheaters in Switch online play.