Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

xxEightxx posted:

Someone give me a good class/build suggestion for my first attempt at hc.

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/demon-hunter-multishot-fire-build-with-yangs-recurve-patch-2-5-season-10

distance is your friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

So, I completed chapter 1 of the season -- how do access my new portrait and pennant? Do I have to wait for the season to end?

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

omg chael crash posted:

So, I completed chapter 1 of the season -- how do access my new portrait and pennant? Do I have to wait for the season to end?

Oh, I get it now. When you hit "view rewards" when selecting chapter 1 it shows you the reward for chapter 4. What the hell

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

omg chael crash posted:

Oh, I get it now. When you hit "view rewards" when selecting chapter 1 it shows you the reward for chapter 4. What the hell

it shows that cuz you dont get the rewards till you finish the first few chapters...there's no individual rewards for the first few chapters until you start getting Haedrig's gifts.

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...
With seasons on the ps4 I leapt back in with a monk. Just finished getting my seasonal set - the next step is just continuing the season goals and doing the set dungeons, correct? Do all the sets have different dungeons?

Having never played a season before, I'm now really happy they've come to the console. I can see how they get people addicted again.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Lucas Archer posted:

With seasons on the ps4 I leapt back in with a monk. Just finished getting my seasonal set - the next step is just continuing the season goals and doing the set dungeons, correct? Do all the sets have different dungeons?

Having never played a season before, I'm now really happy they've come to the console. I can see how they get people addicted again.

Each set has a different dungeon, and there are rewards for clearing individual dungeons as well as clearing all of them which gives you a real badass pair of wings.

That said, wait for next season. They're reducing the mastery requirements to make it easier to get rewards.

Black_Oni 165
Mar 11, 2015
Feel free to add me to the PS4 player list.

ID is BlackOni165

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

I know moat people here probably just follow the discussion in the main Diablo thread, but Necromancer will be dropping next Tuesday for $15 bucks.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

lol nope

i paid 20 for the whole game

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
15 bucks for a new class and peripheral content at best? Meh, seems more like a 9.99 price point, but who am I kidding I'll probably get my money out of it.

Does anyone know if the new patch will split the user base?

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

good day for a bris posted:

I know moat people here probably just follow the discussion in the main Diablo thread, but Necromancer will be dropping next Tuesday for $15 bucks.

That seems really steep for a single character.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I've put a billion hours into this game and had fun every minute. $15 is fine for me. I'm just glad it's finally coming out. I haven't played D3 in a while so it's a great time to jump back in.

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

I feel alright about $15 since we got Greater rifts, legendary gems, Kanais cube, and dozens of new items and sets for free over the last few years since Reaper. It's also pretty expensive to implement a new class, since they have a ton of art assets and the Necromancer also has the corpse system which apparently took the devs quite a bit of time to get working.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong
Half of me feels like I'm paying for them to have not upped the level cap.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Kilometers Davis posted:

I've put a billion hours into this game and had fun every minute. $15 is fine for me. I'm just glad it's finally coming out. I haven't played D3 in a while so it's a great time to jump back in.

That's where I'm at too. I do think $15 is a bit steep but I enjoy the game a lot and as long as they keep adding to it in a meaningful way for free, I'll throw money at it for stuff like this.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

good day for a bris posted:

That's where I'm at too. I do think $15 is a bit steep but I enjoy the game a lot and as long as they keep adding to it in a meaningful way for free, I'll throw money at it for stuff like this.

I know it's a lame opinion but whatever, I like giving Blizzard money. I haven't spent anything more than $60 total on Overwatch and as mentioned I've gotten a ton of gameplay from Diablo 3. $15 for a character and some new features is alright. Of course $5 would be better but Blizzard knows that everyone is going to pay up.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

I got D3 as a gift, so paying $15 for the base game, expansion, free content, and the Necro stuff seems entirely reasonable to me. :)

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Awesome! posted:

lol nope

i paid 20 for the whole game

And you probably got twice that enjoying the game.

$15 is fine by me.

Alteisen fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jun 21, 2017

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Is there a good write up anywhere that explains what the Necromancer's gameplay actually feels like? I don't need in depth numbers or anything.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kilometers Davis posted:

Is there a good write up anywhere that explains what the Necromancer's gameplay actually feels like? I don't need in depth numbers or anything.

Skeletons.

Lots of skeletons.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
lol at feeling 15 bucks is too steep

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Maker Of Shoes posted:

lol at feeling 15 bucks is too steep

I either eat this gourmet cheeseburger and live another day or I buy Diablo 3 Necromancer and die tomorrow.

Seems like an obvious choice to me.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Mostly joking about people being stingy about paying for content in modern D3. The game offers a ridiculous amount of min/max entertainment per dollar and 15 bucks is basically nothing for this.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I either eat this gourmet cheeseburger and live another day or I buy Diablo 3 Necromancer and die tomorrow.

Seems like an obvious choice to me.

We'll miss you...

edit: OP is updated! that should hold us over till we get official season 1 start dates!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I have run the numbers to determine if it is A Good Deal

Vanilla Diablo 3 gave us 5 classes at $60, or $12/class
Reaper of Souls gave us 1 class at $20, or $20/class
Necromancer Pack gives us 1 class at $15, or $15/class

As long as you ascribe absolutely no value to the game mechanics, art assets, and missions that were added in Vanilla and RoS, the $15/class price point is actually a tremendous improvement from the previous alarming trend of increases

also it's goddamn $15. That's round-up-all-the-loose-change-in-the-house money.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I have run the numbers to determine if it is A Good Deal

Vanilla Diablo 3 gave us 5 classes at $60, or $12/class
Reaper of Souls gave us 1 class at $20, or $20/class
Necromancer Pack gives us 1 class at $15, or $15/class

As long as you ascribe absolutely no value to the game mechanics, art assets, and missions that were added in Vanilla and RoS, the $15/class price point is actually a tremendous improvement from the previous alarming trend of increases

also it's goddamn $15. That's round-up-all-the-loose-change-in-the-house money.

No cow mercenary, no deal. Sorry, I'm pretty set in my ways re: what I'm willing to pay for

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

If I had a $15 bill then sure, I'd pony up and consider selling some assets to acquire Necropack but a las, no $15 bill to spend here.

:(

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong
No extra stash space for console with necro dlc :/ plus the Luke warm reviews I think this is a wait-for-sale thing for me.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
How are people getting new seasonal characters to 70 so gat dang fast?

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

If you have a friend with a decent level, just surf their game and you can probably hit 70 in a half hour, if not faster.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Aren't we meant to have necromancer now.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
It's up, PS4.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Live on XBL too

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Updated the OP.

Patch notes are here.

good day for a bris fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jun 27, 2017

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
OK so, uh, Necromancer is ridiculous. This could have simply given me corpse lance with the minions and I would have been happy. Blizzard got a lot of teasing over their "class fantasy" design philosophy, but damned if it doesn't pay off. :allears:

Literally my only complaint is that the voice acting is kind of dull. There's not even dry humour like with the crusaders.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

poptart_fairy posted:

OK so, uh, Necromancer is ridiculous. This could have simply given me corpse lance with the minions and I would have been happy. Blizzard got a lot of teasing over their "class fantasy" design philosophy, but damned if it doesn't pay off. :allears:

Literally my only complaint is that the voice acting is kind of dull. There's not even dry humour like with the crusaders.

This is exactly what I'm excited for. Now that the crazy thunderstorm here is over I'll have to jump on and grab the pack.

From what I understand part of the Necromancer class fantasy was to make them as serious as possible to counter the Witch Doctor humor. Are you liking the voice for whichever one you picked?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Went with the female Necromancer. She's kind of understated, but acted well enough. No real fear, mild kind of curiosity; doesn't even get terribly excited when three hundred corpses explode. :v:

Even the minions are played pretty straight. There's no silly idle animations, or anything that I've noticed.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib
Edit: meant this for the PC thread, sorry.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

poptart_fairy posted:

Went with the female Necromancer. She's kind of understated, but acted well enough. No real fear, mild kind of curiosity; doesn't even get terribly excited when three hundred corpses explode. :v:

Even the minions are played pretty straight. There's no silly idle animations, or anything that I've noticed.
Is the voice acting on par with the normal classes as in the various quips and reactions that you get from encounters and NPCs mid-play? Or just the major campaign events?

Probably end up buying it anyway, but at least this opens up the chance of other classes turning up as DLC. The assassin would be plenty of fun on consoles, just smash the controller against my face and then hit a combo ender. :unsmigghh: Guess the druid could turn up with the whole shape-shifting schtick too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Just played some necro on ps4, drat does corpse explosion own so hard or what. I was worried before but this poo poo is legit fun.