Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Yes. The game cannot properly parse the required ingredients if they are spread between stash and inventory. The cube is the most egregious with it. The blacksmith and enchanter less so but still goofy from time to time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Anyone see a Primal on a console yet? I'm coming up with squat

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Quote-Unquote posted:

I got one last night out of several hundred legendary items.

So they look super obvious when looking at them?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Quote-Unquote posted:

So I have a demon hunter almost entirely decked out in primal legendary gear now.

Yeah I've probably been playing this game too much.

Or I have the worst RNG ever. I haven't found a single piece.

:negative:

Can reforging yield primals?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

ExCruceLeo posted:

Have you completed GR70? I was wondering why I wasn't seeing any in HC and forgot about that requirement.

Yes, 73 actually.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

kirbysuperstar posted:

I stupidly picked Crusader for this season. I've got 4/6 of the set, but I can't do the Solo 20GR because my build fuckin' sucks I guess. I don't die, but I can't get enough damage out in time. Anyone got a build that'll work?

http://www.icy-veins.com/d3/crusader-holy-hammerdin-build-with-blessed-hammer-and-seeker-of-the-light-patch-2-5-season-10

Owns owns owns

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

kirbysuperstar posted:

Thanks, that helped. Still needed some gear/gem rejiggering but I got GR20 done and got the rest of the set :unsmith:

It's a very good build that's really easy to use. I've got one in non seasonal that's pushing GR75 with plenty of room to grow.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
And it will very likely go back up to 60 bucks and stay there until the holiday sale.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Quote-Unquote posted:

The hammerdin set on crusader is incredibly easy to master with the right gear, I did it on first try with about a minute to spare.

I love the hammerdin build so much.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

xxEightxx posted:

Someone give me a good class/build suggestion for my first attempt at hc.

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/demon-hunter-multishot-fire-build-with-yangs-recurve-patch-2-5-season-10

distance is your friend

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
lol at feeling 15 bucks is too steep

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Mostly joking about people being stingy about paying for content in modern D3. The game offers a ridiculous amount of min/max entertainment per dollar and 15 bucks is basically nothing for this.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Live on XBL too

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

^burtle posted:

How does the Necro feel with the buttons? A lot of multi-managing or is it fairly intuitive?

Diablo 3 on a controller works really well in general (other than builds that require num lock auto click spam) so long as you're using the Option to unlock button binding

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

So we shouldn't expect any cheaters/hackers in seasons?

Correct

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

^burtle posted:

Oh yeah, I've played console since it launched was just curious how the micromanaging of pets felt.

So far so good. Pet management just activates their ability so as long as you're pointing vaguely at the enemy they will aggro that ability on the enemy then just continue their regular attacks automatically. Honestly the only weird thing for me so far is making sure I'm consuming enough corpses while flying through my other button presses.

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jun 28, 2017

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Icy Veins has a few preliminary builds posted so be sure to check those out.

I had a buddy P-Level me to 70 real quick last night so I'm just sitting in T1 farming gear to get a few of those builds set up.

The Inarius helmet looks baller as gently caress. It's basically the St. Pancratius helmet

Edit: a dull video of the helmet on a toon
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/uberingram/video/33424207

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jun 30, 2017

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

a mysterious cloak posted:

Saw this was on sale on the Xbox One and I'm getting the itch. Haven't played since D2, would it be worth it to jump in now for $38?

1) it's a poo poo load of content for 40
2) D3 plays very well on a console
3) the price will likely go back to 60 after the summer sale ends

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Also

Holy gently caress Land of the Dead with Corpse Explosion spam is probably the most satisfying ability sync in the game. It's god drat hilarious

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Put together an Inarius Corpse Explosion build and holy poo poo its satisfying. I'm kinda stuck at T12 though. I peek my head into T13 and get instantly destroyed. The grind begins. :negative:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I dunno man. I just waltzed through a GR65 last night only using a generator attack, periodically refreshing Bone Armor and still had half my time left.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

exquisite tea posted:

Yes, any class can left click their way through a GR65 in a game where the strongest builds can blast through GR100+ solo. A lot of things about Necro begin to break down at higher GR levels, which the D3 team (interns) have identified and will be improving for the next season.

Gonna have to disagree with you that everything can primary their way through a high 60 lol

Also, Travis Day already said it's getting a nerf on the next patch so

(likely a reduction in Bone Armor's tick rate)

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Roman posted:

Just downloaded a patch which includes: "Fixed issue that allowed players to dupe items."

Anything else of note on it?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

poptart_fairy posted:

So as luck would have it, I ran into a couple of groups(!) of treasure goblins, and they dropped so much loot I ended up hitting on drat near identical equipment rolls to this icy veins Rathma's build, even if the build itself is a little different (I use Revive instead of Blood Rush, for instance, and haven't touched Singularity). I went from slowly grinding down Torment 6 to maxing out Torment 13 and cackling as hits of 100 million roll off from my minions' attacks in quick succession. :laffo:

This is the first time I've played at this difficulty so easily and it's hilarious. I wasn't even aware half of the loot I'm getting existed, let alone dropped so frequently. I'm having a ridiculous amount of fun seeing the minions obliterate everything before I see it.

Yeah T13+ is a whole different game. Plus the Necro pets are a lot more fun and less frustrating than the WD. The only pet build for the WD I could get off the ground that wasn't complete poo poo and could clear a GR70 was the Fetish / Dagger of Darts build (which is actually pretty fun you should try it)

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Yeah, the best rolls on weapons have no native slot since Gifting them gives you an extra perk node instead of losing an existing one

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Primal Weapons (which 99.9% posters of this thread are intimately familiar with) don't even have Sockets since that would go against their Perfect Status

WHY MUST YOU USE THE SALT ON THIS GAPING WOUND?!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Finally got my first primal. It is the ultimate gently caress you.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

the_steve posted:

Ok, I've not done a whole lot past the regular story mode, what's Primal supposed to signify?

Primals are the next tier above ancient

White > Blue > Yellow > Legendary (Set) > Ancient Legendary (Set) > Primal Ancient Legendary (set)

Primals are the same as ancients but every perk is at maximum values. They have an EXTREMELY low drop chance. They will be added to your loot pool once you have a single character solo a Greater Rift 70. The joke about mine is that Puzzle Rings are designed to be consumed in the Cube. I finally get a hugely rare item in a form that's not supposed to be kept.

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jul 11, 2017

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

^burtle posted:

Is that single character soloing a rift then spread across your account, or just the one hero?

The entire account

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I can't stand to see you down like this. Post "Primals Please" in the slack channel in the next 5 minutes and I'll send you my perfect roll Primal Unity?

I'm banned from Slack for 3 days. :v:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Ellaybee posted:

Which classes/builds require num lock auto click spam? Honest question. I haven't played in a long time and I'm trying to decide whether to get necro for pc or PS4.

The biggest offender by a country mile is any Wizard build that uses Explosive Blast. I'm sure there are others but I really only have a Wizard, Crusader, Necro and Witch Doctor. Necro on a controller works fine, plays real well.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

God drat too bad the real money auction house is gone, I could retire.

some mighty anime lookin wings you got there

:thunk:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
So I can definitely feel the hit to Star Weaver and Pain Enhancer on the Bone Storm build. I really don't want to pack up the build yet. What are good replacement gems?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
jfc reddit

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Pain Enhancer still works well on it but what really broke the build for it was the healing ability on Star Weaver. You could face tank some absurd poo poo. Overall the exact same build is probably still good to GR80ish but runs into sustained damage issues if you can't continue to face tank as much as it could in those real high GR's. Ultimately I'll probably switch it over to a Corpse Explosion Inarius build instead. It can burst out higher numbers faster if albeit squishier.

Toxin can be a straight up damage replacement for Star Weaver and does offer some DR on top. Full DR route you could go Esoteric instead. I think I'll try that first before rebuilding.

e2: fuuuuuuuuuuck this nerf is rough. And there's not nearly enough DR in Toxin. :(

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jul 13, 2017

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

poptart_fairy posted:

So I just read (probably in this thread knowing my blind self...) that Primal Ancients unlock when you clear a GR70. Is there anything else like that "hidden" behind rifts? I have all the loot I need on my Necro so want to focus on speed running, but not sure if there's anything else I might be missing.

Clear a 70 solo within time. The unlock is account wide. Other than little things like puzzle rings and bovine axes in the cube there are a few little side homages but nothing that yields useable loot.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Black_Oni 165 posted:

Today was a good day.

Started today doing T5 with my Necro, hoping for a few good drops.

Got a Jesseth Skullshield, filled that set.
Got a few pieces of the Rathma set that I needed to max the set along with the RORG

End the day doing T11 level GR with little difficulty as uber skelly mages nuke everything.

What amulets and belts do you guys find useful for a Rathma Necro? Currently just running with a Hellfire Amulet and a Cord of the Sherma.
Would like to swap the amulet for a Wisdom of Kalan if I can find a lv70 one for extra damage resistance, but not sure about the belt slot at all...

Necro really only has one belt, Dayntees Binding I think it's called. Gives you a huge DR bump if you have someone cursed via decrepify.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

jodai posted:

I had been using the Pestilence set, which was fun but I got my full Inarius and it is insane. I think I'd like to get Rathmas set because I have better options for accessories. Also, I have found about a billion Krelms belts and Strings of Ears.

Inarius of pretty fun and super easy to play. After the Star Weaver nerf it falls apart at GR80ish.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Awesome! posted:

oh my god i just discovered the angry chicken speed farming variation for the helltooth witch doctor. so much fun and completely fixes my main problem with the build which was poor clear speed on easier content (bounties, normal rifts, 55ish grifts) due to no movement skill.

i am somehow missing a set of nemesis bracers though so if anyone wants to hit me up with one of those i would appreciate it. psn is super_aggro_crag

im back to non-seasonal play now since chapter 5 has set dungeon completion and no thank you

If your seasonal was a WD the helltooth set dungeon is crazy easy to cheese

and you can just look up what the other chapters are to complete them and rank up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Amateur Saboteur posted:

Someone add me! Alone on Xbox having a blast with my first season. Anyone wanting to do anything torment 10+ get at ya boy.

GT:AmateurSabot3ur

Would help dudes with levels also.

I'm on usually later in the evening and nights. GT: uberingram
currently farming T13/GR70 because I'm at a gear brick wall