Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
One thing I've noticed in my short time playing on the switch is that it feels like it's easier to get surrounded and trapped by monsters. I guess it's because PC has pathfinding to get your character to a destination and the switch is just the joystick, so if something's in the way you just don't move?

Also the inventory is super different. Like, completely different game. What does marking something as Junk do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
When doing bounties, it's ideal to run as a full group. Everyone splits up and knocks out an act of stuff and then once all five acts are done, you can go turn them all in for 5 boxes full of shiny poo poo.

A party makes it *so much* faster than doing 5 acts on your own.

I was actually coming here to ask if switch MP was dead or not. I am leveling my seasonal character and haven't been able to find anyone doing sub70 bounties, but I assume anyone playing this late in the season would be on torment at least. Oh well, I'll keep leveling and look again at 70.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Appreciate the offers, friends. I just powered through the last few bits after posting and I have my first Switch 70. I'll add it to the shamefully huge pile of PC 70s.

A few things I've noticed while playing compared to the PC version:
* The inventory system is weird but I'm slowly getting used to it. One unexpected plus is that I'll never have to do a stash organizing session after a session of GRs.
* I have given up on trying to pick out specific targets in a demon mosh pit and will have to adjust builds accordingly. I can't imagine trying to play an elite hunting Impale DH like this.
* Similarly, aiming ground AOEs or teleports is less "aiming" and more "throw it in that general direction". It got better with some practice, but I wouldn't want to play something that requires precisely placing any AoEs. I was leaning heavily on corpse explosion and fortunately the radius is high enough that "somewhere over there" was good enough most of the time.
* I'm going to miss the numberlock trick for auto casting. I don't suppose there's a feature like that on Switch, is there?