Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i wonder if the season characters are forced online to avoid the duping that is central to the console d3 experience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

there are the little pets that drop from menagerie goblins. not sure about anything else

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i wouldnt say im active anymore but i do play from time to time. you can add me at super_aggro_crag

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

im not sure if you really can farm them due to dropping from randomly spawned goblins. you can get the two new pets from the tristram event easily though.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Awesome! posted:

im not sure if you really can farm them due to dropping from randomly spawned goblins. you can get the two new pets from the tristram event easily though.

actually can we dupe pets? i think they changed it in the last patch so they arent really items you move around anymore so im not sure

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

im pretty sure you can mail enchanted stuff

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

thats probably not worth the souls unless you really need a specific legendary for a build.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

thank you for your sacrifice for science. if 50 souls is an amount that matters to you post your psn id and ill send you some

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

still exists

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

first time i did it with no twink gear or paragon points besides movement speed and it took a few hours but i wasnt trying to move quickly.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ive noticed that happen when i have some of the ingredients in my inventory but not all of them. if i put all my materials in my stash it works again

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

probably sell poo poo at the start to build up some cash and then just mass salvage everything when you are ok on money (shouldnt take long)

that said im sure most of us have more gold than we know what to do with and would be happy to send you some if you want

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i think they give out some cosmetic things for doing certain challenges

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

god i forgot how lovely no move speed is

like why is this the default speed gently caress you blizzard

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

im not sure about duping. i didnt try it but i was still seeing the normal save icons pop up when i did stuff. can you play a season character offline?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

actually now that crafting mats are stuck in that limbo inventory im not sure if you can even drop them anymore so that method is out.

can probably still do the thing where you make like 10-20 rare whatevers, upgrade them and if you dont get what you want reset and try again.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ExCruceLeo posted:

You craft yellows to get down to their level lol.
this is why the set dungeons are loving dumb and i have never bothered to complete a single one

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

TrustmeImLegit posted:

I think my biggest upgrade is getting one of the follower legendaries so they don't die .1 seconds into a fight.
upgrading rares tends to have a pretty good success rate on this for me. there are only a few of those special mods for that slot.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

on ps4 i think linking gives you a twink legendary ring on each non season character you make so you probably get that too

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

my only issue with it is the targeting is much less precise which can be annoying

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

lol nope

i paid 20 for the whole game

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

poptart_fairy posted:

Guess what they transmute into. :haw:

just keep rolling

i tend to just cheat these sort of things in non-season mode.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i think basically all you have to do to clear 50s on a dh is put on the ue set and faceroll through

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Roman posted:

Just downloaded a patch which includes: "Fixed issue that allowed players to dupe items."

unless they have started saving every single time you drop an item i dont think it will change that method

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

not having a natural socket on a weapon is better isnt it? you get an extra mod instead and can throw a socket in anyway

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

did the new season start? maybe ill play a little bit of this one since im waiting for the poe patch

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

im going dh just because you get the ue set for free

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Chill Penguin posted:

How viable is DH for hardcore though?

how good are you with smart positioning and not standing in ground effects?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

thank you for the dawn drop in my 60s game. carried me to 70 then went in the cube and carried me into torment with the 4 free pieces of ue. easy game.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

oh my god i just discovered the angry chicken speed farming variation for the helltooth witch doctor. so much fun and completely fixes my main problem with the build which was poor clear speed on easier content (bounties, normal rifts, 55ish grifts) due to no movement skill.

i am somehow missing a set of nemesis bracers though so if anyone wants to hit me up with one of those i would appreciate it. psn is super_aggro_crag

im back to non-seasonal play now since chapter 5 has set dungeon completion and no thank you

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Maker Of Shoes posted:

If your seasonal was a WD the helltooth set dungeon is crazy easy to cheese
nah i went dh. not a big deal though, i dont think i care about tiny changes to the portrait color for doing the rest of the challenges.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you only get the rewards once

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you also get a dragon for doing the first 4 chapters of the season stuff

no clue what mirror stand you are talking about. i always change cosmetic poo poo from the inventory menu

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

is there a single build in this game that doesnt want to stack crit/crit dmg?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the campaign really never gets interesting

it gets more fun when you start blowing up entire screens in rifts but its still pretty shallow

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

any targeted movement skills suck dick on a controller

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i played the console version enough to get the platinum and then some and still prefer m+kb for diablo style games.