Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Oops, crossposting since I'm a dirty Xbone Plebeian.

I just bought this game because all other games are bad. Me and another guy are brand new to the game and the franchise. Story seems a bit poop and also constantly referencing past events maybe?

Anyway, I'm a Wizard and he's a Monk. We have another friend that logged 300+ hours that wants to play with us but he always brings his ridiculously overpowered motherfucker and it ruins the game.

Anything a brand new person should now? Do I really want to be using a high attack sword/crossbow or whatever instead of a low attack magic wand, even as a wizard? It seems that the equipped weapon doesn't actually get used since I just chuck magic blasts out my face.

I'm about 2 hours in and it's fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I'm playing tons and tons of this poo poo on Xbox One. Add me if you want to get some sweet legendaries in the mail.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Do you have to be level 70 to obtain keystones? I want to do greater rifts on my new guy but he doesn't seem to be getting the stones from nephs.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I play on Xbox One, and linked my profile to a battle.net account, but trying to view my profile on bnet gives me a 500 Internal Server error.

Google led me to the "Known Issues" page on bnet forums, where it has been a known issue since... 2014? Is it seriously impossible for Xbone players to use the battle.net profile feature?

EDIT: drat, I guess it makes sense, since the data doesn't live in the battle.net servers.

So... no point at all in Linking Account, it seems.

GoGoGadgetChris fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Apr 10, 2017

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

xxEightxx posted:

Random question, anyone know of a t10 wand of woh speed farm build that doesn't use tal rasha? I saw one a few days back that used the gold pick up items but for the life of me can't find it now that I was trying to put it together.

This page is perfect for "need a build that uses _____"

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/legendary-item-salvage-guide

Looks like this build also uses it - https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/wizard-arcane-orb-build-with-the-dmo-set-patch-2-5-season-10

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I have run the numbers to determine if it is A Good Deal

Vanilla Diablo 3 gave us 5 classes at $60, or $12/class
Reaper of Souls gave us 1 class at $20, or $20/class
Necromancer Pack gives us 1 class at $15, or $15/class

As long as you ascribe absolutely no value to the game mechanics, art assets, and missions that were added in Vanilla and RoS, the $15/class price point is actually a tremendous improvement from the previous alarming trend of increases

also it's goddamn $15. That's round-up-all-the-loose-change-in-the-house money.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Primal Weapons (which 99.9% posters of this thread are intimately familiar with) don't even have Sockets since that would go against their Perfect Status

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Finally got my first primal. It is the ultimate gently caress you.

No crit chance, crit damage, or cool down reduction. I'd scrap it bro

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Primals are the next tier above ancient

White > Blue > Yellow > Legendary (Set) > Ancient Legendary (Set) > Primal Ancient Legendary (set)

Primals are the same as ancients but every perk is at maximum values. They have an EXTREMELY low drop chance. They will be added to your loot pool once you have a single character solo a Greater Rift 70. The joke about mine is that Puzzle Rings are designed to be consumed in the Cube. I finally get a hugely rare item in a form that's not supposed to be kept.

:negative:

I can't stand to see you down like this. Post "Primals Please" in the slack channel in the next 5 minutes and I'll send you my perfect roll Primal Unity?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Primals are unlocked per "silo" so you've got to solo clear a gr70 in (each new) season, non season, hard-core season, and hard-core nonseason.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

VideoGames posted:

If I do the chapter 1-4 in seasonal with one character, can I then create another seasonal character and then just accept all the seasonal rewards for that class?

The rewards can be Claimed only once, but you can earn them on one character and Claim them on another!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Any of you fuckin' fucks play on the Xbox One? We've got a solid group of 6 or so fellas that are playing this season.

J O I N

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

mentalcontempt posted:

How does Wave of Light with Tzo Krin’s work on console? On PC it casts wave of light wherever you click, so you can cast at the edges of the screen.

Consoles have a semi capable "smart targeting" system where they launch ranged attacks in the direction you're facing, at elites, and at high density.

But you can also hold the left trigger button to manually target a specific enemy you're facing (which again tries to prioritize elites and enemies in dense clusters)

On console you walk around with a joystick so it's easy to face the direction you want.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

^burtle posted:

I really hate the early grind, feel free to hop in my games if you see me. If I don't mic up, it isn't personal, it just means I've got music on in the living room.

Do you know about the level 70 weapon trick? 40-70 is faster than 1-39 now!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

^burtle posted:

No I do not!

This is a new opportunity brought about by Challenge Rifts, so hopefully you've claimed one or both of the Challenge Rewards on your Seasonal Guy. Get your Blacksmith fully upgraded (which requires Death Breath, from the Challenge Reward).

Once you're level 40, you have the ability to wield a Level 70 weapon, which is HUGE.

1. Craft a level 70 weapon (2H Axe is the best) with at least +Main Stat
2. Make sure it has a Crowd Control secondary (such as % to Slow, % to Freeze, etc.)
3. Reroll the OTHER secondary, until you get Reduce Level Requirement by 1-30 (the crowd control perks represent like 90% of the total reroll perks, so if you have one as the other secondary stat, you have really good chances of getting Reduce Level Requirement)
4. Equip your Weapon and start wrecking Torment 2+ thanks to your massive stat boost

Obviously it's pretty hard to get a Reduce Level Requirement by 30, so it's easier to do this around level 50 so you only need a reduction of 20.

Be careful that you don't accidentally spend all of your gold rerolling... once you've rerolled ~5 times, just salvage it and make a new one. No sense spending $100k per re-roll when you can just make a new one for some yellow mats.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
My favorite part of being the #1 Invoker crusader on Xbox Hardcore Seasonal is probably the extra drink tix you get on most major airlines

591 paragon :eggplant:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Fuzz posted:

When does this season end?

They announce the end 2 weeks before the end. It will show up here:

https://us.diablo3.com/en/

Since it hasn't been announced yet, it's N+2 Weeks away.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Console players, log on to get your Batlecruiser pet

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

mentalcontempt posted:

So I hear that DMO Twister is really good on console due to the way the twisters work on that platform. Is that correct? Debating a twister wizard vs. a crusader for the next season, based on the starting sets.

Correct. Both it and Condemn Crusader are stupid good on console since we do double damage.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Sarkozymandias posted:

How do they work diff on consoles?

Also does anyone on console have a few crafting resources to spare? By a few I mean a shitzillion? I am trying to collect Basically Everything and it's slow-going with how fast I've run through all my Veiled Crystals and such.

You know the yellow globes we collect that give us 20 seconds of double damage?

On PC, they just make you move faster. Oddly enough, this seems to have basically perfectly balanced the lack of PC's precision aiming.

The issue with Condemn and Energy Twister on PC is that they eventually hit a wall where they're great at AoE but can't handle single targets. With double damage, it ain't a thing

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Poasty posted:

Probably a longshot but I have a group of guys doing hardcore season 21 on Xbox. Pushing 90, easily speedrunning t16 rifts. Join the fun

XBL: Illmatikk

gently caress man I play hardcore Xbox seasonal every single season and it's always solo because that's a community of low 3 digits across the globe

I got suckered into softcore this season but if you'll allow me to Hoover up some Loot I'd happily jump ship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Poasty posted:

Yeah shoot me a message I'll level up my GoE and get you sorted out

Edit: also, not everyone is where I'm at right now, some guys are still getting their sets and stuff so it's not like you'd be far behind. Some of the guys are still pretty new to hardcore diablo in general so it's not a super serious thing

Thanks friend! I just added you. My GT is "Pro Gun Control". Any time that you'd be able to juice my guy up a bit, I'd greatly appreciate it :-)