Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

I played vanilla D3 on pc on release. It never grabbed me like D2; quit after a month or so. Now I have this on PS4, and it is very different after the updates.

I know I could google all these questions but:

I got through Act4 w/ a monk last night. Is the preferred method of leveling to 60 just to put a big ruby in a helm and run through the story? Same for additional characters? Because I don't know if I can listen to any of that dialogue again. I did it on Hard so it was pretty easy but still a time sink I will never get back.

I play extremely couch-casual. Not interested in DPS spreadsheets. Still, is there a go-to build-guide site somewhere that doesn't rely on you finding that 1:1billion rare drop? Mostly I am just trying to determine if there are any uses for 3/4 of these skills that look useless to me.

Is there a way to stack movement speed? Running speed seems molasses slow. During Act4 there were some blessing posts that increased speed to what I'd hope for as "normal."

Are enchantments and smith purchases the new "gambling" ? I've been spending my money upgrading gems, is there another purpose?

Any death penalties for softcore? I haven't died yet, but noticed I couldn't put money in my stash, which is what I recall was the only real issue w/ dying on PC way back when.

Are there special events around holidays, anniversaries, etc? That's the kind of thing that will actually hold my interest. I see the posts above about ladder seasons coming to console.

I'd love to play with you folks but I am prone to putting down the controller and wandering off for an hour. I need games with hard pauses. Still if you've got junk you are trying to unload to a newbie, I'm not proud (PSN ElasticRebound).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

Thanks for the info!

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

I logged back into this to see how it looked. Awesome! Just played long enough to see the butcher.

OG music in town was a nice surprise.