Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
Flatmate has played the hell out of this game, and really loved Diablo 1 back in the day but was a bit disappointed with the new event. I saw someone in the thread said that you got pets for doing it from level 1, which might make it worth going through. And someone else said that there's a mushroom item collection-chain-thing that you can do too, any good guides for this anywhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

That's great, thank you, I figured it might not be something every game site has already written about, since it's a last-gen game recreating an ancient computer game. Guess I was wrong. Still, this might be an interesting way to burn an evening and it doesn't seem too involved.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You can ignore the story if you want. Demons tried to invade, Brave Heroes killed them and stopped it, that is happening again and honestly that's probably more than you need to know. You can probably tell who is going to get killed by the plot, and who is going to betray you.

I think that early on you can use whatever comes with the most damage, because you don't have access to all of the stats yet. Later on, you absolutely will want a class-specific weapon, not because of the sheer damage numbers but because it will give you class-specific bonuses, as well as the attack speed, critical hit chance/damage, and other stats you want to multiply your damage to stupid levels. As you start seeing these things, prioritise them but obviously not at the expense of having really under-levelled gear.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

Professional Russians need not apply.

So, how does the Season work differently to normal offline? I'd like to imagine that there is no more duping ridiculous amounts of crafting materials or items, but is there any different mechanics I should know about, or is it still the exact game, mechanics, skills, sets etc?