Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

anothergod posted:

Have any goons picked this up now with the new patch (seasons on console!)?

A number of people in this thread have already gone through the Old Tristram experience (I did it at T13 with my helltooth witch doctor). Seasons have not been added yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Good Citizen posted:

I did a quick smash and grab through the Tristram event and was honestly a bit disappointed. I guess I just hoped it would feel more like D1. Good on them for even bothering but it wasn't enough to keep things interesting for more than an hour or so

I don't want to come across like the 95% of people who comment in Diablo forums or reply on Blizzard's Facebook posts (seriously, among the worst loving fan base in terms of being spoiled bitches), but the problem I had was that the bosses weren't distinct enough for me to know they were there. I got a glimpse of the Butcher, but I swear I killed Diablo and the Skeleton King before I realized I was fighting them.

BTW, was there anything other than the dungeon itself? Like, are you supposed to do anything with the corpses of the old NPCs or were they just fan service?

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Spam Down B posted:

Yeah, there's a rotten mushroom that drops from a clickable thing in the dungeon, bring the mushroom to the cauldron which drops a thing, you bring that thing to a specific dead body which drops another thing for someone else, etc. Eventually, you get a blacksmith plan for a vanity item, make it and salvage it, the item you get will tell you the order to click the dead cows, which opens an area, and there is a chest in there.

Well crap. I got the mushroom but didn't do anything with it because I just wanted to finish the dungeon. When I went back to town, the corpses were gone.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

VideoGames posted:

Having played both the PC version and now the PS4 version, I believe the console version to be the absolute best entirely due to the control method.

I love the real time zipping about and movement way more than the point, click, click, click nature of the PC version. It reminds me of the Baldur's Gate game on Xbox which was way more fun than the one on PC.

Same here. Diablo was the first game of its type that I played. I've also played Titan Quest and Torchlight, and I enjoy them all. But after putting obscene hours into Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance and its sequel on the X-Box, and the two Everquest Champions games on PS2, it made it really hard to go back to mouse/KB. Once I knew that D3 was going to come out on console, I didn't even think about buying it on PC.

Christ, I just remembered I even beat Dungeons and Dragons: Heroes.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

I got D3 as a gift, so paying $15 for the base game, expansion, free content, and the Necro stuff seems entirely reasonable to me. :)

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Deadguy2322 posted:

The funnier part was PC gamers insisting that you couldn’t do Diablo on a game pad, even after things like the X-Men Legends/Marvel Ultimate Alliance games, the Demon Stone games, Justice League Heroes, Untold Legends and countless other Diablo clones came out and worked great that way.

I played and loved the first Diablo but it was Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance that hooked me on Diablo clones. Its sequel, Everquest: Champions of Norrath and its sequel. poo poo, I even beat Dungeons and Dragons: Heroes and I just started the Van Helsing game. D3 was the first game I bought when I got my PS4. I think it still has the most hours played of any of my PS4 games, though Horizon is right there too. Playing this type of game is just so much more fun than M/KB. The lack of precision with aimed attacks is a tiny price for a far better overall feel.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Bringing this thread back from the dead for a question...

Blizzard is saying that they are still early in development for D4 and have only announced versions for PC, PS4, and Bone. Given that we're only a year away from the next gen, what are the odds that they will have versions ready for the new consoles? I really don't want to buy it for PS4 and then six months later it comes out on the PS5. What does everyone here plan to do? Buy it on day one or wait if it's not available on the new machines?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

sfmarine7 posted:

D4 sounds like a late 2021+ release. I doubt it ever comes out for current consoles.

They said in the announcement that it was definitely planned for the current gen consoles and PC. They made a point of saying that they had no news about the next gen consoles. Obviously they will make it for them. But I think I'm agreeing with Guillermus. There's too much a risk that the current gen version will be all but abandoned once the next gen versions hit critical mass.