Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

onesixtwo posted:

Quick play. Or, Continue your game, go to the options menu, and hit the Plus button to change lobby join-settings.

I also think there are some ports to forward, i'm having issues hosting but none joining.. e: Hmm, Type A Nat, UPnP enabled.. going to try out a couple things..

Okay, so I was more patient. Did a rift myself, about 5 minutes into rift 2 someone joined. Two rifts later we have a full party. I don't think people can join while you are idling in town, may have to actually be doing the activity to be put in the 'open game queue.' Someone quit and another person joined, all mid rift for any time someone was actually able to join.

Here are the friend codes posted on this / last page:

SW-3978-2775-4963 (mine, I've added all below)
SW-4656-2570-2029
SW-8109-1199-0410
SW-0739-6167-9004
SW-4449 0415 8017
SW-2000-5187-7927
SW-3851-0172-0437
SW-7357-3134-4615

Friend code: SW-7705-3262-6709

Diablo Vets: playing on switch. First character. Seasonal. Necro. Level 55 presently. What kinda stuff can I do to speed up my leveling to 70?

Looking to expedite that. Doing bounties right now on Expert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Hey Yev thanks to letting me party crash. Hope I wasn’t a burden. I saw you online and hadn’t really played online yet. You took me from 62 to Paragon 18 inside of about 8 minutes. Unintended but much welcome consequences, lol!

Feenix fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Nov 13, 2018

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So I am on the last item of the 2nd tier of the Seasonal Challenges. Craft a level 70 armor or weapon. I am low on Reusable parts. I am salvaging poo poo but maybe the poo poo is too good? How can I get less good poo poo and salvage it?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

You need to salvage white items.

Easiest way to get white items? My drops are mostly higher up stuff now...

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Easiest way to get Westmarch Holy Water?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So I’m now on Ch4 of the Season and a lot of the challenges I have to complete are “beat this keywarden on TormentIV. That’s a big jump for me. I did one and it went ok but the next one all the enemies one-shot me.

Prior, I was running on Master. What’s my best angle to leveling? Just go find and grind the highest level I can? (Torment 1 or 2 maybe?)

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

torment 1 is best, if you can handle it. that way you'll get a chance at all the torment 1 drops.

have you done the part of the season journey to get haedrig's gifts already?

I don’t see that in 1-4 so I am not sure. I can say I have completed 1-3’s challenges. Almost all of the ch4 challenges are undone as of yet as

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Thanks all! I had seen the rewards listed but I guess playing in handheld I missed the fine print. I was able to redeem CH2 and CH3.

CH1 is a portrait and a pet (hand) and it doesn’t seem redeemable?

[Ed] also, I know these have good perks and stuff but a lot of them are way lower than what I had. I haven’t delved into some of the armor tweaking and stuff but can I raise the numbers on the Rathma pieces?

Feenix fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Nov 15, 2018

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
What are the purple glowing satchels/vials that drop that my character says she can’t carry any more even though I have inventory space.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

m.hache posted:

Those are blood shards. If you press + they will be next to your gold.

Go see kadala to gamble them. Always make sure you pick them up and keep gambling to make sure you don't cap out.

If you run Greater Rifts you'll increase your storage capacity.

For you I'd gamble shields to get Jesse's, and then upgrade a LVL 70 1 handed scythe in the cube to get the other piece.

This language both confuses and excites me.

Also, I almost had amianto’s nemesis but I rolled into a laser beam. Lol.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

m.hache posted:

Haha. I feel like the console version just assumes you know these things.

Long and short, gamble shields from kadala until you get a green one from the Jesse set.

She can be found in town. She is the blood colored gem icon if I recall. Usually by the Rift totem

Oh I know Kadala. I just mean like... gambling is what... buying items not knowing what you’ll get? Or a different action?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Dr. Krieger posted:

Any recommendations on better defense for Rathmas? I switched over to using bone armor + wisdom of kalan which is helping a bit but still getting one shotted a lot and capping out at GR67, really want to break 70. Would compass rose be better?

So like, the last CH4 Season thing I need to do is a Greater Rift at 20. This is my first GR. I did it at 20. I'm... surviving... but definitely just ran out of my time. Will lower GR's give me things that may help escalate my ability to run a 20 GR? Or should I just see if someone on my friend's list wants to help...

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I may need to look up Legendary Gems in general.

Also, I beat the GR20. Solo. No bonus. But I beat it. (I mean, I did die a couple times)

But I did not get the challenge.
It says to REACH GREATER RIFT LEVEL 20 SOLO.
Do I need to start from GR1 or something?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

m.hache posted:

Did you beat the timer?

No, but that seemed clear that that was a bonus objective so I assumed it didn't matter?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

m.hache posted:

Unfortunately no. I believe you need to clear the timer to get the achieve.

Word. Humble Beginnings for me, it is, then! :) Thanks all!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I’m out of GR keys. Is plain Neph rifts the only/best source?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Aishan posted:

Yes they only drop from Rift Guardians, but you get a higher drop chance as difficulty increases, eventually into multiple drops as you start heading into the Torments.

At Torment 2 I just got 1 key. Really? That normal? I could get one key doing, like, some way easier/faster difficulty, no?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I feel like every legendary weapon I’m getting (paragon 100) on GR20, or even when I go to a friends game that has all difficulty pegged to the max, they never really get any higher than what I have (the Butcher/Carver thing with like 3350 damage. Is it just the RNG being crap to me or have I peaked?
Or maybe I’m going about what ways to get better weapons wrong.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Weapon damage is important, but secondary to "what's right for your build". 4.5k damage on a 2h ancient legendary with +10% damage is about where that caps at, but what you want to go for is "the best rolled ancient for your build", which (if it's a 1h) is usually going to cap out at the 3k-3.5k range.

What I got is a 2H. And I’m running a Necro with Army o’Dead, mages, skeletons, corpse lance, and bone armor. I’m not even picky. I just feel like I haven’t seen a viable new weapon in forever.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I need more Diablo Switch Friends... :)

(Gonna go check that friend code list now...)

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I have Full Rather armor on my Necro. I am like 110 Paragon (not sure if that matters, but yeah)
At what point (if ever) do I start caring about gear I find (with much higher base stats) than Rather. Or is Rathma just the current best/endgame armor for Necro?

LIke, I'm finding base stat single and double socket chest pieces for 1200+ and my Rathma is like 700-something. That kind of thing.

Best place to get a lot of Forgotten Souls?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

m.hache posted:

Good runs tonight Feenix. I got some great upgrades so I can likely push GR65 now. Hitting for 100B+ is great.

Just need my neck and cubed weapon for my necromancer and then the only upgrade will be gems and ancient items.

Thanks for letting me run with you. I was a touch under capable so I just kinda trailed and mopped up leftovers.

So, I got a Jesseth shield on our first neph rift. Been looking for that. However, now I need to find/make or otherwise obtain a decent 1H weapon. Anyone have any suggestions? I only seem to find viable 2Hs.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So just go have Haedrig make me a Rare 1H Scythe thingie. (Whatever Rare 1h Scythe he has...) then head to the K-Cube and "Upgrade Rare Item" and keep fingers crossed for a Jesseth. Yes?

[edit]

LOL, the first one I got was a Jesseth.

Should I re-roll for better? I got:
2643.6 dmg
1377-1714 damage
978 Intelligence
7.0% attack speed
1.3% chance to knock back on hit

Reduce cool down on all skills by 8%
+19 Max Essence
And of course the 2-set Skeleton bonus.

Is that on the high end, middle or low?

Feenix fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Nov 29, 2018

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Dr. Krieger posted:

Exactly, and then once you get a regular one you get to do it 100 more times until you get an ancient version

100 more times referring to having Haedrig craft a L70 1H Scythe and then upgrade at the cube? Or do you mean I have to do something with the Jesseth to make it better?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

thechalkoutline posted:

The chances of of an Ancient is 1/100 Legendaries. Ancient weapons are the biggest next upgrade once you finish standard gearing

Word but what is the action for getting them? Does converting a rare into a legendary have a 1/X chance of spitting out an Ancient? Or do I need to take the converted Legendary and do something *Different* with it?

I guess I can google that. I just like talking shop with you lot.

[ed] in other news, whereabouts should I expect to get Pets, or more wings? I see people with horses and stuff..

Feenix fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Nov 29, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
What’s this like on next gen? (Ps5/XSX)

I know there hasn’t been a specific next gen patch… but I am wondering if they look/run/load better? Any other perks?

Feenix fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Mar 2, 2021