Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Stated playing this again with the Necro on sale on PSN, but I have a Seasonal Crusader at level 62ish. Ton of fun, never played anything other than Monk or Wizard, so this is cool.

PSN is DocFuzz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Got a Crusader through the 4th stage of the seasonal and got a full seeker set... :wtc: I went from handily tackling Torment IV/V to stomping rear end on Torment VIII as I fill the screen with hammers. :black101:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

^burtle posted:

PS4: burtology

Would love if I could surf someone's wake just to get to 70 for my Monk. Went up to GR 75 or 80 with a Barb last season, so I imagine I'll pick up steam once I can burn the journey. 1-70 is always the hardest part for me.

Seasonal? I'm heading home relatively soon and can plow through Torment VIII if you can stay alive.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I can't decide if I'm gonna go Necro or Demon Hunter this season for that free set.

Bonestorm looks fun, but I made a crusader last season that got that blessed hammer set and it plays essentially the same way but WAY more badass.

Melee DH looks awesome and the armor looks rad as hell, so that's another consideration.

I've decided top finish out my roster with each successive season. I already have a max Wizard, max Monk, and now the Crusader. Haven't looked into the Barb version of the gift set, and the Witch Doctor one doesn't involved filling the screen with frogs, so gently caress that.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

jodai posted:

I'd recommend demon hunter. It's what I used my first season and it was very fun. Just finished last season with my wizard, he was my favorite but DH has a special place in my heart.

I'll make everything eventually, my point was which set is a must have of the current season list.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

exquisite tea posted:

I am insanely biased but having played pretty much every set from every class across 1,500+ hours of Diablo the Third in six years, Shadow DH is my #1 favorite concept. You cartwheel around the map at approx. 3,000mph looking for elites to assassinate, then throw knives in their stupid faces until they explode, which usually happens in 1-2 hits. It's just the right combination of active, powerful, and tanky that it never really gets boring. Also very easy to set up as only a few offset pieces are absolute must-haves, and daggers can be easily cubed. It might not be #1 solo GR anymore in ~the meta~ but you will accomplish all your seasonal goals and then some.

Sounds about like what I was thinking from watching Ryyker's vids. Thanks! Totally making one. Doesn't hurt that the set looks amazing.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

PSN is DocFuzz

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

^burtle posted:

Since I am the thread now, I hit Paragon 100ish, so feel free to hit me up for power leveling.

I will probably take you up on this next week.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Anyone around to work on Seasonal characters on PS4? My PSN is DocFuzz, my DH is in the 30s atm, still slowly getting her up to 70 to get cracking.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

When does this season end?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Anyone playing this Season on PS4 still? Slowly plodding my way to 70 to get my armor, wouldn't mind some help if someone is willing!

PSN is DocFuzz, will be on again in a couple of hours.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Playing this sort of game on a controller is just so nice, I could never go back.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Folt The Bolt posted:

Yeah. I just turned my difficulty into Hard and went into Adventure Mode for the first time and got to a respectable Lv. 25 and some decent equipment (Reilena's Shadowhook) before calling it a day purely by walking around places I've already been. Gonna turn it up to Expert next and see if I can do it.

Right, I'm gonna have to look into how to open up Greater Rifts eventually, won't I?

Do Bounties to get to 70. Other than giving good XP for completion, you get double stashes this season with a decent chance at some uniques to help speed things up until you hit 70. Also look at your Season's Journey to try and compete the objectives for the first 4 levels... once you do, you'll get an entire class set for free, which will probably be a big strength jump.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

The inventory management is imo better on console also and it's hard to describe how much better playing with a controller feels

This.

But PC purists will always claim it's the best without actually "getting" it. This genre was seriously made for controller play.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

m.hache posted:

Started playing on the Switch after years on the PC. In one game the room shifted hosts 3 times, deleting all Rift and Bounty progress.

Is this common?

Once I grab my friend code I'll toss it on here. Playing a Necro for the first time.

Yeah I've never had that on PS4 either. Wouldn't surprise me if this becomes a common issue on Switch, though, since people might be trying to play it on public Wi-Fi or on the train or something and their internet sucks/cuts out.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Speed is more important than percentage gains.

You are always better off doing a difficulty level you are just strong enough to slam through without too much difficulty than you are having multiple deaths because you're trying too hard or they're just a little too strong. That's probably the most important thing when leveling you boost efficiency.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

onesixtwo posted:

I got my first SoJ when one of you joined for a few rifts :3

What is the value of SoJs, anyway? Outside of nostalgia for D2. I've found 2 this season, neither that great other than the unique bonus, such is alright and all but I don't think it outweighs the bonuses from my other two rings.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

lexxyth posted:

I posted in the other thread before I saw this one is active again. I'm looking for a seasonal boost on ps4, as I decides to jump late in the season. Psn is doktahooisdis.

I could help you out this weekend. DocFuzz on PSN, add me.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I have it on PS4.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

poemdexter posted:

I have it on both PC and PS4 and even though the inventory management is doable on PS4, it's still a slog and loving awful compared to PC.

Yeah but playing it with a controller is SO nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

No gently caress Blizzard