Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have this on my PS4 and I think it's the superior way to play the game. I love it being gauntlet style rather than point and click style!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
As someone who has only finished D3 once on PC, how is it that people are able to run through the seasons so fast on torment difficulties.

I was reading about the seasons and it seems you start from scratch, yet the higher difficulties say you need high class gear to play better. Is it just a case of having played so many hours that you are able to get around the difficulty by being good? (I'm really sorry if these are basic questions.)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Having played both the PC version and now the PS4 version, I believe the console version to be the absolute best entirely due to the control method.

I love the real time zipping about and movement way more than the point, click, click, click nature of the PC version. It reminds me of the Baldur's Gate game on Xbox which was way more fun than the one on PC.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Hooray! I am level 68, messing around in rifts and bounties and have done chapter 1 and nearly chapter 2 of the seasonal thingies :D

I'm also playing on expert and doing OK! I've never played past normal before. Last time I tried hard it took ages to kill regular enemies so I avoided it. I gave expert a try and it is tough but manageable. I have nearly lost my character once in the secheren ruins. I got the kainai cube too, but it looks way to advanced for my character.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

jebrown84 posted:

Yeah You'll need to level up to 70 and get some good rare/legendary/set gear to really push past expert. PS4 or Xbone?

I am playing PS4. It's such a wickedly good game :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

DeadBonesBrook posted:

I purchased the Necro pack on PS4 and its still not working. Everytime I select the necro pack on the title screen/try to make a new Neco character it says "There is no content. It might not be for sale yet, or might no longer be on sale". I'm on Euro Ps4, my game is fully updated, I've tried restoring the licences and resetting the console numerous times without any change. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix it?

Hello! If, like me, you had a disc based version then went for the digital version because of a sale, then you have to fully delete the disc install and begin again. It wouldn't let me just move over to a digital version and it treats them as completely different games.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

DeadBonesBrook posted:

Hi, thanks for the response.

No I've never bought the disc version. I have always used the digital version.

Ahh, then I am not sure. Unless you are from the EU? I got 2 seperate versions when I bought digital. One was for the UK and the other was Russian/Slightly outside the EU. They were also seperate. Is it possible the DLC is linked to the wrong version of that?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

DeadBonesBrook posted:

I'm in the UK but there is only one version of Diablo III for PS4 that is available to buy and download on PSN (not counting the new one they just added with Necro built in).

I wish I could help. :( I know I had a DLC issue on the PS3 with Dante's Inferno. I bought the disc off amazon, then tried to buy the DLC. Turns out the disc was from a different version in Europe and the DLC was looking for a UK game. It sounds so much like what you're experiencing that I thought it would be the answer.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
If I do the chapter 1-4 in seasonal with one character, can I then create another seasonal character and then just accept all the seasonal rewards for that class?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The rewards can be Claimed only once, but you can earn them on one character and Claim them on another!

This is what I was hoping! I've nearly done chapter 2 with a necromancer, but I saw the rewards you get for Monk and it looks awesome, but don't want to level 1-70 again with them :D