Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

2.6.0 is out, read the notes HERE!

What is this game?
It's Diablo 3, you've played it a bajillion times, you already know. But if you have amnesia, the basic gist of it is:
code:
10 punch, stab, shoot, & explode enemies (sometimes using magic)
20 have them explode into a shower of brightly colored loot that's possibly incrementally better than what you have
30 play dress up with your new gore stained outfit
40 Go to 10
Other things to do include:
  • 6 Classes (7 if you buy the Necromancer DLC), all significantly different from each other and each with unique skills, play-style, and loot.
  • A Story Mode you'll play thru once so you can just skip to adventure mode where all the fun really is!
  • Adventure mode, where you'll spend most of your time completing bounties (5 minute quests) to earn crafting resources and exclusive loot!
  • Seasons like Adventure Mode but Blizzard will periodically make you start all over!
  • Rifts, where you kill enemies, collect loot, and try to fill up a bar to Spawn a boss who will drop items!
  • Greater Rifts, which are like rifts, but timed, harder, and drop less loot that's usually of a higher quality
  • The aforementioned Loot, which is like 99% of why this game is fun! As you play at harder difficulties you'll get gear that changes how many of your abilities work, often in surprisingly bizarre ways!
  • Transmogrification, so you can make your loot look like other loot!
  • Cosmetic items, like Loot but useless!
What's the difference between this and the PC version?
After March's Season adding update, the only differences between the two is that the console version is a bit more geared towards couch coop and using a controller. This switches the game's look and feel away from an action RPG and more towards a Gauntlet-esque brawler. Content wise the two are nearly identical, though, and every update hits consoles and PC usually at the same time (except on ps3 and 360, because those don't get updates anymore).

The interfaces are also different, mainly to accommodate the differences in control scheme (Console versions have move the character directly using the Analog sticks, where as PC is more of a guide your character with the mouse deal) and make room for additional players via couch Co-Op (Console versions support up to 4 players).

Example of the interface differences:
Pc

vs
PS4 (Ignore the resolution, both run at 1080p)

Console versions also have a few other things, such as:
  • The kickin' rad sometimes annoying Nemesis system, where enemies who kill you can get upgraded to a generic Terror Demon that will occasionally invade your friend's games! Usually at the worst possible time!
  • A Mail system that noone uses! Also, it, it doesn't work during Seasonal Play!
  • Gifts, where occasionally a legendary drop will include a gift box with a copy of that legendary that will be sent to a random friend who has also played Diablo on Console! It's also disabled during seasonal play!
  • Rolling For Some Reason! I don't know why but the right stick rolls you in a direction quickly, it's kinda useful early on but by level 10 you'll forget it exsists.
All in all, They're both the same game and the changes don't really make one THAT much better than the other, but if you like punching demons and want to punch said demons with a friend in the same room as you, console has a slight advantage.

What the hell is a Diablo Season?
From Blizzard:

Blizzard posted:

Seasons are a fresh way to experience the game as though you were playing it for the first time—complete with rapid character leveling and gear upgrades. While a Season is active, players can create characters that are separate from their current non-Seasonal characters.

Your first character in a Season will start completely from scratch. Each additional Seasonal character can only share progress with this character. When the Season ends, these characters will become non-Seasonal and any items, progress, or Challenges they’ve earned in the Season will be available to non-Seasonal characters.

You can read more here.

Any tips?
Don't run Greater Rifts with Pubbies if you're not playing a seasonal character!!! There are a lot of hackers in the ps4 version at least, and those tend to make the game severely unfun. So if you do run public matches for GRifting, keep an eye for people with weapons with 3 gems or black untextured armor.

Since all the classes play more or less identical to the PC ones I'll just post links to their respective threads:
Barbarians
Crusaders
Demon Hunters
Monks
Witch Doctors
Wizards
Necromancer (there's no class thread yet so i just linked the icy-veins page)

Is this game still active?
Surprisingly yes there's still a good chunk of people playing on PS4 at least and with the upcoming content additions.

On June 23rd Season 10 will be ending. There is no official start date for Season 11 as of yet.

The Necromancer DLC is being release on June, 27th! is out!

The pack includes:
  • The twisted and misshapen Half-formed Golem in-game pet
  • Cosmetic Wings of the Crypt Guardian
  • Two additional character slots
  • Two stash tabs
  • Necromancer portrait, banner, sigil, and accent, and Blood Master pennant
The Console versions don't get the extra stash space, since we have more than PC version does already. It will be $14.99 and will launch alongside patch 2.6.0. There is also a limited time only Diablo 3: Eternal Collection bundle which should be available to PS+ and XBLG members for $39.99.

I wanna play with goons!
That's not a question!

How do I play with goons?
Next post over is a list of current players. If you want to add your name either post it in here, or PM me your username and console and I'll try and remember to put you in the OP.

good day for a bris fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jun 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Diablo 4 Console User List

Ok since noone has any clue how many players are still playing from the ps4 old list i've decided to go ahead and restart it here on ps4 as well as make a new psn commuunity. The new PSN commnity is named Wolfman Salvage Co.. It's an open community so anyone can join but I've gone ahead and thrown imvites to everyone in the new list.

PS4
Cadavrs4Algernon (It's me, I'm the guy)
literallygary
Hubbaducky
ElasticRebound
ohsohologramic
Sumtingwonger
SpaceLeftEmpty
Good_citizen
Draecas
ExCruceLeo
Juicedsixfo
super_aggro_crag
NomnomFirestar
YOHN_BLACKSTORM
Skyhammerflip
Anothergod
daver3k
herr_pink
Justinoid418
blizzard_six
BlackOni165
burtology
zerodrone
michwall
mentalcontempt
geektox

XBone
Rollie the Guar
Delters92
Mr Sucu
UltimateMistake
IM SO NOOB LOL
UltimateMistake
zombie boat
OscarWoscar
Kebby82
Genocide Tendency
moocow333
djinni-at-lamp
leftneuron
fastestgunalive
ahicze
schwein11
no Wizards k
@mechwarrior
AmateurSabot3ur

good day for a bris fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Aug 14, 2017

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Verisimilidude posted:

Add me on the PS4 list as "ohsohologramic". I play a lot with my cousin and could use the gifts.

Also can anyone send me a furnace? It's the last piece of my build and I haven't found a single one.

I am in the exact same boat. I'll send out friend requests tonight, maybe we'll both get lucky.

edit: gently caress it. Show off your awesome transmogs!

good day for a bris fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Nov 14, 2016

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

If the goon community is dead I'll probably make a new one. The only thing holding me back was being unsure of its activity level.

And yeah all the hackers make the game ridiculously unfun when they show up. That said, I'm fine running regular rifts with them cuz the rewards won't change, however GRifts are just plane awful with one of them on hand, especially the level 150 ones where you can gain 400 levels in 5 minutes.

Also bummed that apparently I suck so much resembling to use plague of locusts that I can't run a jade harvester without wormwood. I don't know why but without it I just don't enjoy playing that build.

Edit: I've gone thru and cleaned out the old ps4 list, removing people who haven't posted here, just because this is an older game and I have no clue who's active and who isn't. I've also created a new community, Wolfman Salvage Co., it's an open commnity and anyone can join so if you don't already have an invite just look it up.

good day for a bris fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Nov 16, 2016

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

crazkylo posted:

I don't have the proper weapon, so I equipped it to my cube. It may not be super great for dps, but I enjoy the ease of it.

I also have vile hive for free pestilence, Will that still be active if Locusts aren't on my ability bar?

I don't believe so but someone else might no better. I do have a spare sacred harvester I can throw you next time we're both online though.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Just to guage curiosity, is anyone interested in scheduled events? I have a buddy who just picked this up and once he barrels thru the campaign I want to try and get a weekly premafe going for gearing up.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Nevvy Z posted:

Does anyone know if the PSNow version of D3UEE is ps3? Is it still fun to local coop if it is?

PSNow only has ps3 games and unfortunately the ps3 version of D3:UEE doesn't get content updates, so youd miss out on most of the great stuff that has been patched in over the games lifespan, like the kanai cube, or the revamped greater rifts.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

So tonight I will be trying to host our first community Diablo event! Nothing major but i think I'd like to round up as many people as we can for demonpunchmans. I'll send an invite out when i get home on the ocmmunity but if youre available tonight around 10pm Pacific let us know and we will try and get this poo poo going!

We will also have an event for clearing the Shadow over Tristram come January.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

xxEightxx posted:

Is this still a defacto ps4 thread?

More or less. If someone wants to try and organize some xbone stuff I'll put it in the OP, but its mostly dead in here, even for ps4.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Good Citizen posted:

I just noticed I'm on the xbone list when I should be on the PS4 list. Good_Citizen

Fixed

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

EVGA Longoria posted:

Bought D3 on PS4 since it was on sale for cheap, and seasons are coming. PSN is Draecas (I joined the community), working to finish the main story before seasons eventually show up.

Awesome! Added. Let me know if you need assistance. If you don't care about the plot much you can easily burn thru the story in a day.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

EVGA Longoria posted:

Oh yeah, I've run through the story on PC so I'm good on the "plot", such as it is. Just trying to get some unlocks to prep for seasons. Whenever they hit.

Well it's been reported that seasons are supposed to begin on console on Season 10, I don't know how accurate that is but it makes sense, timing wise. I'd probably expect the Necromancer around that time too.

Awesome! posted:

i wonder if the season characters are forced online to avoid the duping that is central to the console d3 experience

I certainly loving hope so. Duping is the only thing that keeps me from playing GRifts online.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Awesome! posted:

there are the little pets that drop from menagerie goblins. not sure about anything else

Wings are rare drops from specific bosses. For example, Adria has a slim chance to drop Bone Wings if you kill her in an adventure mode game where she ISN'T a bounty.
Cosmetic transmog items are around, usually as boss drops or in secret little environmental hidey holes, like getting Lachdanan's Stormshield by following the Queen's Ghost in Leoric's Manor.
Pets usually drop from Menagerist goblins, they show up as blue on the map and are slightly larger than regular goblins.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Since there are apparently reports of 2.4.3 going live on the bone I'm assuming ps4 will have it this afternoon. So a quick reminder, if you want the cool pets and frames (are those even on console?) you need to solo the Darkening of Tristram even on a new level 1 character.

Additionally, this Friday @ 7pm pacific I am organizing a Darkening of Tristram run followed by a bunch of rifts for the ps4 community. If anyone would like to join, the invite is on the Wolfman Salvage Co. Community page. If this works I might try and organize a bi-weekly/monthly rift event.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

oh well its open so you can just go look at my communities on the PSN account and join via that. Also, thank for helping me carry my buddy last night, i think it sped up significantly when i gave up on Helltooth and went full on Jade Harvester.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Diablo 3 got a PS4 pro patch that added 4k support, is that actual 4k ?

I think it is, I don't have a pro but other games seem to get actual 4k, I'm assuming this wouldnt be any different.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Yeah ran thru on a level 1 barbarian, torment 2, with a gem of eased ashbringer and hellfire ring and gauntlets thing took maybe an hour to finish and I was 50 by th3 time I finished. Ive recently been playing Diablo 1 on my old playstation so it was especially fun to just breeze thru after how annoyingly hard that is.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

If youre on ps4, please remember to post your psn names and/or join the Wolfman Salvage Co. Community. We've had a good amount of activity lately and Im hoping to get enough going for weekly events or something similar.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Finally got the last piece of the leap quake set for my barbarian and I was wondering if anyone had a spare Ring of Might or Blade of the Tribes they can trade. I got a ton of set pieces for just about every class so I'm willing to trade just about anything for it.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Byers2142 posted:

I thought legendaries like Blade of the Tribes were bind on account?

Not on console, at least till seasons. One of the "big" features of the console version is the mail system where you can send loot to other players. I've helped friends farm up gear for their classes before.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Byers2142 posted:

I might have a Blades for you, then. I'm on my lunch break, I'll jump on and see. Byers2142, same name as on the forums.

Awesome! Also, the only restriction on item trading is you couldn't have enchanted/rerolled.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

If anyone else is down I'll be on quite a bit tonight, running as many rifts as I can. My Barb is probably around torment 8 so if you see me online (PSN: Cadavrs4algernon) feel free to hop in.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Don't reroll lower level stuff unless you really really need it for your specific build. Most of the time you'll see a lot of these items at a pretty regular frequency.

Also, some items, like the Ring of Royal Grandeur, Convention of Elements, Depth Diggers, etc. are pretty damned useful to multiple builds on multiple classes and may be worth cubing.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

SumTingWong posted:

Hey dude, I've got an ancient blade of the tribes if you still need one. SumTingWonger in game. btw my wife hates you because it seems like every gift that drops for me is for you, lmao.

Ooh I'll take. Tell your wife I'm sorry, for a while it seemed like I only got poo poo for you. You can mail or I'll be on later today.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

SumTingWong posted:

Sorry man, I got home late last night, my wife said you sent a message - I am making her drag me along when she does bounties while I'm at work :P

Looks like I don't have the extra one after all anyway, does this game like not save sometimes for anyone else? I swear I've gotten drops and then when I came back on later things were either no longer identified or not even there anymore... it's happened a couple of times lately.

Anywho I will send you the next one that drops anyway!

Don't stress. I'm running a Raekor/IK build now so it isn't super important. I've been bouncing between the two but the Sonic/Donkey Kong combo of dashing into enemies and throwing boulders is too much fun.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

TheDarkFlame posted:

Flatmate has played the hell out of this game, and really loved Diablo 1 back in the day but was a bit disappointed with the new event. I saw someone in the thread said that you got pets for doing it from level 1, which might make it worth going through. And someone else said that there's a mushroom item collection-chain-thing that you can do too, any good guides for this anywhere?

Lucky you. I put a guide in the OP!

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

TheDarkFlame posted:

That's great, thank you, I figured it might not be something every game site has already written about, since it's a last-gen game recreating an ancient computer game. Guess I was wrong. Still, this might be an interesting way to burn an evening and it doesn't seem too involved.

It's more like maybe an hour, tops. It's pretty short, but it's a good way to start a new character

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Suspicious posted:

Rings and amulets are crafted by the jeweler.

Unless I'm remembering wrong, on console they actually show up on the armor tab at the blacksmith. Shen only really does combines.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Supposedly, season 10 starts March 31st. If that true I'm sincerely hoping ps4/bone will get seasons then as well.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Seasons don't actually have a set time frame. They usually are 3 months but the date is speculation right now. They haven't really said whether or not it'll included console seasons but the thought process was season 10 would start on both so who knows?

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

So I guess it wasn't speculation. Confirmation of season end date here: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20570422/season-9-ending-soon-3-3-2017

Still no official word on console seasons though.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

So Console Season 10 has been confirmed.

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20631435/first-look-season-10-3-17-2017

Blizzard posted:

Seasons Arrive on Console

If you’ve been waiting to experience a fresh start for your console characters, you’re in luck! For the first time, those who own the PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game will be able to discover the fun of Seasons, including unique rewards and the Season Journey. We’ll have more details on the specific ins and outs of how Seasons work on console soon, so be sure to stay tuned!

I've updated the OP with the time and date, and will put instructions for how to start a seasonal character once they let us know how it's supposed to work.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Marmaduke! posted:

Got a possibly stupid set of questions... I had the PS3 version and me and my girlfriend played it through together a year or so ago, got a few nicely developed characters. I recently got Reaper on PS4 and imported the save, but it will only let "me" (my PS4 login) pick the old characters, if she plays alongside me she has to log in as the secondary PS4 account and play a new character. Am I missing something simple, can I just have another person join in on the same console and pick one of my other characters, or do they have to develop their own guest characters?

(At the risk of sounding like the old man I am, I really do miss the good old days, where you'd just have two controllers plugged in, and a mate could just press start and play the game. None of this make a new account, name, pick an avatar, make your own characters rubbish)

No, this is really how it works. You may be able to migrate a character via USB but i doubt it.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Grey Fox posted:

I'm excited for seasons even though I don't 100% understand them. Never done them before even though I played D2 and D3 on PC before migrating to PS4.

Just your luck, I've updated the OP with the explanation straight from the horse's mouth Blizzard.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Do you have to be level 70 to obtain keystones? I want to do greater rifts on my new guy but he doesn't seem to be getting the stones from nephs.

Yes you do. Greater rifts can't be run if you're under 70 so they won't drop.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Disillusionist posted:

I've been playing a ton of D3 on PS4 lately and I'll be playing more when the season starts. I only have HC characters though. My PSN: blizzard_six

I also joined the PSN community but it seems dead?

I put together the new community in hopes of it picking up when seasons came out so I wouldn't count it as dead...yet.

That said season 10 starts during an insane game month for me between Destiny's Age of Triumph, Dark Souls' Ringed City, and Persona 5.

But I will play, dammit!

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Neron posted:

Should the season be live now on consoles in EU? All I'm seeing is "season ended" on my character screen

Season 10 begins at 5pm Pacific

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

dentist toy box posted:

ITT we are no longer professional russians

I'm debating petitioning for a thread name change to this or "remember, no (professional) russian"

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

So I have been attempted to do this season from scratch with people around my level, but Persona has eaten so much of my time I think it's probably not gonna happen anytime soon.

So if you're on PS4, feeling generous, and see me online playing Diablo and don't mind exercising those broad shoulders I wouldn't mind a carry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

So I picked out and got a chest piece drop and a RRG early on in my season so I absolutely crushed everything. I gotta say, the buffs to Zunimassa's makes playing a pet Witch Doctor much better.

I'm currently running all fire skills with a cubed Magefist, a Hellfire Amulet with Confidence Ritual, and a Staff of Chiroptera. I'm tearing thru torment 7 no problem.