Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

VideoGames posted:

Having played both the PC version and now the PS4 version, I believe the console version to be the absolute best entirely due to the control method.

I love the real time zipping about and movement way more than the point, click, click, click nature of the PC version. It reminds me of the Baldur's Gate game on Xbox which was way more fun than the one on PC.

I'm with you there, though I wish there was a better way to target apes (I'd love to be able to hold down the button and drag the target with the right stick). If you need help gearing up or blowing poo poo away feel free to hit me up: Cadavrs4Algernon. Other people are much farther along of course but I'm always down to help if I'm on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Jonathan Demers posted:

Just got the game on sale. I'm on PS4 and i've joined the community wolfman salvage co. What now? I'm new to this game... None of my friend got it, will the member of the community count for the nemesis feature ?

no not really, send friend invites. you can just use the community to see who else is online playing and see if maybe they want to play.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

omg chael crash posted:

Oh, I get it now. When you hit "view rewards" when selecting chapter 1 it shows you the reward for chapter 4. What the hell

it shows that cuz you dont get the rewards till you finish the first few chapters...there's no individual rewards for the first few chapters until you start getting Haedrig's gifts.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Lucas Archer posted:

With seasons on the ps4 I leapt back in with a monk. Just finished getting my seasonal set - the next step is just continuing the season goals and doing the set dungeons, correct? Do all the sets have different dungeons?

Having never played a season before, I'm now really happy they've come to the console. I can see how they get people addicted again.

Each set has a different dungeon, and there are rewards for clearing individual dungeons as well as clearing all of them which gives you a real badass pair of wings.

That said, wait for next season. They're reducing the mastery requirements to make it easier to get rewards.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

I know moat people here probably just follow the discussion in the main Diablo thread, but Necromancer will be dropping next Tuesday for $15 bucks.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Kilometers Davis posted:

I've put a billion hours into this game and had fun every minute. $15 is fine for me. I'm just glad it's finally coming out. I haven't played D3 in a while so it's a great time to jump back in.

That's where I'm at too. I do think $15 is a bit steep but I enjoy the game a lot and as long as they keep adding to it in a meaningful way for free, I'll throw money at it for stuff like this.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I either eat this gourmet cheeseburger and live another day or I buy Diablo 3 Necromancer and die tomorrow.

Seems like an obvious choice to me.

We'll miss you...

edit: OP is updated! that should hold us over till we get official season 1 start dates!

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I have run the numbers to determine if it is A Good Deal

Vanilla Diablo 3 gave us 5 classes at $60, or $12/class
Reaper of Souls gave us 1 class at $20, or $20/class
Necromancer Pack gives us 1 class at $15, or $15/class

As long as you ascribe absolutely no value to the game mechanics, art assets, and missions that were added in Vanilla and RoS, the $15/class price point is actually a tremendous improvement from the previous alarming trend of increases

also it's goddamn $15. That's round-up-all-the-loose-change-in-the-house money.

No cow mercenary, no deal. Sorry, I'm pretty set in my ways re: what I'm willing to pay for

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Updated the OP.

Patch notes are here.

good day for a bris fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jun 27, 2017

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

So we shouldn't expect any cheaters/hackers in seasons?
Yeah, that's why in the OP i strongly suggest against playing GRifts with pubbies. In a normal game playing with a cheater is sucky but they won't actively ruin your game...in a GRIft they can start queueing up for ridiculously high rifts or fast clear it so quickly you start levelling up out of control. This is now somewhat mitigated by the fact that you can only run GRifts you've earned access to, but in the old days it was uncommon to run a GRrift trial and get thrown into a level 100 GRift and have some guys with a 3 gem Professional Russian Sword nuke the whole thing in 2 minutes and get you like 500 Paragon levels in a single game.

good day for a bris fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jun 28, 2017

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

I just finished my full inarius build... goddamn I love how that feels. I've been wrecking everything nonstop and nothing can stop me.

I love how they made the Necromancer more of a melee oriented front line fighter, I just with the Pestilence set was more viable instead of just driving off a cliff Thelma and Louise style one you try to go past T10.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

I had that as well. Honestly I just use for my weirdo witch doctor who has his knife transmitted into a hamburger and is holding a live cat in his other hand.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

dentist toy box posted:

Are you supposed to get anything for finishing your set dungeon?

You get emblems and such but the only real reward comes from finishing all the set dungeons so you get a set of neon green angel0ic ribbon wings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Friendly Reminder that post #2 is a list of all the players who have put their PSN/XBLIDs in the thread. There's a good number of both, so you should be able to find someone...

Also if you see me online (PSN: Cadavrs4algernon), hit me up. I'm more than willing to get off my FFXII game and help out.