Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa lost to a probably not very good Seaton Hall team. Generally looked really young. Lots of turnovers and missed free throws. The interior defense is pretty non-existant too. Tyler Cook and Pete Jok are both really good though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

elentar posted:

Virginia humiliating Iowa early on. Dunno what the ACC season will show but this year's UVA team is really well balanced so far.

Iowa lost all but one of their real contributors from last year and are super young, they're gonna be doing well if they make the NIT this year.

That was an ugly beating though. Thankfully this game happened right after Iowa stomped the poo poo out of Nebraksa in football so no one is gonna notice or care

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Dango Bango posted:

I hate Lonzo Ball so much. Such an ugly shot form and yet it keeps. going. in.

Lonzo Ball plays like a NBA Jam character come to life and I love him so much. I'm excited to be able to root for him without the Alford stink

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa somehow in the game with Jok having an awful shooting night. Cordell Pemsl gets overshadowed by Cook but he's gonna be really good in a year or two.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Annnnd here goes the game. Bad night for Jok to go ice cold. Even an average game from him and we'd be way up, young guys have been playing out of their minds

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa currently losing at halftime to the second best university of Nebraska campus

vikingstrike posted:

I didn't watch the game but I'm curious how UK loving lost to UCLA again. d must be in a great place giving up 97

UCLA is really good. It's upsetting

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
we lost

we're so bad

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Thoguh posted:

This isn't going well.

It ain't gonna last. You're getting good looks and we're tossing up junk that happens to be going in

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Bird in a Blender posted:

I just turned the game on. Hoping this is just a typical cold start for ISU.

Yeah. Iowa also couldn't miss for a long stretch.

Poor Pemsl. He's looked like a beast for long stretches this year but he's looking way over his head in this one. Kinda afraid that's gonna happen a lot against bigger and more athletic teams early in his career. He actually reminds me a little of Niang. Limited athletically but great old man game. Doesn't have the outside shot yet though.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
What a loving flop

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
lol that last Jok shot

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Shooter's roll, son

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa is just forcing up nothing but trash now

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
On the other hand, if Jok is open it's a good shot no matter where he is

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Not feeling great about hanging on to this but great game for this team either way. We are stupid young and our second or third best player is hurt

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Gaaaaah that Baer three

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
HAWKEYE STATE, MOTHERFUCKERS

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Thoguh posted:

At least we're better in the sport that really matters. Women's cross country.

Lol dammit I had literally typed up this exact joke after going to the Cy Hawk website to see what we had actually lost

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa up 18 at half against a pretty solid Northern Iowa team. I, uh, did not see that coming

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
We didn't play Drake but since Drake's only win is a narrow one over a D3 team I feel pretty confident saying we're State champs after this one. Also somehow lost to Nebraska Omaha. Weird year

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
ESPN3 you were already in the dang building why didn't you stick around so I could watch Drake (ARF ARF ARF ARF) beating Iowa state?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

R.D. Mangles posted:

OH poo poo LET'S SEE THOSE ESCHMEYER AND SHURNA HIGHLIGHTS, BIG TEN NETWORK OH HELL YEAH

what was their best ncaa tournament moment

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Bird in a Blender posted:

That was way closer than it t should've been.

Yeah it was tied deep into the second half. This is an all time bad Drake team too, which is saying something. They genuinely might be the worst team in D1.

Also lol

https://twitter.com/tommybirch/status/810310283423928320

ISU playing like garbage and then talking poo poo on the other team after the game is my new favorite tradition

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Strong point imo

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Fire Izzo imo

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa is not very good yet, this is a terrible matchup, and Purdue can't miss. We might lose by like 50

E: and I think Tyler Cook just got hurt again so that's rad

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Tyler Cook has now twice been robbed on an amazing dunk because of a criminally bad offensive foul call

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa isn't very good yet but we are gonna be awesome in 2 or 3 years

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Hey we won! That was a really good game. This team is a lot more fun to watch than I expected. Young guys are playing really well and Jok is on pace for one of the best seasons in school history. He's an unreal shooter and so fun to watch when he gets rolling. We'll still get smoked a few more times like we did against Purdue because the defense is trash, but if we're hitting threes we can at least score with just about anyone in the conference.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Henchman of Santa posted:

Who is this knockoff Dan Dakich that the Big Ten Network has?

Not watching but Joe Crispin probably? He's bad but mostly just dumb as opposed to being a genuinely awful person like Dakich

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Troy Queef posted:

I've heard good things about Cook Out from people that live in the Carolinas, but this just confirms I'll have to eat there if/when I travel out that way:
https://twitter.com/CookOut/status/816810557248536578

I've only been a couple times but Cook Out is the best. You can have chicken nuggets and a corndog as sides! It might be the most efficient dollar per calorie restaurant on earth

Basketball content: Deonte Burton's Nick Young-esque belief in himself is inspiring and I am extemely happy he is a cyclone

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
What I take from this is that Iowa would definitely win the Big 12

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Jok is playing like poo poo but thankfully Isiah Moss randomly decided to go off

Iowa actually is pretty fun this year even if we're not very good. We have a pretty good offense, play really fast, and play no defense at all

MourningView fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jan 6, 2017

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Pete Jok is so loving amazing when he's feeling it

Dango Bango posted:

Yeah that definitely changed in the 2nd half :catstare:

This one is going to go down to the wire and Nebraska can't make free throws :mad:

Aside from Jok and Bahannon neither can we!

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
NIT is being optimistic

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

PotatoJudge posted:

Lol Nebrasketball

The foul on moss that let them tie it was kinda horseshit so feels like justice

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I'm so excited to finally have a Bohannon. If Alford hadn't been trash we'd have probably had at least two of the others

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Dango Bango posted:

He's related? I knew there was a reason I instinctively hated him.

Also, DOUBLE OVERTIME :suspense:

Yeah he's the fourth to play D1 basketball. The two at Wisconsin and then another at Northern Iowa. They're all from near Cedar Rapids and their dad played football at Iowa in the 80s. The oldest one wanted to go to Iowa but Alford barely recruited him.

Ugh, Iowa really fell apart at the end their. Not unexpected from a young team but hard to watch. Really good game though.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Hello Towel posted:

Illinois basketball annoys me for no definable reason

It's the fans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

mastershakeman posted:

there's nothing wrong with Illinois fans

I have had people yell at me about Deon Thomas who were barely alive to see Deon Thomas play basketball

• Locked thread