Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

kiimo posted:

Some Indiana fans are convinced Brad Stevens is going to be the next coach because I'm sure he hates making so much money they won't tell us coaching possibly the best young nucleus of players with more high draft picks coming in at possibly the most prestigious NBA program in the country.

This is maybe the single most delusional thing a significant portion of any fanbase genuinely believes, it's the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
If you're gonna be completely stupid why set your sights so low? Maybe Greg Popovich is bored and wants to try college basketball. Phil Jackson could get fired, you should try to get him! Or perhaps The Ghost of Noted Indiana Native John Wooden. All of these are every bit as realistic as Brad Stevens deciding to leave the Celtics to take over the like 7th best team in the Big Ten

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Nolan Arenado posted:

I mean, obviously Steve Alford will be the next Indiana coach. It was a long con and it worked quite well.

I would be so happy

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
yo gently caress northwestern

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
loving spoiled rear end rich kid school that graduated darren rovell and is coached by a one of the dukiest dookies to ever duke

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
(love you rdm)

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Josh Lyman posted:

also michael wilbon

also they are currently being sued because their shithead Duke trust fund baby coach harassed players into transferring against their will. but they've been lovely at sports for a long time so apparently they are good guys

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Hawkeeeeeyyyyyeeeeeeessssss!!!!

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Jordan Bohannon is only a freshman and is already the best Bohannon

Also Iowa in no way should be anywhere close to the NCAA tournament but I am like two games away from making a very stupid argument based around "quality wins"

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Nolan Arenado posted:

With this bubble, I think if Iowa wins their next two, they are in a first four game. That would be 20-14 (11-9 vs B10) with wins AT Maryland, AT Wisconsin, vs Purdue, vs Iowa State, vs Michigan. One bad loss to Omaha, I don't really buy Memphis on a neutral as a "bad" loss, at least in the sense that phrase is usually used.

Tend to agree about Memphis but most of the good wins are also taken down a bit by the conference being trash. Like tonight was rad but Wisconsin is in a free fall. And the Omaha one is really really bad. I think they'd have to win at least a couple in the Big Ten Tournament (and win against Penn State which is very much not a gimmie with as bad as they can be at times). That it's an even faint possibility is ridiculious though, and I am super angry about the ending of the Minnesota game all over again now

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Nolan Arenado posted:

Go Camels, up 29-26 over Radford at halftime. Chris Clemons has 69 points in the last game and a half...

I will never forgive them for 2011

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa's gonna lose to loving penn state and make this bubble talk sound even dumber than it already was.

Thankfully big ten network appears to have taken a poo poo so no one will have to see it

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Pete Jok played 5 minutes and had 1 point in the first half

He has 17 with 12:30 left in the 2nd. :swoon:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Also Dale Jones, a senior who played like 5 minutes all year because of injuries got to start for senior night and drilled a 3 on his first shot. It was his first points all season :unsmith:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Nolan Arenado posted:

10 seed Milwaukee went 4-14 in the Horizon League, but they have won their first two conference tournament games and have a halftime lead tonight in the semifinal game. Let's all root for the madness of the last place team getting the autobid!

Coached by an accomplice to Lickliter's attempted assasination of Iowa basketball, so hard pass on this

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Poque posted:

is that the guy who excuses players when they poke dozens and dozens of players in their eyes?

It was not and also I fear you are being badly cheated when buying donuts

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Rooting for Boston college is not very much fun, you guys

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Goddammit

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

R.D. Mangles posted:

rutgers is a tough out lately, like they have one scorer and a bunch of dudes who just beat the poo poo out of everyone on the boards and I don't want a part of them tomorrow.

They played northwestern close but they're still pretty dang bad. They had a decent number of blowout losses later in the year, including getting absolutely carpet bombed by Iowa without Jok. OSU is really bad

MourningView fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Mar 9, 2017

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/drewchallett/status/839665959149318144

Rest of you chumps should be ashamed of yourselves.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
They should play in them the rest of the year.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Considering Iowa couldn't buy a jumper outside of Bohannon and Indiana couldn't miss from 3 for most of the half only being down 3 feels vaguely miraculous

I hate that IU dropped all the way to a goddamn 10 seed, they're super talented and really good when they can stay out of their own way

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
E: this is definitely radiums fault somehow

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Triple post somehow wooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Well that loving sucked. Still this season was pretty much found money, and it was fun being on the bubble for a bit. Really excited for the next three years with this freshman class and the recruits we have coming in

• Locked thread