Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Michigan dunking on Marquette in the first half, they might score 50+ before halftime at this rate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
It is so so so strange hearing ESPN constantly talk about Michigan's unstoppable size and impressive defense

what on earth is happening

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

arkmedes posted:

Michigan somehow loses to Virginia Tech at home, yikes

Two main things: Zak Irvin was the best player on the court, and then basically lost the game by himself with three god awful hero ball shots down the stretch

There were a trillion fouls called so neither team could actually play offense

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Michigan played their first good defensive game of the season, but unfortunately it was at the Kohl Center so Wisconsin went into the double bonus with 14 minutes left in the 2nd half and a steal that never went out of bounds was called out of bounds because Bo Ryan's dead gay ghost is still there casting evil wizard spells of lovely boring basketball over everyone, cool

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Rutgers leading Wisconsin at half time :siren: :siren: :siren:

Update: This game is a crime against humanity and everyone involved should be imprisoned

Marquis de Pyro fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jan 28, 2017

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Fouls are Michigan 6, MSU 1 and Izzo still has a tech for complaining about the 1 call that didn't go his way. Going to be a classic Breslin Center game

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

kittenmittons posted:

Lol Michigan

In back to back games, against Michigan's rivals, Zak Irvin combined for 5 points on 2-18 shooting with 6 turnovers.

Somewhere, a Michigan blogger/writer's ghost is still spookily whispering 'actually....Zak Irvin is good...'

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

The Great Autismo! posted:

Zak Irvin was one of those guys who was rated super high based on "potential" and "what he could become", which is obviously important i understand that with recruiting, but like people in Indiana were slobbering all over him in 2013 like he was this amazing can't miss player but he had to, you know, like, develop before he got there, which is always far from a sure thing? anyway don't wish the kid ill will hope he plays well when he isn't playing Purdue, but knowing that we are like one of the two big10 programs closeby that wanted him I'm sure he will go off for 34 against us

Honestly I just think he's a player who isn't that athletic and isn't very smart on the court, you'd think those would be the types of things scouts and recruiting services would notice, but guess not!

I'm willing to concede the possibility that he would be more athletic if he hadn't hurt his back pretty badly a couple of times in his career, but god drat he sucks

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
lol 20 loving years of MSU clowning on Michigan and taunting endlessly, and the one time a Michigan player shows emotion in that entire span they instantly get a tech

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
God willing this will be the game that finally kills Tom Izzo and also somehow Bo Ryan dies too

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
lol Thomas Bryant just gets pissed off and elbows DJ Wilson in the mouth three times in a row and they call it a double foul. What a sport

Please don't blow this game

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
lol Michigan gets called for a 2 shot foul when a Minnesota player falls out of bounds untouched for a turnover and then the next time down after another out of control player falls down and is bailed out, they call a tech on the bench for literally nothing

The referee...Ted Valentine. What a shock

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Mo Wagner is going ham but I think Haas being able to clothesline him on the way to the basket without a foul being called might stop that quickly

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
This is Michigan basketball, they will either keep shooting in the 2nd half and win or go cold and Purdue will come back. They're basically either the best team on earth or the worst team on earth as they almost entirely rely on outside shooting. For all my referee complaining, I'm sure the reason they never get a call is that the team plays around the perimeter and doesn't go aggressively very often. It seems that teams that just bulldoze to the basket every time down the court force the whistles and teams that play like Michigan create "let them play" situations.

Basically what I'm saying is that I wouldn't be surprised at all if they blew this lead as they don't really have a playstyle that is conducive to getting easy points and grinding the clock down at all.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I am absolutely disgusted that the walk on didn't chaos dunk that

gently caress sportsmanship, that was your moment!

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
It was nice of Zak Irvin to jack up an idiotic three instead of getting the last shot so that Northwestern could make the tournament. Just the kind of bad player but good person that he is

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

BlackJosh posted:

That was a seriously impressive inbounds pass. I can't even be mad.

Can I be mad that the 6'10" guy literally stood there shrugging his shoulders while guarding no one instead of making a play on the ball?

I mean, have you ever seen a player stop playing and shrug his shoulders while an opposing player is making the game winning shot?

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

IcePhoenix posted:

What is Michigan doing (outside of nothing) on offense? It's like watching the Tubby Smith Gophers again.

Michigan has one of the most efficient offenses in the history of college basketball

I'm not saying this to make fun of you, because you're absolutely right. They go through long stretches when it's not working and they just pass the ball around and then jack up a crazy three. But when it is working it's all open lay ups and uncontested threes.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Walton Jr is styling all over Minnesota

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Derrick Walton Jr has played 116 minutes of basketball in the last 3 days with stitches in his leg from a plane accident, and he still scored 29 with 9 assists and 4 rebounds

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
RIP Notre Dame Player

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Derrick Walton Jr status: still going ham

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Based on Duke's case of "the last 4 days are all that matters" Michigan shoudl clearly be a 1 seed

• Locked thread