Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Wake Forest leading 63-44 at the half against UTEP....

...going 13-20 from deep. :staredog: Old Gold-en State?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Wake up 102-74 on UTEP inside 4 minutes.

Oh and by the way they've only attempted one three in the half. :stare:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
LMAO Mizzou

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

alpha_destroy posted:

I am not sure it counts as a "LMAO" when they never should have been in this game to begin with.

It absolutely does when you lose like that.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So they just did the Wake Forest player intros to the beat from John Cena's theme. I hope it continues.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
DEACS

FIRST CONFERENCE ROAD WIN IN YEARS

FIRST WIN AT STATE SINCE CP3

WOOOOOOOO!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Probably Magic posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again because it's true and I miss him as an assistant coach for bigs - Danny Manning is good.

It's been clear to me for about a year but some Wake fans were questioning him even earlier this season, which is dumb.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
LMAO Duke

Sorry I think I bumped an old-rear end thread maybe? Just saw November in the title but this is the one I had open

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

elentar posted:

So that was State's first win at Duke since 1995. Of course, they went off home-and-home with them after the mid-2000s expansion, but that's still a lot of games.

I don't get how a team capable of this and the VT game is also capable of losing to...pretty much everyone else in the conference. But for tonight at least, there's this (and it might even be better for not counting):
https://twitter.com/SBNationCBB/status/823718882817036288

it tends to pick up as the season goes on, no? or maybe it's just in decline. definitely not a vintage year for college ball so far.

Wake Forest is Good though.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I have never been angrier at basketball. End my life. gently caress Duke.

That said people who want Manning fired are idiots for many many reasons.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Probably Magic posted:

The gently caress?

Also, Down With Kentucky.

People are saying MANNING CAN'T FINISH GAMES, HE'S A TERRIBLE IN GAME COACH completely disregarding:

-He's been a HC for five years period.
-Is getting out-coached by HOF-ers, HOF proteges, or one level below HOF-ers with a roster he's still building and against a schedule no coach would look forward to facing

It's so tiring and stupiid.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Probably Magic posted:

Ever since Danny Manning left Kansas, Kansas's post defenders went from Player of the Year candidates to... pretty good but not transcendent. He's legit a great developer and coach, and I wonder who these WF fans are because they seem pretty detached from how they were doing before.

I could post a dissertation on how/why Wake fans get that way and where the idiocy comes from but it's just a mess.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Probably Magic posted:

Post it because I need something to distract me from this mess.

Being a Wake Forest fan is an odd proposition. You go to a small school, one of the smallest in D1, with a lot of legacies and a very familial feel. Wake fans, depending on the circumstance, alternate between "We're a small school and will never see sustained success" and an inflated sense of worth on the back of moderately prestigious tradition (in basketball). What this leads to is an infuriating mixture of fatalistic doubt that things will ever get better and a quasi-entiitled shortsighted need for instant gratification with healthy doses of infighting and sanctimonious "I told you so"-ing from long-time fans.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What a fuckin' finish

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Jay Bilas's Bill Walton impression was loving great. I know he's a Dukie but Jay Bilas rules.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
DEACS

BITCH

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

kiimo posted:

There's a bracket out there with Georgia Tech (17-13) and Wake Forest (17-12) in and Wichita State (27-4) and Illinois State (25-5) out.

Wake should be in but lol at Tech.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
LMAO Grayson Allen is such a punk-rear end

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
GREG MCCLINTON OWNS

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I really despise my school's fanbase.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

elentar posted:

Wait do they want to fire Manning or something? Just send him down I-40 to Raleigh. Hell, we'll send a car.

Nahhh but they're talking about us maybe missing the tourney which no loving way and how the team was "lazy" in the second half. They were tired on D but Christ, that's gonna happen when your two stars are sophomores playing against seniors and grad transfers on 5 days rest while your stars played 30+ minutes each the night before. And it was still close FFS.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

elentar posted:

UVA doing that thing again where they let a double-digit halftime lead slip as their opponent hits one 3 after another.

From general observations and talking with the guy who runs Backing the Pack, I have no idea how any of y'all SBNation or other semi-official blogging types handle the teeming masses of the college sports world. So many of them are just the absolute worst.

It's a challenge, I'll say that.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh my god I can't watch right now but I have to see these intramural jerseys.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Rick Pitino is an idiot.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Grittybeard posted:

Well Louisville's managed to gently caress this right up. Weren't they up by 12 or 15 or something just a few minutes ago?

Yes. One of the worst coaching jobs I've seen in a while.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Good god that was terrible.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo TCU.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This Baylor/K-State game is loving AWFUL.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Seriously, this is Two Bad Teams.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
LMAO at that foul call.

Make-up call!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This K-State/WVU game is comically bad.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Poque posted:

I was like "it's 2-0" and then noticed how much time had passed :lol:

And it's WORSE than that looks.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
K-State doesn't look like a tourney team, it's merely that the teams they've played have looked like turbo poo poo. 12 combined points in 9+ minutes, 6 of those having come on back to back possessions,

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Penisaurus Sex posted:

I am very sorry for anyone without a vested interest in a WVU game who watches us play.

I have an interest in K-State failure.

I wish I didn't.

Someone answer me, are all Big XII games this lovely? Because good God.

Wake would be up by 30 on this WVU team right now as they're performing. Holy poo poo.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Mar 11, 2017

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

resident posted:

Iowa st, Kansas, and Baylor games are good

Lies, Baylor/K-State was embarrassing.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

resident posted:

The common denominator of poo poo here is clearly Bruce Weber

My point is mostly K-State doesn't deserve to be in the tourney playing like this.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Poque posted:

so many crimes against basketball.

This is literally angering me to watch, and not just because I want K-State to fail. This is the most pathetic game I've ever seen.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So was that the worst half of basketball of all time?

I can't think of a worse one. Neither of those teams should be considered good at all.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Okay but neither of those are alleged NCAA Tournament teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Fran Fraschilla is so bad. So, so, so bad.

• Locked thread