Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Go Cocks, nice win against Michigan. Maybe we're not hosed this year after all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

So uh, we just beat Cuse 64-50. Two consecutive double-digit wins over Top 25 teams. :stare:

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Sure would be dope if SC would let its best player play (or at the very least, explain why he's been suspended forever). Tough to argue that we wouldn't be undefeated with him in the lineup this month.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

The Cocks are 2-0 in the SEC for the first time in back-to-back seasons. :toot: Go figure, getting our best player back from a bogus suspension means we're not dropping winnable games anymore.

Also, lol at this UNC-State game, holy poo poo.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

3-0 in the SEC after a win at Knoxville, which is traditionally a house of horrors for us. :toot:

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Just steamrolled Ole Miss. Huge, huge week coming up for the Cocks vs. UF and at UK.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

It was an incredibly ugly game to watch and poorly officiated on top of it, but the Cocks got the win over the Gators. A trip to Kentucky is next, so I was just hoping we could take care of business at home and come up with a split out of this week. So far, so good -- this a great win for our season and program.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

PJ Dozier, easily our second-best player, will miss the Kentucky game tonight with back spasms.

Welp, so much for that!

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

We have the No. 1 3-point defense in the country, so of course Kentucky is raining 3s and we're about to get run out of the building. This was a likely L regardless, but drat, I really wish we'd been full strength.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

I would not be enjoying this game anyway, but man college refs love making this sport unwatchable.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

Fox twisted his ankle and is questionable to return. Kentucky is not near as good on offense without him, and South Carolina is getting back in this game.

You'll be fine. Might even the field a bit since we're missing a top offensive player as well, but UK is just too athletic for us.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

Monk came to life at the end of half to help keep a cushion. SC seems to be all Thornwell right now.

Yeah, our other guards (namely Notice and Felder) are capable of heating up, but they're just too inconsistent. That's why it really hurts not having Dozier available -- Thornwell has to shoulder too much of the offense without him.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Just beat the absolute dog out of Auburn, 98-69. Great way to bounce back after the UK loss.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

The Cocks played their worst game of the season on the road against Missouri tonight, but still managed to find a way to win by 10 points. I'll certainly take an ugly rear end win over what would have been a horrific loss. Sorry, Mizzou bros.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Mizzou has a way of making that happen.

For what it's worth Kim Anderson has been pretty ok against Frank Martin (1-3 coming into tonight with all the losses being single digits counts as pretty good by Kim's standards). Maybe partially some style thing in the matchup, although I have no idea what Missouri's style is beyond sucking. I didn't actually watch the game so I don't have any clue how it went down, just saw that stat earlier.

The way you guys play actually reminded me a lot of how SC operated a couple seasons ago: good and even great defense with a lot of hustle, but no offense whatsoever. Y'all locked us out of the paint better than any team not named Kentucky and we probably would've taken the L if Mizzou had more firepower on the offensive end.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

The Cocks are good, but drat LSU is really bad.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Sindarius Thornwell should get serious consideration for SEC player of the year but he doesn't wear a Kentucky uniform, so I expect nothing.

He still extremely loving owns, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Another one-and-done SEC tournament for the Cocks. Hopefully our regular season is enough to keep us in the NCAAs because we've been pretty loving awful for the past 2-3 weeks. Alabama, in particular, has had our number lately for some reason.

• Locked thread