Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

big juicy nectarine posted:

Post live about the Fall of Izzo, and the Rise of Self.

Or Michigan State will come back, I dunno.

It's a 4 point game.

Also losing most of our tough non-conference schedule is what we do. It's all prep for March.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Ehud posted:

Gators playing like young dumb team

Canyon Barry shoots free throws like his dad

I thought we were getting a third generation of Barrys but nope, Rick just kept pumping 'em out. Also Canyon is a loving horrendous name.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Rick posted:

I feel like this is the first year in a long time I've tuned into an Arizona game and not known who multiple people were.

This is how I am at the start of every college basketball season. The only reason I know who most of the MSU guys are is because this class was so hyped.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Miles Bridges is indeed good

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Excellent bad shot by Tum Tum

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Dang

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

elentar posted:

No non-D1 wins on the first day, although it took Southern Miss 2 OTs to put away NAIA Tougaloo College. Beyond the Wagner upset at UConn: the Frank Haithization of Tulsa continued with an opening day home loss to Jacksonville State; Boston College has already lost to a sub-300 Kenpom team, Nicholls St; Hawaii somehow lost to SIU Edwardsville; and Penn State dropped one to Albany.

I would argue that Albany has had a better program than Penn State for a while.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

elentar posted:

Duke about to tip off Grand Canyon, always good when you can bring some legitimacy to scam institutions.

Coached by Thunder Dan!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

elentar posted:

First non-D1 win for the year last night, as NAIA Louisiana College beat McNeese State—for the second year in a row.

Joe Dumars weeps

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Michigan State is tied with FGCU in the final minute

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
We escaped the team formerly known as Dunk City by one point with a clock operator controversy to boot. Looks like free throw shooting is gonna be an Achilles Heel just like in 2014-15.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Regnevelc posted:

3 plays in a row - the home cookin was good

Spartan Bob: Basketball Edition

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Isn't Grambling's entire athletic department in shambles or something?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
This is probably gonna get ugly

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Actually this game is very good???

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
:sigh: nice meltdown

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I don't think I've ever seen a Michigan State team that doesn't commit 8 million turnovers against big non-conference opponents.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
:stare: at least Bridges is always entertaining

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Just flipped the MSU game on and we are losing to 1-6 Oral Roberts.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The refs just called fouls on 5 consecutive possessions. Why do people dislike college ball again?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Zerilan posted:

I hear people say this a lot but I don't think I've ever listened to him speak enough to understand the dislike of him.

Watch any game he calls with Duke in it or even tangentially related and you'll understand.

Also literally every time he calls a Michigan State game he makes the same joke. "Izzo and Dantonio, I bet they eat a lotta linguine up in East Lansing baby!"

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
This is the year we beat Oakland soundly, right? No, probably not.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Oakland has a dude with a tattoo of God's hand reaching down with a huge basketball

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Alvin Ellis is the most nondescript player in Spartan history and he singlehandedly kept that came close enough for a comeback to be possible.

Also I saw someone sincerely argue that Mark Dantonio should be fired this year so there are probably people that genuinely believe that about Izzo.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Miles Bridges is back against mighty Rutgers

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Who is this knockoff Dan Dakich that the Big Ten Network has?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

MourningView posted:

Not watching but Joe Crispin probably? He's bad but mostly just dumb as opposed to being a genuinely awful person like Dakich

It was Crispin. He's got the same voice and tendency to ramble. Doesn't have the same hot takes though.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Good lord Bridges

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
:sigh: Go Green

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Can't wait for McQuaid to have his next good shooting game in 2018

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Hooray :unsmith:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Glad to be done with an inexplicable losing streak to Nebraska

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

The Great Autismo! posted:

hey izzo go gently caress yourself lol

I think I turned that game off in 47 minutes of real time, which has to be a record for me in any sport.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Man I'm gonna miss Miles Bridges. It's too bad his one season is mediocre for the program.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
If Michigan State misses the tourney I will gladly adopt Chicago's Big Ten Team

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
MSU has now lost to multiple teams that lost to Rutgers

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

elentar posted:

Oakland just crashed out of the Horizon tournament on this play, so Valpo's chances get way better.
https://twitter.com/MattNorlander/status/838186014065709056

Dammit Grizz!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Anyone know what the worst regular season record a team had while still making it into the tournament because they went on a tear and won their poo poo conference tourney?

Off the top of my head Holy Cross had like 14 wins going in last year and I remember Miami Ohio doing that too like a decade ago.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Dang Milwaukee, so close to being the worst tourney team ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/TheWilderThings/status/839575100802404352

• Locked thread