Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Seriously, gently caress Fran Fraschilla. Having a guy who calls Kansas fans smug announcing their games is not much better than putting Bilas on Duke games, but ESPN keeps being incapable of helping themselves. The guy can't even pronounce Morris right because he's so east coast, but thinks he knows "the truth" behind Big XII reffing. gently caress off back to Madison Square Garden.

Anyway, ideally this all ends in West Virginia finding a way to lose to Jamie Dixon again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Give me Bill all the loving time. Hell, I find Vitale hilarious.

I mean, Fran is not the worst. All time bad was when Jeff Van Gundy and Mark Jackson commentated on a game KU lost, and the entire time I wanted to kill myself because they didn't know what the hell they were talking about even worse than usual.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Thoguh posted:

Big XII reffing is hilariously biased in favor of Kansas though.

All college reffing is biased towards home teams and blue collar programs. Thinking this is only a Kansas problem and that Ames never forces some erroneous calls out with enough crowd outbursts is the height of vanity.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

That a guy whose team snapped Kansas's home-winning streak this year is bitching about the overwhelming Vast Kansas-Wing Conspiracy is proof of a really bizarre inferiority complex.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Not really more than anywhere else. I'm not going to pretend that the reffing in the Phog isn't highly biased towards KU, and that there isn't some favoritism at times elsewhere because of reputation, but again, that's the nature of college reffing in general, and I'm not particularly interested in the constant unbiased perspective offered by a guy whose kid went to OU has to give about it.

Bobby Knight hates the poo poo out of KU and thinks the refs are all in our pockets, and he's still not as incessantly shrill about as Fran has been of late.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I will die on this hill for the sake of Jayhawk purity everywhere.

Jeff Withey did nothing wrong.

Anyway, gently caress Duke.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Blue chip collar star franchise programs.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Mods???

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Man, gently caress Duke.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Fran Fraschilla is so bad. So, so, so bad.

SEE?????!!!!!

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

Just because you have a KU legend for a coach doesn't mean you have to agree with the likes of KU fans.

Both have "exiting the conference tourney early" down pat. Synergy.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I really wanted K-State to win that for some lulz, but at least my thesis that "Bruce Weber Sucks" still stands firm.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Last night I dreamed that Kansas faced Michigan in the second round and Michigan scored a trillion points and Bill Self died at halftime from a stroke and then the ghost of Trey Burke appeared at halfcourt and started laughing at me, me personally, as I wept like a broken faucet.

Actually, I had this weird dream about meeting an LPer face-to-face and applying to some lovely community college, but that's less precognitive than what I just described.

What I'm saying is, I think Michigan is going to be a dangerous team up until they hit the Elite Eight and suddenly have an overall shooting percentage of 17%.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Bird in a Blender posted:

I have a good feeling that ISU isn't winning this game. It's early, but they have not been hitting shots early, and that usually spells doom.

You were saying?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

buddhanc posted:

I love bill Walton so much

Same.

• Locked thread