Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Henchman of Santa posted:

Miles Bridges is indeed good

infrastructure problems my rear end that John Oliver is full of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Well they have the lead...

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If KU beats Duke we will credit Indiana for exposing our weaknesses Friday.

In that case I believe we will all put on a clappy face.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Self likes to start the season against the toughest competition. They've done it for like the past five years. I mean, college basketball doesn't really punish you for losing these early games.

Personally I think he does it to break down his players so they'll listen to him in practice.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Are good. Fox and Bam alone could carry that team.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Monk. Bridges. Fox.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Bam really does look like Dwight

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If it's too loud you're too old

:rock:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXe-zJDZGIE

kiimo fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Nov 16, 2016

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

About as long as I've been hearing about Monte Morris.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Hello Towel posted:

Indiana vs. UMass-Lowell was very boring, but, hey, we won. I hate Indiana's non-con schedules so much.

Over or under 70 fouls called?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

That's ridiculous, you can't overrule him. We need to send a clear message that we will not tolerate rim hanging this out of conference season. It's fine later.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

big juicy nectarine posted:

Kansas always plays like poo poo at the Sprint Center, it's really funny.

Makes me not want that 1-seed.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I know this board hates Alford but I think that we have to reassess that opinion at this point.

Edit: what a shot by Ball to go into the half.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Dec 3, 2016

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

That Leaf is a white baller. It's a special subcategory

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

vikingstrike posted:

I didn't watch the game but I'm curious how UK loving lost to UCLA again. d must be in a great place giving up 97

They also have Jason Kidd 2.0 on their team.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

big juicy nectarine posted:

I'm still mad from losing to Stanford in that one tournament during the Embiid year, so that sick-rear end dunk was cathartic for me.

Think of the bright side. If that third Conner Frankamp 3 went in, he's a hero in that game and probably would have stayed at Kansas and then his terrible rear end would still be stinking up the roster.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kansas' three guards are insane. Mason, Graham and Jackson were 67 points on 25/34 shooting. 12/16 from 3.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Matey posted:

kansas state beats colorado state, colorado state remains the cooler school due to being in state with legal weed

That's like number 5 of 146 reasons.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

iospace posted:

OSU is the epitome of overrated

Thought you meant Oklahoma State and was going to agree.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Matey posted:

he traveled

In United States we call that "No-Call" in Ukraine we call it "Better Luck Next Time".

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I think it is a good idea to set Grayson Allen free for four weeks while Coach K is out. Sweep every leg, Johnny.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I don't know which game to watch.

Work isn't even an option right now.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I have bad news re: history when the #1 spot opens up right before KU plays. Well, bad news for us.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Been watching UK Vandy and that foul trouble killed Vandy.

Also I'm not real sure if I want Baylor to lose and then go #1. It's better to have Baylor up there imo for both the conference and the bullseye.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

West Virginia came alive. That block was huge.

Vandy still has a chance here.

edit: oh poo poo !

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

KU can't hit the broad side of a barn right now.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

They camped out for three days in 5 degree temps and then started leaving the arena early and then all stopped when that three went down and watched from the doorway.

Pathetic.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Obvious trolling from our own moderator but I'll play along, you're going to judge KU's only loss being in overtime to their first opponent starting freshmen when Indiana shot 48% from 3?

Also Iowa is 11-8 on the nation's #67 strength of schedule vs. Kansas 17-1 vs. the #19 strength of schedule. At least wait until we get blown out by West Virginia boasting the #93 SoS and losses to #65 ranked Temple and #72 ranked Texas Tech before you trigger us.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

jesus this thread is annoying sometimes. We barely have any actual discussion about college basketball in these threads it's mostly gently caress duke and my team did this and that with no responses. Any discussion is met with eye rolling and putdowns. That post took about a minute of my life.

Also Villanova is #1.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Can't decide if the upcoming loss to West Virginia or the loss to Kentucky will hurt KU's seeding more.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Dick Vitale with all the students, a student behind Dick sticking his tongue out, Dick turns his head, nearly jams his nose right into the guy’s tongue

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

b-minus1 posted:

refs tried SO hard to give kU the game. it's actually impressive how hard they tried.

You look like a moron when you do this.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

There is a group of people in the Kansas City area who write long diatribes of how dirty Kansas is (fine) and they make a point to go out of their way to lowercase all the Ks in their paragraphs (dumb).

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The key to eating poo poo is possessing the "want-to".

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

all aboard the Wildbandwagon, my man!

finding some way to choke out of the tourney is still extremely northwestern, but it's looking a whole lot better and Welsh-Ryan is going to be loving lit on Wednesday.

I went to a game once and also drank with Evan Eschmeyer so I think I qualify for bandwagon status when my teams is the first 1 seed to lose to a 16. Let's go Wildcats gently caress state schools!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I feel like I just had sex eight times.

edit:

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

can't wait for kansas to get bounced in the second round after they get a 1 seed they no business having after the conference spends the whole season protecting them

https://twitter.com/BenDuBose/status/831354377944326144

You're better than quoting a Mizzou fan who still gets mad about a team they don't play.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Feb 14, 2017

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I think Bob is going to take the team parakeet that they adopted and carry on the bus and named Petey and crush it with his bare hands while the team is forced to watch. Then he's going to down a bottle of Beam in one gulp and smash it against the emergency rear door.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

If we ignore that Bill Self is the biggest coward in the world for not playing Mizzou (especially now), um...how do you respond to what actually happens in that video?

Just ignoring the first sentence I'll go ahead and say that what is going on in that video was a missed call. It was one of the many missed calls. I know West Virginia fans feel sick because I know the feeling from when the Chiefs were up on the Colts few years back. But no amount of home cooking gets 14 points in two minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

All bets are off because I've never seen a Self team play small ball. I hear that is good for tournament success, we will see.

Kansas has a very good chance to be significantly better next year.

• Locked thread