Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jimmy mnemonic
Jan 9, 2007

Fun Shoe
Inside my local store the other day was a kiosk selling Aloha Soft sheets made of bamboo viscose https://www.alohasofthome.com/bamboo-sheets.html. Anyone have any experience with these sheets?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jimmy mnemonic
Jan 9, 2007

Fun Shoe

Renegret posted:

My Costco had those awesome giant pot pies today.

Fair warning, it only needed half the cooking time than the directions stated. Almost had my third kitchen disaster of the day.

I've read some reports that the pot pies are very salty. How did it taste?

jimmy mnemonic
Jan 9, 2007

Fun Shoe
My Costco finally got Kitu coffee back in stock after an absence of like six months. It's keto friendly with MCT oil and monk fruit. Picked up a couple of boxes the other day.

jimmy mnemonic
Jan 9, 2007

Fun Shoe

PokeJoe posted:

Every single time I see someone post that thing on sale in this thread it's still full price at my costco :argh:

give me the ham!

Same at my store, I stopped by this afternoon and it was still 99.99.

jimmy mnemonic
Jan 9, 2007

Fun Shoe

Mercury Hat posted:

For my money, you can't beat the containers of 8 rotisserie chicken quarters they sell for 5 buckaroonies, though.

Mercury Hat posted:

Yeah, I have the best luck if I've gone around opening time on a weekday, like Tue-Wed-Thu. They don't have many and not all the time but they keep them with the packs of breast meat, the big premade salads, the ribs, that kinda stuff.

Thanks so much for mentioning this. I had no idea this product existed, I usually ignore this part of the deli case. I much prefer leg and thigh meat to breast meat so this is a win for me. I picked up a container on my visit this morning and am looking forward to it.

jimmy mnemonic
Jan 9, 2007

Fun Shoe

CaptainCrunch posted:

On my trip today, I spied these. Looks to be from the same company that makes the pickle chip crumbles.

I am dieting, so I passed on them.

Can you eat these plain? Or are they too spicy/salty?

jimmy mnemonic
Jan 9, 2007

Fun Shoe
Somebody mix in some 505 with some cottage cheese and report back

jimmy mnemonic
Jan 9, 2007

Fun Shoe
Pre-pandemic packages of boneless beef loin top sirloin steak were $5.99/lb. Post-pandemic they went up to $8.99/lb. Just got back from a store run and now they're $9.99/lb. God drat it

jimmy mnemonic
Jan 9, 2007

Fun Shoe
I researched TV models in anticipation of black friday sales and on November 1 pulled the trigger online on the Sony X90CJ 75". Due to various constraints I scheduled delivery for today November 16. The delivery guys set it up and when turning it on saw this:

The glass itself is not cracked, it looks just like a prank screen saver image of a crack. However neither the settings nor the input selection nor any other button change the image.

I can't exchange it for another unit because now this model is out of stock. :negative:

jimmy mnemonic
Jan 9, 2007

Fun Shoe

Pennywise the Frown posted:

So the TV is totally fine but there is a cracked screen saver on it?
It's not fine in the sense that none of the buttons on the remote had any effect on what was displayed. You would think at least the settings menu would show up. In hindsight we could have tried plugging in an HDMI input but I doubt that would have changed anything. I think something internally is broken. I had the delivery guys take it back and I'm getting a refund.

jimmy mnemonic
Jan 9, 2007

Fun Shoe

The Slack Lagoon posted:

The guy in line in front of me is buying 20 gallons of whole milk, 2 bottles of wine, and 4 packs of croissants. And nothing else
Sometimes that's all you need in life.

jimmy mnemonic
Jan 9, 2007

Fun Shoe
I bought a chicken pot pie for the first time yesterday. I was a little apprehensive because I had read anecdotal reports that they were extremely salty. I baked it yesterday evening and to my relief found that the salt level was appropriate, on par with any other chicken pot pie I've had. I liked the nice big chunks of chicken and the whole baby carrots. All in all it was satisfying comfort food for a cold winter evening. A+++ would buy again

jimmy mnemonic
Jan 9, 2007

Fun Shoe

Goodpancakes posted:

Some light blue bag of dark chocolate and coconut covered almonds is giving me problems. Would recommend
Is it these?

If so I concur. Do not get these if you want your caloric intake to be below 5,000 per day.

jimmy mnemonic
Jan 9, 2007

Fun Shoe

Sloppy posted:

You guys were right, the Kirkland cauliflower crust pizza owns. Anyone tried the Miltons veggie version?

I've tried it. It's good but IMO Kirkland is better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jimmy mnemonic
Jan 9, 2007

Fun Shoe
I picked up a boneless leg of lamb yesterday at $5 off. Only I've never made lamb before so it will be interesting to see how it turns out. Wish me luck goons.