Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Get a garlic press you heathens. then just press in the peel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Tiny Timbs posted:

I just use the giant jars of garlic bits. People complain that you need to use more garlic to get the flavor so I just use more

Jar garlic is loving gross. Also usually loaded with sugar.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

jisforjosh posted:

I balanced out the salt by adding Mike's Hot Honey and Sriracha

The Bachan BBQ sauce is excellent on it.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

You all should start a church group.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Inspector 34 posted:

Wore Costco pants to job interview. Job offer tendered and accepted. Thanks Costco.

The power of the deals caressing your lower half.

PBUC

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

B-Rock452 posted:

Wife decided she wants to do keto for a bit so obviously that means we had to drop 800 dollars at Costco today.

Costco: $800 in meat for my wife

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Tatsuta Age posted:

if you're closing in two weeks it will not matter in the slightest what you do to your credit right now

Please do not listen to this person.

Your mortgage company will absolutely gently caress you if you do this.

They see you opening a new line of credit right before closing the mortgage as you not having enough capital to close on and furnish your house. Opening a new line of credit will at the very minimum introduce a bunch of chaos as you frantically explain to the bank why you did it.

At worst, it will kill your rate lock, push back your closing, or very worst case you will not get final approval for the mortgage.

Also be aware you’re likely going to take a 30-50 point hit on your credit the second you close. At 800+ I doubt it’ll impact your ability to open a Costco card, but still. Just wait till the day after or the day of closing.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

The salted PB at Trader Joe’s is the best I’ve had, hands down. It’s also only got peanuts and salt.

Orange label one.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

I’m going tomorrow.

Kill me.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

So I went to church in tetoboro, cause it’s supposed to be nice.

And it is. But Bergen county has these weird fuckin blue laws where you can’t buy housewares or clothes on sundays.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Pinus Porcus posted:

Do they also still have the no alcohol sales before 2 pm on Sundays or something too? I worked in Teaneck at a restaurant forever ago and was so confused by the blue laws.

Nope, alcohol is sold 12-6.

https://www.northjersey.com/story/life/columnists/2018/01/25/seeing-red-over-blue-laws/1040987001/

quote:

Bergen County’s blue laws restrict the sale of certain goods on Sundays, forcing all department, mall and most retail stores to close for the day. Everything from clothes to furniture to appliances are off limits. The laws date back to the 1600s, originally stemming from religious beliefs, and became part of New Jersey’s “Act to Suppress Vice and Immorality.” Over the years, there have been attempts to overturn the laws, but strong opposition to traffic in certain towns thwarted those efforts, leaving Bergen County as the last county in America with such heavy Sunday restrictions.

Never seen anything like it before. Especially in the northeast 5 miles from NYC.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I liked the Nissin Raoh Tonkotsu Ramen packs but I haven't seen them in a long time. I don't really like the Tonkotsu bowls they sell now

They were at my local this week.

Shin black is the poo poo though.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

olives black posted:

The red is soooooo good though

Black is the red with bone marrow powder.

100% better.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

jisforjosh posted:

https://www.costco.com/lg-65%22-cla....100761679.html

I've been eyeballing a 65" LG C1 for a while now and heavily contemplating it every time I visit my local store. But now I'm at a crossroads.

Online and in stores it's $1599 but says the price expires 7/4/2022. Knowing that the C1 is a discontinued product from LG and stores are trying to clear existing stock, do I get it now or see if the price goes down for some 4th of July sale?

It’s this price everywhere right now. The “deal” is you get the 5 year insurance bullshit.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Kevin DuBrow posted:

I am apparently faceblind because I had to go into the replies to figure out that it's the actors from Breaking Bad

TBF they’re like 10 years older at this point.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Back in my day we could order a dog without those got dang kiosks

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Yeah there’s no thin mint flavor. Mint is too weak IMO.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

pseudanonymous posted:

Costco should have like Adult Swim hours and Geriatric Swim hours and Family Swim Hours. I know they'd never do this but.

They did have old people hours for a while during the pandemic (First hour before open)

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Is calling church to check stock level on a TV a thing?

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Club Sams can balls my suck

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Just left church with strawberries, cherries, honey crisp, blueberries.

+ a LG C1 65” and a sound bar.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Devor posted:

Everyone can do a little bit of retail fraud, as a treat

Thread title Costco: Everyone can do a little bit of retail fraud, as a treat

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Goin to church today.

Which meat should I buy.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

nwin posted:

I don't understand customer service some times.

I had a 65" tv delivered by Costco June 10th. It's great. I love it.

Yesterday they started offering a $150 costco card with purchase of said TV.

Since I'm 3 days PAST the 30-day price match, they won't honor it.

However, they will let me return the TV, come pick it up from my house, and deliver a new one with the costco cash card.

Sorry that sucks, but thanks for the heads up.

Going to Costco today to price match that.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Kaddish posted:

My Costco didn't have 505 today :mad:

I did get a bag of the street corn I've been eyeing as well has a jar of black truffles in oil because why not?

Also some of that Japanese bbq sauce you guys were talking about.

The Japanese BBQ sauce is excellent. Bachanns or something.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Anyone have opinions on these beans?

If they don't have a roast date, I don't recommend them. Grocery store beans generally are bad because they're old as hell.

You generally want roasted within the last month or so for a bag that big.

Take this opinion with a coffee snob grain of salt.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

StormDrain posted:

Counterpoint. Costco has a small selection and the product there moves quick.

Doesn’t matter. It could sit for months before hitting shelves because of how companies purchase and move stuff around.

Coffee starts to taste stale after 8 weeks max, and is gross after a few months. Most grocery stores don’t like putting roast dates on bags for this reason.

I personally would never buy a bag without a roast date, and a bag that size never more than 1 month old.

But again, snob.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

:confuoot:

Me, who just spent $70 on 2lb of coffee

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

BigPaddy posted:

The thin mint pretzels are pretty good

Not enough mint to be thin mint IMO.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

ninjoatse.cx posted:

What kinda coffee was it? That's about how much I used to spend on Jamaican Blue before the pandemic doubled (:stare:) its price.

https://www.chromaticcoffee.com/ethiopia-limu-gera-anderacha-dry/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

bagmonkey posted:

Spent under $40 at Costco today, hashtag blessed

You’re supposed to tithe 10%